yardbarker

Minnesota Timberwolves Recent Transactions

• Apr 8, 2014 - Othyus Jeffers signed a contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
  • Apr 5, 2014 - A.J. Price, previously with the Minnesota Timberwolves, became a free agent.
  • Apr 3, 2014 - The Minnesota Timberwolves placed the contract of A.J. Price on waivers.
  • Jan 13, 2014 - The Minnesota Timberwolves recalled Shabazz Muhammad from the Iowa Energy of the D-League.
  • Jan 5, 2014 - The Minnesota Timberwolves assigned Shabazz Muhammad to the Iowa Energy of the D-League.
  • Nov 26, 2013 - Luc Mbah a Moute was acquired by the Minnesota Timberwolves from the Sacramento Kings in a trade.
  • Nov 26, 2013 - The Minnesota Timberwolves sent Derrick Williams in a trade to the Sacramento Kings.

See all Minnesota Timberwolves transactions

Brandon Roy Update

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

Post#21 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 am by Klomp

the_bruce wrote:
Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.

He's already missed 14 games, and he won't be back until at least Christmas
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 752

Post#22 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 am by C.lupus

cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

and where does that leave Shved?
C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,537
Location: The land of the ice and snow and the midnight sun where the hot springs flow

Post#23 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 am by Fire Mchale

C.lupus wrote:
cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

This. I would actually much prefer that we started Shved and gave him 30-34 minutes a night and brought Roy off the bench for 14-18 minutes a night, nothing more. This gives us a more active and healthy Shved with the starting team and we can put Roy up against bench players, hopefully lessening the impact of his limited lateral quickness and increasing his offensive effectiveness. I still think there's a role for Roy but it's the same one I had for him at the start of the year - 10-15 minutes a night.
Fire Mchale
Junior
And1: 1

Post#24 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm by Krapinsky

I think when Rubio comes back we probably will start Shved. I think we'll need a shooter next to Rubio (Lee doesn't cut it) and I think they want to build chemistry between those guys.
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 274

Post#25 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:59 pm by LordBaldric

Klomp wrote:
the_bruce wrote:
Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.

He's already missed 14 games, and he won't be back until at least Christmas

He'll claim the time missed isn't due to his previous injuries, but to a knee knock.

This guy is going to try to **** us over.
By the power of the Dark Side, free Kevin Love!
LordBaldric

Lead Assistant
And1: 130

Post#26 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm by Krapinsky

Always see the darkside in people this one does
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 274

Post#27 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm by AK47MVP

Basti wrote:Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. .

Small correction here. I do not think it is kneecaps which are causing it. Kneecap or patella itself is a bone and it is sliding in patellofemoral groove of femoral bone during flexion and extension of the knee. Problem is he lacks cartilage ( meniscus) which helps absorb shock during impact exercise like running and jumping. So it is way more likely that it is femoral condyles rubbing on tibial plateau causing pain. Still bone on bone at the end of the day.
Here is a little knee anatomy picture to understand better. Menisci are cartilaginous discs sitting between femur and tibia and providing shock absorbtion, take them out and you have bone on bone whenever you jump or run.

AK47MVP
Junior
And1: 87

Post#28 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm by Saltine

Shved is starting tonight :)
Saltine
Analyst
And1: 111

Post#29 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm by cpfsf

C.lupus wrote:

shved minutes >>> roy minutes

it's irrelevant since adelman will be starting shved at the 2, but i am more than ok with that.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 293

Post#30 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm by Shem

cpfsf wrote:shved minutes >>> roy minutes

Yes, Adelman needs to make sure Shved's minutes doesn't suffer from Roy's return. Shved has some promise while Roy... well... you know.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem

RealGM
And1: 857

Post#31 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm by Basti

AK47MVP wrote:
Basti wrote:Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. .

Small correction here. I do not think it is kneecaps which are causing it. Kneecap or patella itself is a bone and it is sliding in patellofemoral groove of femoral bone during flexion and extension of the knee. Problem is he lacks cartilage ( meniscus) which helps absorb shock during impact exercise like running and jumping. So it is way more likely that it is femoral condyles rubbing on tibial plateau causing pain. Still bone on bone at the end of the day.
Here is a little knee anatomy picture to understand better. Menisci are cartilaginous discs sitting between femur and tibia and providing shock absorbtion, take them out and you have bone on bone whenever you jump or run.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't entirely sure about it but that's what I remembered an orthopedist told me when I went to him because of similar issues.
Thanks to my man Loopers for the great signature
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 1,074

Post#32 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 am by Nitroglycerin

Roy brought the injury bug in Minnesota like the one that screwed up the Blazers.
Nitroglycerin
Senior
And1: 44

Post#33 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:12 pm by Klomp

Kahn touch this wrote:Roy brought the injury bug in Minnesota like the one that screwed up the Blazers.

We already had the sophomore curse years before Roy got here
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 752

Post#34 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:01 pm by eyeteeth

So Brandon Roy practiced with the team today. The noise is clear that he plans on playing. This is totally nuts to me.

Of course, we really do need 10 minutes a game from any decent player, but I'd put the over/under for number of games he plays before going out again at about 20, maybe 18. It blows my mind what he's willing to go through to play just a few more minutes of NBA ball.
eyeteeth
Sixth Man
And1: 48

Post#35 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 pm by southern wolf

Yeah, you can't help but think he is going to regret coming out of retirement when he's older. How are his knees going to feel when he's 50?
southern wolf

Head Coach
And1: 409

Post#36 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:00 am by Calinks

Anyone know why he is never with the team on the bench?

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
RealGM
And1: 755

Post#37 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 am by Worm Guts

southern wolf wrote:Yeah, you can't help but think he is going to regret coming out of retirement when he's older. How are his knees going to feel when he's 50?

I don't know, how do replacement knees feel?
Worm Guts

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 235

Post#38 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:20 am by Calinks

When he's 50 medical science will have him feeling great.

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
RealGM
And1: 755

Post#39 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:37 am by GopherIt!

C.lupus wrote:Is it wrong that I read the thread title and immediately hoped it was news of his retirement?

Confucius say that was a "knee jerk reaction."
This is the greatest signature of all time.
GopherIt!

Assistant Coach
And1: 41

Post#40 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 am by Murphs56

He can't possibly start with Shved playing the way he's playing.
Murphs56
Rookie
And1: 89

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves