yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Brandon Roy Update

Moderators: Klomp, C.lupus, Basti

Post#16 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 pm by Mattya

moss_is_1 wrote:Eh, if he can play like he did at the beginning of the year, but make some shots then that's fine. He was at least a good presence on the floor and a nice passer.


Agreed. Hit a better percentage from the perimeter and keep up the assists. That player would be well worth the money, especially as an expiring contract.
Mattya


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,910
And1: 918
Joined: Aug 8, 2008
Top

Post#17 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm by Adenusi

Basti wrote:
Adenusi wrote:Why doesn't he just wear protective casts around his knees so he doesn't reinjure them the next time he bangs knees with someone?


Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. The only thing he could use as some sort of protection would be stabilizing pads/bandages that keep the caps in place and give them some stability. At least they've helped me greatly. But then again, my knees fortunately do not even remotely have to withstand the same stress as Roy's have. I also hope my knees aren't even close to level III Arthritis.

Wow, this is getting past the game of basketball. Dude needs to call it quits.
Image
Adenusi
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,147
And1: 249
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
Location: MN
Top

Post#18 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 pm by Adenusi

TMo519 wrote:
Adenusi wrote:Why doesn't he just wear protective casts around his knees so he doesn't reinjure them the next time he bangs knees with someone?


He was sporting pads in the first few games, but I suppose the damage was already done.

Didn't know, thanks. Hope he proves everyone wrong but i'm still concerned.
Image
Adenusi
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,147
And1: 249
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
Location: MN
Top

Post#19 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:25 am by cpfsf

start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.
Image
cpfsf
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,070
And1: 459
Joined: Apr 9, 2008
Location: your mom
Top

Post#20 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 am by the_bruce

cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.


This.

Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.
the_bruce
Analyst
Posts: 3,345
And1: 15
Joined: Jun 1, 2007
Top

Post#21 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:39 am by Klomp

the_bruce wrote:
Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.

He's already missed 14 games, and he won't be back until at least Christmas
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp


Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
User avatar
Posts: 36,409
And1: 2,200
Joined: Jul 8, 2005
Top

Post#22 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 pm by C.lupus

cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

and where does that leave Shved?
Image
C.lupus


Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
User avatar
Posts: 25,253
And1: 4,412
Joined: Nov 2, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Top

Post#23 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm by Fire Mchale

C.lupus wrote:
cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

and where does that leave Shved?


This. I would actually much prefer that we started Shved and gave him 30-34 minutes a night and brought Roy off the bench for 14-18 minutes a night, nothing more. This gives us a more active and healthy Shved with the starting team and we can put Roy up against bench players, hopefully lessening the impact of his limited lateral quickness and increasing his offensive effectiveness. I still think there's a role for Roy but it's the same one I had for him at the start of the year - 10-15 minutes a night.
Fire Mchale
Junior
Posts: 407
And1: 8
Joined: Aug 2, 2010
Top

Post#24 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 pm by Krapinsky

I think when Rubio comes back we probably will start Shved. I think we'll need a shooter next to Rubio (Lee doesn't cut it) and I think they want to build chemistry between those guys.
Image
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 18,381
And1: 760
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Top

Post#25 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:59 pm by LordBaldric

Klomp wrote:
the_bruce wrote:
Also looks like he will easily fall under his 66 games and 1400 minute mark that will make his contract guaranteed.

He's already missed 14 games, and he won't be back until at least Christmas


He'll claim the time missed isn't due to his previous injuries, but to a knee knock.

This guy is going to try to **** us over.
You don't know the power of the Dark Side!
LordBaldric



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,458
And1: 378
Joined: Jul 14, 2006
Location: Too Hot Too Humid
Top

Post#26 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 pm by Krapinsky

Always see the darkside in people this one does
Image
Sig by C.lupus
Krapinsky
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 18,381
And1: 760
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Top

Post#27 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm by AK47MVP

Basti wrote:Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. .


Small correction here. I do not think it is kneecaps which are causing it. Kneecap or patella itself is a bone and it is sliding in patellofemoral groove of femoral bone during flexion and extension of the knee. Problem is he lacks cartilage ( meniscus) which helps absorb shock during impact exercise like running and jumping. So it is way more likely that it is femoral condyles rubbing on tibial plateau causing pain. Still bone on bone at the end of the day.
Here is a little knee anatomy picture to understand better. Menisci are cartilaginous discs sitting between femur and tibia and providing shock absorbtion, take them out and you have bone on bone whenever you jump or run.

Image
AK47MVP
Senior
Posts: 723
And1: 193
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
Top

Post#28 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:02 pm by Saltine

Shved is starting tonight :)
Saltine





Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,110
And1: 431
Joined: Jul 20, 2003
Location: Land o' Lakes
Top

Post#29 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 pm by cpfsf

C.lupus wrote:
cpfsf wrote:start ridnour at 2. roy can come off the bench and create looks for the backcourt bench guys. we can do this until his next knee injury occurs. don't think we'll have to wait too long for that.

and where does that leave Shved?

shved minutes >>> roy minutes

it's irrelevant since adelman will be starting shved at the 2, but i am more than ok with that.
Image
cpfsf
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,070
And1: 459
Joined: Apr 9, 2008
Location: your mom
Top

Post#30 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:09 pm by Shem

cpfsf wrote:shved minutes >>> roy minutes

Yes, Adelman needs to make sure Shved's minutes doesn't suffer from Roy's return. Shved has some promise while Roy... well... you know.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,096
And1: 1,331
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
Top

Post#31 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 pm by Basti

AK47MVP wrote:
Basti wrote:Wearing casts has no effects on your knees if you have Arthritis. His knees are lacking cartilage which in turn causes the kneecaps to grind on the bones causing tons of pain. .


Small correction here. I do not think it is kneecaps which are causing it. Kneecap or patella itself is a bone and it is sliding in patellofemoral groove of femoral bone during flexion and extension of the knee. Problem is he lacks cartilage ( meniscus) which helps absorb shock during impact exercise like running and jumping. So it is way more likely that it is femoral condyles rubbing on tibial plateau causing pain. Still bone on bone at the end of the day.
Here is a little knee anatomy picture to understand better. Menisci are cartilaginous discs sitting between femur and tibia and providing shock absorbtion, take them out and you have bone on bone whenever you jump or run.

Image


Thanks for the input. I wasn't entirely sure about it but that's what I remembered an orthopedist told me when I went to him because of similar issues.
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 34,634
And1: 1,557
Joined: Sep 7, 2005
Location: Æ har en ståkukk!
Top

Post#32 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:51 am by Nitroglycerin

Roy brought the injury bug in Minnesota like the one that screwed up the Blazers.
Image
GET MIKE MALONE
Nitroglycerin

Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,624
And1: 335
Joined: Dec 15, 2012
Location: Philippines
Top

Post#33 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:12 pm by Klomp

Kahn touch this wrote:Roy brought the injury bug in Minnesota like the one that screwed up the Blazers.

We already had the sophomore curse years before Roy got here
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp


Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
User avatar
Posts: 36,409
And1: 2,200
Joined: Jul 8, 2005
Top

Post#34 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:01 pm by eyeteeth

So Brandon Roy practiced with the team today. The noise is clear that he plans on playing. This is totally nuts to me.

Of course, we really do need 10 minutes a game from any decent player, but I'd put the over/under for number of games he plays before going out again at about 20, maybe 18. It blows my mind what he's willing to go through to play just a few more minutes of NBA ball.
Image
@eatyerbroccoli
eyeteeth
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,969
And1: 84
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: St. Paul
Top

Post#35 Re: Brandon Roy Update
Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 pm by southern wolf

Yeah, you can't help but think he is going to regret coming out of retirement when he's older. How are his knees going to feel when he's 50?
southern wolf



Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,317
And1: 818
Joined: Aug 2, 2008
Location: Gettin Wiggy with it
Top

Next

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Feilong, shawn unkempt