Nuggets at Wolves (7:00, FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Re: Nuggets at Wolves (7:00, FSN) 

Post#261 » by FinnTheHuman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm

southern wolf wrote:
I get the off-court hate, but lets not forget he had a 36 and 13 game against the Cavs before this one and his rebounding numbers have actually improved this season, he'll get there. Besides, we won, lets focus on some of the positives.

Yeah, well, I kind of hate that 36 and 13 performance too because it gave him courage to bitch around. xD

Bah, whatever, I guess you guys are right.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#262 » by Basti » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
southern wolf wrote:
I get the off-court hate, but lets not forget he had a 36 and 13 game against the Cavs before this one and his rebounding numbers have actually improved this season, he'll get there. Besides, we won, lets focus on some of the positives.

Yeah, well, I kind of hate that 36 and 13 performance too because it gave him courage to bitch around. xD

The interview was conducted before/after the Philadelphia game the other week.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#263 » by champalift » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Solid win. Not great letting them creep back in at the end, but I will take it!
I did take some joy in seeing Love sitting on the bench come crunch time with his piss poor performance. He did come back in for the last 40 seconds or so, but I am just glad we pulled out the win because if the team without Love gave one up, his ego would only rise.
Pek played very well I thought. I can not express how much I enjoy seeing AK in a Wolves jersey. He just does so much for us. We got a lot from a number of guys. I hope Malcolm isn't seriously injured (saw tweets about a "hyperextended knee").
Anyway, great to get another win, be above .500 heading to NO, and then have Ricky return Saturday night! ARRROOOO!
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#264 » by Foye » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:45 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Klomp wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:Couldn't watch the game. Tell me, does Love's awful game include awful D on Faried or somebody else guarded him? 26 pts, 14 rebs...

Yup, it was mostly Love

I hate him so much these days. -.-

Well, I'm not really mad at him for the interview but what I really hate about him is his unsportsmanlike behaviour on the court.

Whenever something doesn't go his way he starts to complain to the refs, doesn't play on and certainly doesn't get back on defense. Whenever he thinks he got fouled on offense he usually complains to the ref first and then you see him jogging back on defense while the rest plays 4 vs. 5.

He has got a long way to become the best PF in the NBA even if national media tell us he already is.
In fact, these days he is playing like a poor man's David Lee.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 1,994

Post#265 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 am

There's definitely a lot of irritating things about Love...honestly I wouldn't mind trading him for a player that fits better with Rubio/Pek, if we could upgrade the SG spot in the process.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#266 » by [RCG] » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 am

moss_is_1 wrote:There's definitely a lot of irritating things about Love...honestly I wouldn't mind trading him for a player that fits better with Rubio/Pek, if we could upgrade the SG spot in the process.

I agree with the sentiment. If we can get an above-average starting SG to go along with an above-average (perhaps defensive-oriented) PF replacement and perhaps a pick it would be a solid swap.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#267 » by Basti » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:12 am

[RCG] wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:There's definitely a lot of irritating things about Love...honestly I wouldn't mind trading him for a player that fits better with Rubio/Pek, if we could upgrade the SG spot in the process.

I agree with the sentiment. If we can get an above-average starting SG to go along with an above-average (perhaps defensive-oriented) PF replacement and perhaps a pick it would be a solid swap.

As much as I agree with the notion that I wouldn't mind if Love was traded there's one thing you need in this league. Superstars. Love is the closest thing we have. Although he's been playing like an above average role player offensively. But still, the point remains, we need to have some star power, or at least the potential for one. Trading Love for several above average pieces is not going to cut it, unfortunately.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,018

Post#268 » by Dewey » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 am

[RCG] wrote:

Yep - he's crossed a line and there's no doubt about it. The fact it was Woj makes it 2x worse and obvious there is bitterness in the air. I was 100% behind him previous minor antics, but I will no longer defend his character. If I'm the Wolves, I send a message.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 1,994

Post#269 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 am

Basti, I agree...however im maybe the biggest Rubio fan on the board. I think he's going to be better then Love will be...plus he's going to be even more marketbale, while playing both ends at an elite level, and he's going to attract players because of his passings. Obviously that's a huge gamble to take in todays league, and we wont trade Love right now so its really a moot point.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Post#270 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 am

Basti wrote:As much as I agree with the notion that I wouldn't mind if Love was traded there's one thing you need in this league. Superstars. Love is the closest thing we have. Although he's been playing like an above average role player offensively. But still, the point remains, we need to have some star power, or at least the potential for one. Trading Love for several above average pieces is not going to cut it, unfortunately.

Bingo.

It's easy to pile on Love for this article because of how much he's struggled individually this season. But, if he was playing like he did last year, would those who are so outraged be saying the same things?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#271 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 am

Basti wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
southern wolf wrote:

The interview was conducted before/after the Philadelphia game the other week.

Oh, ok, my bad.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#272 » by southern wolf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:16 am

Foye wrote:Whenever something doesn't go his way he starts to complain to the refs, doesn't play on and certainly doesn't get back on defense. Whenever he thinks he got fouled on offense he usually complains to the ref first and then you see him jogging back on defense while the rest plays 4 vs. 5.

I was thinking to myself while I was watching this game that one of the coaches must have said something to Love about the complaining because it seemed to me that he was biting his tongue a bit and not complaining. He's still got work to do on getting back on d, but I think that is getting better too.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#273 » by Basti » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:Basti, I agree...however im maybe the biggest Rubio fan on the board. I think he's going to be better then Love will be...plus he's going to be even more marketbale, while playing both ends at an elite level, and he's going to attract players because of his passings. Obviously that's a huge gamble to take in todays league, and we wont trade Love right now so its really a moot point.

He may become a better player overall in the long run and even if he does indeed become a better player he will most likely not be a better scoring option. What I meant by superstar was in fact a player you can count on to score for you.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#274 » by Basti » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm

southern wolf wrote:
Foye wrote:Whenever something doesn't go his way he starts to complain to the refs, doesn't play on and certainly doesn't get back on defense. Whenever he thinks he got fouled on offense he usually complains to the ref first and then you see him jogging back on defense while the rest plays 4 vs. 5.

I was thinking to myself while I was watching this game that one of the coaches must have said something to Love about the complaining because it seemed to me that he was biting his tongue a bit and not complaining. He's still got work to do on getting back on d, but I think that is getting better too.

Honestly, I thought it happened many more times than usually. He may not have actually pouted or yelled at the refs but whenever things didn't go his way offensively, and that happened a lot, he was turning to the refs (without pouting/yelling) and still giving up valuable time getting back on defense.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves