ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#261 » by eyeteeth » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm

PhinneasGage wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:We've pretty much rolled out the red carpet for Love here. Moved Big Al to let Love be 'the guy', went out and got a winning head coach who has ties to Love, moved all the bad blood off the team, and Kahn pretty much goes to Love about possible moves and what players to go after.

I can understand being frustrated about some of Kahn's moves/blown draft picks but at least we had a hellova off-season and are fighting for the playoffs without Rubio. Let everyone get back and have some time to gel for god sakes.

Love should keep his comments to himself and focus on improving on D and getting his jumpshot back. Franchise player should work to improve his own game (even on 21/14) and help carry the team on his back. Quit crying about how bad you have it. You just got payed the max and we went out and got some players to help. Stop being such a diva and help your team get some victories before Rubio shows you how it's done.

This. I think the guy has a legitimate gripe, but keep it to yourself, man. Look at Larry Fitzgerald. Probably the most talented athlete in any sport who's stuck in a crappy situation (a situation 10x more hopeless than the Wolves), yet does he bitch about it? No, he keeps it to himself, or at least within the orginization, because he's the leader and there are a lot of young guys at that team looking to him to see how he handles himself. You want to be a star Love? A leader? Then grow up and start acting like it.

Word.

We'll never know the details, but I think Love will probably learn something about the power his words have by the way the team chemistry changes in the locker room today. Hopefully he will learn something about his responsibilities from it.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#262 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 pm

I don't really agree that we've rolled out the red carpet for Love. Rambis tried to bury him on the bench, Kahn has downplayed his talents (specifically at the beginning), he was part of trade rumors. Love emerged despite all that and then Kahn didn't give him the 5 year deal. I think Love has legitimate reasons to feel undervalued.
Even conceding that, if your primary concern is this team, you don't create distraction.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#263 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:23 pm

I'll also point out that Jefferson was traded specifically to make room for Love. Remember how we were pursuing David Lee heavily at that same time? If we got him, Love might not even be here.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#264 » by TMo519 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 pm

If his beef is really with Taylor and Kahn, then I'm not really worried cause I'm pretty sure neither guy will even be here in the next couple years, so if he's really all in about being a part of this organization and this city, then shouldn't be an issue later on.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#265 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:43 pm

The things he said sound AWFUL in ANY possible context. You just don't say that stuff to the media, ever, in any professional sport. No excuses. And it's not just about now, it's about the well known past and the possible future. I'd like to see him traded ASAP. Sorry, that's my opinion.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#266 » by champalift » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:43 pm

After watching the post shoot around video and following all this, I can only grow in my disgust for Love's attitude. He is a brat and extremely fake.
He stands by everything he said but feels bad that it went public? What did he think was going to happen when he went on-record with Woj mid-season to complain? He did not say a single thing was exaggerated in the story, but instead stands by it all. What was his point other than to get this reaction out there?
Also, he says he wants to put this behind and not talk about it? Please... That is what happens when you go public with your complaints.

And to Funk's comment, I will be booing him at the game tonight. Not that I don't WANT him to succeed here, it is that it is pretty clear he doesn't give two cents for us fans or this team and organization. He is a egotistical joke who can rebound really well and shoot pretty damn well.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#267 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm sure if you go look back Kahn and Taylor have said plenty of positive, complimentary things about Love. Kahn has said he wants him to retire a Timberwolf. Love seems to only focus on the negative things.

And though Kahn/Taylor didn't think Love would be the star he is today, i think that goes for just about everybody in the world, aside from Love himself. He's a better offensive player than everyone thought he would be. Hard to blame Kahn/Taylor for that. Would it have been better if back in 2010 Kahn/Taylor tried to sell potential season ticket purchasers on future superstar Kevin Love? Saying we've got our franchise player, we're good there, come buy your season packages now!? I mean Love didn't REALLY turn it on until right after he signed his contract. Even from the months leading up to his signing there was a very healthy debate about whether Love was deserving of the 5 year max, with many including me, saying he wasn't deserving of it.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,934

Post#268 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:53 pm

champalift wrote:After watching the post shoot around video and following all this, I can only grow in my disgust for Love's attitude. He is a brat and extremely fake.

I actually went the opposite way. I thought it gave better context for it, and he didn't seem pleased with Woj for how things were portrayed.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#269 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm

It was fairly obvious Kahn didn't value Love much when he first got here. He spent all his time talking about a completely different type of player. Any type of compliment he gave Love felt like BS because of how Kahn had been describing the type team he wanted to build.

And Love definitely turned on before he signed the contract. He was playing out his mind at the beginning of last season.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,934

Post#270 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I'm sure if you go look back Kahn and Taylor have said plenty of positive, complimentary things about Love. Kahn has said he wants him to retire a Timberwolf. Love seems to only focus on the negative things.

Love said the same thing.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#271 » by Mattya » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Klomp wrote:
champalift wrote:After watching the post shoot around video and following all this, I can only grow in my disgust for Love's attitude. He is a brat and extremely fake.

I actually went the opposite way. I thought it gave better context for it, and he didn't seem pleased with Woj for how things were portrayed.

It didn't sway me one way or another. On one hand Love does sound displeased with what Woj wrote, but he doesn't regret what he said. He is still a d*** for what he said even if everything he said wasn't put in the article.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#272 » by Saltine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:06 pm

PhinneasGage
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#273 » by PhinneasGage » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Tirion wrote:He always writes like that.

Read his articles about LeBron.

Read his article about Stern.

Fans of every team in the league think that Woj is out to get them.

It's impossible read the article and think Woj didn't have some kind of agenda. Even if it wasn't for the smug tone he shows his bias by blatantly calling Kahn/Taylor incompetent and gleefully pointing out their every mistake. He doesn't miss one opportunity to rip on them.
Gob: The real problem is that she keeps saying that God is going to show me a sign. The... something of my ways. Wisdom?
Michael: It's probably wisdom.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#274 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
And Love definitely turned on before he signed the contract. He was playing out his mind at the beginning of last season.

Look at his splits from last year. I know for a fact that I wasn't sold until march when his offensive game really took off.

Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#275 » by Saltine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#276 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:15 pm

He was averaging around 25 and 14 through January.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#277 » by Mattya » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:18 pm

That was a good article.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#278 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1155499

thethey wrote:Great news for the future of the team in general. That fifth year could have caused some problems.

moss_is_1 wrote:Good deal. Now we can use the 5 years for Rubio when the time comes.

Fire Mchale wrote:If this report is correct, I say kudos to Kahn for not having to give up the 5th year and thank you to Kevin Love for saving some space for this team financially in the future.

Love it......

younggunsmn wrote:No one else is reporting this yet, so at the moment I'm tempering my enthusiasm. Zgoda checked and can't get confirmation from anyone (I know, it's zgoda). And it's 60.8 mil, not 62 as far as I know for 4 years.

If true this is awesome. I wouldn't mind the 5 years so much, but it's nice that we would be able to keep a 5 year rookie extension spot open for Ricky. That said, think getting Ricky to agree to an extension is going to be tougher anyway come the summer/fall of 2014, and I wouldn't mind having Love locked up for 5 years.

[RCG] wrote:Sooo glad he signed for the 4 year max (if he did!) But he dang better keep up the 25/15.

As the thread goes on and we hear of a 3 year opt out, the tide sort of turns in favor of offering the five year max, but you see there's healthy debate as to whether Love was worthy of a five year max.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#279 » by C.lupus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Mattya wrote:

That was a good article.

She's a good writer. Glad they found her.
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#280 » by Saltine » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 pm

A direct link to the video interview with Love;
http://www.startribune.com/video/183203 ... eo/1/hpmfv

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves