yardbarker

Brandon Roy Update

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

Post#21 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 am by Klomp

the_bruce wrote:
Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.

He's already missed 14 games, and he won't be back until at least Christmas
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp


Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
User avatar
Posts: 34,776
And1: 1,335
Joined: Jul 8, 2005
Top

Post#22 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 am by C.lupus

cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

and where does that leave Shved?
Image
C.lupus


Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 24,221
And1: 3,512
Joined: Nov 2, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Top

Post#23 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 am by Fire Mchale

C.lupus wrote:
cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

and where does that leave Shved?


This. I would actually much prefer that we started Shved and gave him 30-34 minutes a night and brought Roy off the bench for 14-18 minutes a night, nothing more. This gives us a more active and healthy Shved with the starting team and we can put Roy up against bench players, hopefully lessening the impact of his limited lateral quickness and increasing his offensive effectiveness. I still think there's a role for Roy but it's the same one I had for him at the start of the year - 10-15 minutes a night.
Fire Mchale
Junior
Posts: 404
And1: 8
Joined: Aug 2, 2010
Top

Post#24 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm by Krapinsky

I think when Rubio comes back we probably will start Shved. I think we'll need a shooter next to Rubio (Lee doesn't cut it) and I think they want to build chemistry between those guys.
Image
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 18,151
And1: 640
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Top

Post#25 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:59 pm by LordBaldric

Klomp wrote:
the_bruce wrote:
Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.

He's already missed 14 games, and he won't be back until at least Christmas


He'll claim the time missed isn't due to his previous injuries, but to a knee knock.

This guy is going to try to **** us over.
By the power of the Dark Side, free Kevin Love!
LordBaldric


Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,200
And1: 242
Joined: Jul 14, 2006
Location: Hair Force One
Top

Post#26 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm by Krapinsky

Always see the darkside in people this one does
Image
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 18,151
And1: 640
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Top

Post#27 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm by AK47MVP

Basti wrote:Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. .


Small correction here. I do not think it is kneecaps which are causing it. Kneecap or patella itself is a bone and it is sliding in patellofemoral groove of femoral bone during flexion and extension of the knee. Problem is he lacks cartilage ( meniscus) which helps absorb shock during impact exercise like running and jumping. So it is way more likely that it is femoral condyles rubbing on tibial plateau causing pain. Still bone on bone at the end of the day.
Here is a little knee anatomy picture to understand better. Menisci are cartilaginous discs sitting between femur and tibia and providing shock absorbtion, take them out and you have bone on bone whenever you jump or run.

Image
AK47MVP
Senior
Posts: 532
And1: 94
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
Top

Post#28 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm by Saltine

Shved is starting tonight :)
Saltine



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,740
And1: 259
Joined: Jul 20, 2003
Location: Land o' Lakes
Top

Post#29 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm by cpfsf

C.lupus wrote:
cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

and where does that leave Shved?

shved minutes >>> roy minutes

it's irrelevant since adelman will be starting shved at the 2, but i am more than ok with that.
Image
cpfsf
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,985
And1: 362
Joined: Apr 9, 2008
Location: your mom
Top

Post#30 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm by Shem

cpfsf wrote:shved minutes >>> roy minutes

Yes, Adelman needs to make sure Shved's minutes doesn't suffer from Roy's return. Shved has some promise while Roy... well... you know.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,594
And1: 1,165
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
Top

Post#31 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm by Basti

AK47MVP wrote:
Basti wrote:Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. .


Small correction here. I do not think it is kneecaps which are causing it. Kneecap or patella itself is a bone and it is sliding in patellofemoral groove of femoral bone during flexion and extension of the knee. Problem is he lacks cartilage ( meniscus) which helps absorb shock during impact exercise like running and jumping. So it is way more likely that it is femoral condyles rubbing on tibial plateau causing pain. Still bone on bone at the end of the day.
Here is a little knee anatomy picture to understand better. Menisci are cartilaginous discs sitting between femur and tibia and providing shock absorbtion, take them out and you have bone on bone whenever you jump or run.

Image


Thanks for the input. I wasn't entirely sure about it but that's what I remembered an orthopedist told me when I went to him because of similar issues.
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,228
And1: 1,375
Joined: Sep 7, 2005
Location: Æ har en ståkukk!
Top

Post#32 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 am by Nitroglycerin

Roy brought the injury bug in Minnesota like the one that screwed up the Blazers.
Minnesota Timberwolves Offseason 2014

-get a starter SG to bring Kmart off the bench
-get rid of Barea
-fix the wing logjam
-get a backup PF and PG
Nitroglycerin

Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 945
And1: 146
Joined: Dec 15, 2012
Location: Philippines
Top

Post#33 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:12 pm by Klomp

Kahn touch this wrote:Roy brought the injury bug in Minnesota like the one that screwed up the Blazers.

We already had the sophomore curse years before Roy got here
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp


Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
User avatar
Posts: 34,776
And1: 1,335
Joined: Jul 8, 2005
Top

Post#34 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:01 pm by eyeteeth

So Brandon Roy practiced with the team today. The noise is clear that he plans on playing. This is totally nuts to me.

Of course, we really do need 10 minutes a game from any decent player, but I'd put the over/under for number of games he plays before going out again at about 20, maybe 18. It blows my mind what he's willing to go through to play just a few more minutes of NBA ball.
Image
@eatyerbroccoli
eyeteeth
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,919
And1: 60
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: St. Paul
Top

Post#35 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 pm by southern wolf

Yeah, you can't help but think he is going to regret coming out of retirement when he's older. How are his knees going to feel when he's 50?
southern wolf



Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,558
And1: 512
Joined: Aug 2, 2008
Location: Australia
Top

Post#36 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:00 am by Calinks

Anyone know why he is never with the team on the bench?
Image

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 26,167
And1: 940
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
Top

Post#37 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 am by Worm Guts

southern wolf wrote:Yeah, you can't help but think he is going to regret coming out of retirement when he's older. How are his knees going to feel when he's 50?


I don't know, how do replacement knees feel?
Worm Guts



Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,960
And1: 479
Joined: Dec 26, 2003
Top

Post#38 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:20 am by Calinks

When he's 50 medical science will have him feeling great.
Image

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 26,167
And1: 940
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
Top

Post#39 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:37 am by GopherIt!

C.lupus wrote:Is it wrong that I read the thread title and immediately hoped it was news of his retirement?



Confucius say that was a "knee jerk reaction."
GopherIt!

Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,878
And1: 78
Joined: Oct 19, 2007
Location: Location: Location
Top

Post#40 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 am by Murphs56

He can't possibly start with Shved playing the way he's playing.
Murphs56
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,248
And1: 114
Joined: Nov 13, 2012
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AQuintus, C-Dub47, Chance1117, criteriado, Crowax, DK-All Day, Dual, Esohny, Gunny, Howard Cosell, InfraRen, jbk1234, Jukeness, mab2039, Madst, Magoose, mercgold3, SanesTrebol, scd2, shawn unkempt, slinky, the_bruce, Torben, TunaFish, Twolf16, Twolves_42, wildvikeswolves, wolves_89, Worm Guts, zauchary