NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Re: Selling High on Love 

Post#61 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
He's one of the best at running the court on offense. Not the best at running back on defense.

I think you are asking too much from a 300-pounder. Plus the guy is usually all the way under the rim fighting for offensive boards.

300 pounds or not, it's just not something he is that great at it, which is probably the most important thing you can ask your center to do. But you're right, every player has his positives and negatives, and Pek's positives outweigh his negatives.

So being able to run back fast on the defensive end of the floor is the most important element of an nba center's game? I think i lost you here. I mean if Pek did take 10 seconds to get back on defense if would be a big problem and he probablly would never see floor time because of it. But it's not nearly the case so I fail to see how it should be the most important aspect of his game.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#62 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Gideon wrote:I agree that Pek's positives outweigh his negatives... I even agree that he is mobile for his size. But that "for his size" part isn't really a relevant issue. Pek's a good player, but IMO he might not be the best fit alongside Rubio/Shved/AK. Guys like Varejao and Noah who are about 230 lbs are naturally going to do some things better and some things worse than a 300-lb bruiser like Pek, but I think they would be a better fit for the sort of roster I was envisioning.

Adelman's not going to make them run&gun D'Antoni's Suns or Nelson's Warriors style. So your envisionning is not relevant.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#63 » by Krapinsky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
So being able to run back fast on the defensive end of the floor is the most important element of an nba center's game? I think i lost you here. I mean if Pek did take 10 seconds to get back on defense if would be a big problem and he probablly would never see floor time because of it. But it's not nearly the case so I fail to see how it should be the most important aspect of his game.

I tend to think getting back on defense is probably the most important thing every player needs to do, especially your big men that need to protect the paint. I'm not saying he's pathetic in any regard, i was just disputing your earlier point that you said it was one of his strengths. It's clearly not IMO.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#64 » by Esohny » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

I tend to think getting back on defense is probably the most important thing every player needs to do, especially your big men that need to protect the paint. I'm not saying he's pathetic in any regard, i was just disputing your earlier point that you said it was one of his strengths. It's clearly not IMO.

How's Pau Gasol with getting back on defense? Slowed at all by the knees? :eyebrows:
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#65 » by Krapinsky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 am

Esohny wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

How's Pau Gasol with getting back on defense? Slowed at all by the knees? :eyebrows:

TAKE IT BACK ESOHNY

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#66 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

The guy was talking about pushing the pace. Which to me is mostly done on the offensive end where you either decide to run as a team fast to the offensive end and look for quick score or chose to slow it down and get in your offensive sets. I think Pekovic is good in running with a guy like Rubio and finishing on the break. I think it is his strength. I never claimed that Pek is a master of transition defense, so I fail to see where I said it's his strength. Besides most centers in the NBA are the last among their teammates to get back on defense mainly because they bigger and slower plus they are usually the ones that are fighting for offensive rebounds thus are positioned further from their defensive end.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#67 » by Krapinsky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

The guy was talking about pushing the pace. Which to me is mostly done on the offensive end where you either decide to run as a team fast to the offensive end and look for quick score or chose to slow it down and get in your offensive sets. I think Pekovic is good in running with a guy like Rubio and finishing on the break. I think it is his strength. I never claimed that Pek is a master of transition defense, so I fail to see where I said it's his strength. Besides most centers in the NBA are the last among their teammates to get back on defense mainly because they bigger and slower plus they are usually the ones that are fighting for offensive rebounds thus are positioned further from their defensive end.

Okay, sure. I just picked your comment that said he was one of the best at running the floor in transition, that's all. I agree with the rest. I'm moving on...

walah123
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#68 » by walah123 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 am

Would you trade Kevin Love, Brandon Roy and Derrick Williams for Pau Gasol and Metta World Peace?
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#69 » by Mattya » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 am

walah123 wrote:Would you trade Kevin Love, Brandon Roy and Derrick Williams for Pau Gasol and Metta World Peace?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Derrick Williams and Greg Steimsma?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#70 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 am

Mattya wrote:
walah123 wrote:Would you trade Kevin Love, Brandon Roy and Derrick Williams for Pau Gasol and Metta World Peace?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Derrick Williams and And Greg Steimsma?

You never trade big for small - Stiemsma and Derrick are a combined 13 feet 7 inches and Dwight is only 6'10
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#71 » by They_Them_Hatin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 am

The wolves have a solid team w/o love and Rubio before Roy and budinger went down. What do you guys want if you look to trade love in the off season. Top 5 pick this year + solid vet big+ solid Sg+ extra picks for love is that selling high. Not a wizards fan but they have all of that.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 548

Post#72 » by They_Them_Hatin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 am

The wolves have a solid team w/o love and Rubio before Roy and budinger went down. What do you guys want if you look to trade love in the off season. Top 5 pick this year + solid vet big+ solid Sg+ extra picks for love is that selling high. Not a wizards fan but they have all of that.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,969

Post#73 » by shrink » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 am

I think in LA, you may have a different definition for selling high
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 909

Post#74 » by Saltine » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:34 am

I honestly wouldn't want anyone from the Lakers, except possibly Nash.

Pau has little value with his contract and knees, Metta is nuts, Dwight is nuts, Kobe is old. I hope they miss the playoffs, and nobody trades with them for years :)

That would be just ;)
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#75 » by rugbyrugger23 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:47 am

Offseason: Love+Barea for Ibaka+Lamb+Toronto Pick (#4 Overall Draft best C still on board)

C-Pek(resign)/#4
PF-Ibaka/DWill
SF-Ak47/Bud(resign)
SG-Shved/Lamb
PG-RR/Rid

Note: No chance Love gets traded just fodder.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#76 » by Murphs56 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 am

We aren't moving Love till Before the 2014 season or at the deadline. His beard is here to stay

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves