ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#81 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 am

check my blockbuster on TB. :D
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#82 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 am

We shouldn't give Love for anything less than a great PF and a great SG.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#83 » by AQuintus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am

To everyone ready to give up on Love, do you remember when this exact same thing happened to Kobe? And instead of trading him to Pluto or Atlanta like he wanted, they went out and got Pau for nothing and then they went and won 2 of the next 3 championships (and got to the Finals in the other one)?
IShotTheMaid
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#84 » by IShotTheMaid » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 am

People need to realize that teams aren't going to absolutely gut their roster for Love. I don't actually think that Love's stats are "empty" but he clearly needs help to win (which isn't bad, but it proves the point that other teams aren't going to make a lateral move by trading their superstar for ours).

I really liked the proposal of Ibaka/Lamb/toronto's pick for Love. This team could use a young SG prospect and a big time athletic-shotblocker to put next to Pekovic.

That said, I want Love here and don't think he's as unhappy as these articles try to make it seem.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#85 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:We shouldn't give Love for anything less than a great PF and a great SG.

It's impossible.
I'd take a great PF in return but he must play defense, someone like Horford. As for a SG, I think came around the idea of waiting on Shved to develop here.
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#86 » by GSForever » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 am

Ask Glen Taylor to give Joe Lacob on how to purge the forces from a bad team. Joe built a winner in less than a yr. Trade everyone and start over
eltwentyone
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#87 » by eltwentyone » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 am

AQuintus wrote:To everyone ready to give up on Love, do you remember when this exact same thing happened to Kobe? And instead of trading him to Pluto or Atlanta like he wanted, they went out and got Pau for nothing and then they went and won 2 of the next 3 championships (and got to the Finals in the other one)?

different situation, kobe was upset of not winning games/talent,

were only what 20 games in to the season and hes complaining about respect/money, if we make the playoffs, do you think he would still stay? thats what iam worried about, hes more of fame/superstar limelight, thats what hes more focused about.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#88 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 am

AQuintus wrote:To everyone ready to give up on Love, do you remember when this exact same thing happened to Kobe? And instead of trading him to Pluto or Atlanta like he wanted, they went out and got Pau for nothing and then they went and won 2 of the next 3 championships (and got to the Finals in the other one)?

:lol: So you truly expect us to pull the same stunt?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#89 » by shrink » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 am

IShotTheMaid wrote:People need to realize that teams aren't going to absolutely gut their roster for Love. I don't actually think that Love's stats are "empty" but he clearly needs help to win (which isn't bad, but it proves the point that other teams aren't going to make a lateral move by trading their superstar for ours).

Oh, I certainly think they'll gut their roster. There is only a limited number of true superstars in the NBA, and Kevin Love is certainly one -- and a marketable, well-spoken one as well. Superstars also give you a leg up on attracting other superstars to your team.

In my opinion, the NBA turned a corner when MIA hoarded three superstars on one team, and basically told the NBA, 'Either get a set of superstars yourself, or don't bother going for a ring." Very few teams are free market destinations, so if they are going to get a superstar, they have to outbid all the other suitors.

He would bring a huge amount in trade.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,925

Post#90 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 am

Here's Britt Robson's take on the story:

Just got back in from an afternoon of errands and saw this thing with Woj about Love. Once again I'm really glad I have a "dumb phone" and didn't waste an otherwise very pleasant day on this.

The first thing that comes to mind is the timing is lousy, and reflects very badly on Love. What, you wanted to wait until right before the return of Ricky Rubio to vent? That makes a lot of sense, and certainly adds credibility to the notion that you are doing everything possible to help this ballclub point toward a playoff berth and potential championship run down the line. Or not.

The cynic in me thinks Love got played, found himself enmeshed in one of Woj's longstanding vendettas. I don't imagine Love expected the amount of vitriol Woj would ladle into the story toward Kahn and Taylor. I'm no apologist for anyone on this team, from Taylor to the ball boys, but I'm also no fan of toxic journalism exacerbating a tenuous situation that isn't going to be resolved for two years minimum anyway.

Did Kahn make a mistake not signing Love for the five years Love wanted? Yes, he did, and I told him so the first time I interviewed him after it happened. (By the way, that egregious act occurred months ago now.) It was during that interview that Kahn told me that Rubio would be getting the same offer, four years with a three-year option, that Love received, so either Kahn is lying to me--a possibility--or Woj (and Love?) are blowing an inaccurate angle out of proportion to further Love's martyrdom.

Any way you look at it, if you enjoy basketball from the Minnesota Timberwolves, the story stinks. One could look at Woj and say, "don't blame the messenger," and I'll take that position and give it up to Woj if Love is as forthrightly pissed in subsequent interviews on the topic as Woj makes him out to be in this piece. Otherwise, I'll look at the byline and make my own determination who is merely the messenger and who went out of his way to concoct the message.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#91 » by LaViggins » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:16 am

Love has to be talking out of frustration... I mean last year without Ricky, we went 5-25, we started without him went 9-9 and currently sitting in the 8th seed. Wait for the whole team to be healthy before you start bitching Kevin.

Off topic- You guys should vote for the Wolves @ Heat at NBA .com for fan night on NBA TV. Would be the first time we have been voted in.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#92 » by AQuintus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
:lol: So you truly expect us to pull the same stunt?

No. I truly expect us to keep things in perspective and not make a knee jerk trade that makes the team substantially worse.

Also, thanks for the link to the Britt Robinson article, Klomp, his take is pretty much dead on in line with mine.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#93 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 am

AQuintus wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:Ryan Anderson + Aminu is an intriguing package to build an offer around.

Again. Selling low when we absolutely do not need to. If we're trading to the Hornets, then we start with Davis and work from there.

I disagree with that. Anderson's contract is that good.

I would trade Love for Davis any day of the week, including yesterday before this story even broke.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Train
Senior
And1: 9

Post#94 » by Train » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 am

I will admit, its difficult to warm up to love, & not just simply based on this isolated incident. I don't dislike him, just indifferent i guess.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#95 » by AQuintus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:23 am

Krapinsky wrote:

I would trade Love for Davis any day of the week, including yesterday before this story even broke.

You win with stars in the NBA, not role players on good contracts. Unless Anderson's good contract allows us to bring in a legit all-star to replace Love's lost production, then that trade does nothing but make us worse.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#96 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 am

Twolves_42 wrote:
Off topic- You guys should vote for the Wolves @ Heat at NBA .com for fan night on NBA TV. Would be the first time we have been voted in.

I'd rather this game not be blacked out on my league pass boadband because of NBA TV.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,925

Post#97 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 am

AQuintus wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

You win with stars in the NBA, not role players on good contracts. Unless Anderson's good contract allows us to bring in a legit all-star to replace Love's lost production, then that trade does nothing but make us worse.

How many star for unhappy star trades do you see in this league?

The Deron trade? Nope.
The Melo trade? Nope. (They got good value, but no stars.)
The KG trade? Nope.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#98 » by AQuintus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 am

Klomp wrote:How many star for unhappy star trades do you see in this league?

The Deron trade? Nope.
The Melo trade? Nope. (They got good value, but no stars.)
The KG trade? Nope.

How many "unhappy stars" do you see get traded when they still have 2+ years left on their contracts?

Not Deron, Melo, or KG.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#99 » by Tirion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am

LOL at Minny fans turning on Love, when he only speaks the truth.

So he's smart and doesn't want to throw away his career like KG did, let's call him names.

Blame your **** owner.

Blame your horrible GM.

Call them names.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#100 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am

I just can't trust Love. I'd trade him for a good long term piece that will stay and grow with the team. Someone who would be happy to play with Rubio. Someone who os committed to the team and doesn't have the negative baggage with our FO. Someone who can defend.

I think Al Horford would be ideal. But I don't think Atlanta would want to deal with Love. I'm not even sure that Love bring more wins.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves