ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#21 » by The J Rocka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Mattya wrote:If Glen Taylor said this recently then he should have never opened his mouth. If I were Love I would be miffed by those comments too.

Taylor with the tanking comments towards KG and now this comment. Just keep the team here, open you wallet (no problem with that), and close your mouth.

As for Love, this doesn't surprise me, yet again. Seems like we were just discussing Love comments a few months ago. I'm kind of tired of these hints about leaving and his "complaining" on & off the court. Just focus on being 100% and helping the team get more wins.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#22 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Mattya wrote:If he leaves in free agency I would guess Chicago, NY or Brooklyn before LA.

Seriously? why? Lakers would have the money and he had a big story in LA and California, besides the family thing, and he went to UCLA also.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#23 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Trade him. I'm tired of him bitching, his giant ego, and his sense of entitlement. Bitches during games. Bitches to the national press. WIlliams doesn't even get to play and he doesn't bitch this much. Where's the leadership? We still gave the guy a 4 year max contract and so far he got injured (again), hasn't gotten in shape, and is shooting 38%. If he's already bitching while things are going well, it's probably just a matter of time before he bitches his way out of town.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#24 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Fischella wrote:
Mattya wrote:If he leaves in free agency I would guess Chicago, NY or Brooklyn before LA.

Seriously? why? Lakers would have the money and he had a big story in LA and California, besides the family thing, and he went to UCLA also.

The Lakers have money the year before he has the option to opt out. I highly doubt the highest spending team in the league will wait a year to sign him. They don't have the assets to trade for Love. Of course they had a big story in LA, that is what they do, come up with garbage and sell it to their fan base.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#25 » by The J Rocka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Trade him. I'm tired of him bitching, his giant ego, and his sense of entitlement. Bitches during games. Bitches to the national press. WIlliams doesn't even get to play and he doesn't bitch this much. Where's the leadership? We still gave the guy a 4 year max contract and so far he got injured (again), hasn't gotten in shape, and is shooting 38%. If he's already bitching while things are going well, it's probably just a matter of time before he bitches his way out of town.

Pretty much.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#26 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 pm

i almost made a proposal for a love/ak47/shved for artest/gasol swap. i didn't think they'd fall for it.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#27 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Trade him. I'm tired of him bitching, his giant ego, and his sense of entitlement. Bitches during games. Bitches to the national press. WIlliams doesn't even get to play and he doesn't bitch this much. Where's the leadership? We still gave the guy a 4 year max contract and so far he got injured (again), hasn't gotten in shape, and is shooting 38%. If he's already bitching while things are going well, it's probably just a matter of time before he bitches his way out of town.

i've seen him bitch to refs instead of getting back on defense :banghead:

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
No-Man
RealGM

Post#28 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Mattya wrote:
Fischella wrote:

The Lakers have money the year before he has the option to opt out. I highly doubt the highest spending team in the league will wait a year to sign him. They don't have the assets to trade for Love. Of course they had a big story in LA, that is what they do, come up with garbage and sell it to their fan base.

They could very well wait, also HE has a story with Lakers, his father palyed there, he went to UCLA, for christ sake his uncle is the main leader of the Beach Boys.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#29 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Fischella wrote:

They could very well wait, also HE has a story with Lakers, his father palyed there, he went to UCLA, for christ sake his uncle is the main leader of the Beach Boys.

He also craves media attention like no one else in the game, sans Dwight Howard. Lakers seem like a sure bet to me.

Hambone93
Starter
And1: 501

Post#30 » by Hambone93 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 pm

There would not be a team in the league that would say no to grabbing love. That generally means it's not a good idea to trade a guy on the first year of his (almost) max contract.

I get it, he is developing an unsettling habit of bitching to the press. He always bitches to the refs, and he's been out of shape and injured this whole season. As a player right now his best offensive move is a pump-fake, his shot has been atrociously off the whole season, and his defense always leaves something to be desired.

But he can still play. We know that. And I might be alone in this, but I don't think that this is love's prime. I think he can and will get better. Selling low on him because you don't like him is not a good idea.
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#31 » by gensu3k1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm

In the war or wills between Love and Kahn, Krapinsky sides with Kahn.
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#32 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Hambone93 wrote:

There would not be a team in the league that would say no to grabbing love. That generally means it's not a good idea to trade a guy on the first year of his (almost) max contract.

I get it, he is developing an unsettling habit of bitching to the press. He always bitches to the refs, and he's been out of shape and injured this whole season. As a player right now his best offensive move is a pump-fake, his shot has been atrociously off the whole season, and his defense always leaves something to be desired.

But he can still play. We know that. And I might be alone in this, but I don't think that this is love's prime. I think he can and will get better. Selling low on him because you don't like him is not a good idea.

Who says we're selling low on him? If anything, we're selling high.

NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#33 » by NewWolves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 pm

cpfsf wrote:i almost made a proposal for a love/ak47/shved for artest/gasol swap. i didn't think they'd fall for it.

Really? I think that's an awful trade for us. Maybe if you take out AK or Shved.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#34 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm

gensu3k1 wrote:

In the war or wills between Love and Kahn, Krapinsky sides with Kahn.

Fire Kahn too.

But firing Kahn only feeds Love's sense of entitlement. I don't want to build my team around the Terrell Owens of the NBA.

Mattya
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:20 pm

I don't believe it. When haven't the Lakers splurged? They won't wait if there are other options on the table. The Wolves would trade Love before they let him leave in free agency anyway. Then what will the Lakers do to beat the offers other teams are going to make? Nothing, since they won't have assets. I couldn't care less if his uncle is one of the Beach Boys, and UCLA. That sounds just like Knicks fans with Lebron. "but but Jay Z, said Lebron in a track, and he was wearing a Yankees hat, he was at a club in NY." Sure he might want to play there, but there are other places he might want to play for more. The Knicks actually have Cap Space the year Love has an option, Chicago is long rumored to be a place Love wants to play because Rose is a friend of his.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#36 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Mattya wrote:Then what will the Lakers do to beat the offers other teams are going to make? Nothing, since they won't have assets.

That's the sad part, and why I hate them the most, they dont need assets.

If Love says that he only wants to play in LA and you try to trade his ass in 2014 with one year left in his contract, nobody, but the Lakers, are going to offer anything for him.

You'd be forced to trade him to LA, and I'm betting he wants to play there, I'm very positive about that...

So, you cant do anything about it.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#37 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Mattya wrote:

I don't believe it. When haven't the Lakers splurged? They won't wait if there are other options on the table. The Wolves would trade Love before they let him leave in free agency anyway. Then what will the Lakers do to beat the offers other teams are going to make? Nothing, since they won't have assets. I couldn't care less if his uncle is one of the Beach Boys, and UCLA. That sounds just like Knicks fans with Lebron. "but but Jay Z, said Lebron in a track, and he was wearing a Yankees hat, he was at a club in NY." Sure he might want to play there, but there are other places he might want to play for more. The Knicks actually have Cap Space the year Love has an option, Chicago is long rumored to be a place Love wants to play because Rose is a friend of his.

Noah and picks for Love?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#38 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Fischella wrote:
Mattya wrote:Then what will the Lakers do to beat the offers other teams are going to make? Nothing, since they won't have assets.

If Love says that he only wants to play in LA and you try to trade his ass in 2014 with one year left in his contract, nobody, but the Lakers, are going to offer anything for him.

You'd be forced to trade him to LA, and I'm betting he wants to play there, I'm very positive about that...

You don't wait till 2014. You do what Utah did with Deron.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Fischella wrote:

Sounds like a lot of hypotheticals on your part. So they have to not do something they have never done before and not spend money, and pray that Kevin Love demands to only play for LA.

Just not realistic.
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#40 » by gensu3k1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 pm

The Wolves could always try going a calendar year without openly insulting Love and see if that changes his attitude.
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves