yardbarker

Redick Rumor

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

Post#31 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:28 pm by FinnTheHuman

The situation is pretty simple. We need Shved on our team, losing him in Afflalo trade would mean we basically did nothing. We need one more SG on the team because we lost Lee, Roy and Howard and we have one spare PF and one spare PG, so we want to give DWill + Ridnour/Barea for that SG, nothing else.

The only way Orlando could get Shved is if they gave both Redick and Afflalo in return, and that is impossible. :D
FinnTheHuman
Rookie
User avatar
Posts: 1,039
And1: 167
Joined: Nov 21, 2012
Top

Post#32 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:25 pm by Zmill

FinnTheHuman wrote:The situation is pretty simple. We need Shved on our team, losing him in Afflalo trade would mean we basically did nothing. We need one more SG on the team because we lost Lee, Roy and Howard and we have one spare PF and one spare PG, so we want to give DWill + Ridnour/Barea for that SG, nothing else.

The only way Orlando could get Shved is if they gave both Redick and Afflalo in return, and that is impossible. :D


Magic are hardly in need of of a forward either (particularly one who plays better as a PF). Probably why the rumor stated that the Magic did not think D-Will was enough for JJ.
Zmill




Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,813
And1: 262
Joined: Jul 17, 2009
Top

Post#33 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:37 pm by tranjSAIC

shrink wrote:Williams should be added to something in an Afflalo trade, since he has some years on his deal - not for Redick.

Most Magic fan's would rather you guys take Afflalo than Redick, he is a fan fav here. Might even be the most popular Magic player at the moment.
[quote:e2992abb8f="Low-Ki"]I just don't understand how Orlando fans can even think they are obviously better then the Raps or Charlotte.[/quote]
tranjSAIC
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,006
And1: 295
Joined: Nov 18, 2004
Location: orlando
Top

Post#34 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:42 pm by tranjSAIC

theGreatRC wrote:No way we add Shved for Afflalo. Yes Afflalo may be better, but we are lacking shooting guards and Alexey is pretty much our only healthy one.

Would a JJ & Afflalo deal for Shved and WIlliams work for you guys?
[quote:e2992abb8f="Low-Ki"]I just don't understand how Orlando fans can even think they are obviously better then the Raps or Charlotte.[/quote]
tranjSAIC
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,006
And1: 295
Joined: Nov 18, 2004
Location: orlando
Top

Post#35 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:52 pm by Dual

Shved is untouchable :)
Image
Dual

Senior
User avatar
Posts: 522
And1: 14
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Top

Post#36 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:52 pm by Adenusi

It's clear Williams has no place here in Minnesota. Can't even get a good player for player deal with him anymore.
Adenusi
Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 925
And1: 62
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
Location: MN
Top

Post#37 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:57 pm by shrink

tranjSAIC wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:No way we add Shved for Afflalo. Yes Afflalo may be better, but we are lacking shooting guards and Alexey is pretty much our only healthy one.

Would a JJ & Afflalo deal for Shved and WIlliams work for you guys?

I don't think it's a totally unfair offer, but I don't think the team will move Shved.

Besides his clutch play and the way Adelman already trusts him, his $3.2 mil salary for three years makes it possible for the team to spend money on other areas of need.
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 33,882
And1: 183
Joined: Sep 25, 2005
Top

Post#38 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:45 pm by Dewey

Adenusi wrote:It's clear Williams has no place here in Minnesota. Can't even get a good player for player deal with him anymore.


This is rediculous wasting him for 10 minutes/gm ...
Dewey
Analyst
Posts: 3,051
And1: 30
Joined: May 21, 2001
Top

Post#39 Re: Redick Rumor
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:39 am by Skin

Redick for Minnestoa 2013 2nd round pick and 2014 1st round pick?
Image
- Draft Exum
Skin

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,307
And1: 257
Joined: Jul 3, 2009
Top

Post#40 Re: Redick Rumor
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 am by shrink

Skin wrote:Redick for Minnesota 2013 2nd round pick and 2014 1st round pick?


Our pick situation is confusing, but basically, if neither MIN nor MEM make the play-offs, we'll still owe PHX a pick next year. If we traded a future pick, there would have to be a clause in there that if the PHX obligation wasn't paid off, it would have to be two years after PHX. We could trade the rights to the 2013 pick (trading the 2012 doesn't matter) with those same conditions.

As for value, I would not trade an unprotected 1st for expiring JJ Redick. Best I would do is Top 12 protected. Last year, we gave a #16 for Buddinger for one year and his rights, and while JJ is better, Buddinger was sitting on a $885,120 contract that helped us meet some very stringent needs for cap space. Redick is sitting on $6.2, and we don't know how much we would need to match offers next year.
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 33,882
And1: 183
Joined: Sep 25, 2005
Top

Post#41 Re: Redick Rumor
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 pm by Skin

shrink wrote:
Skin wrote:Redick for Minnesota 2013 2nd round pick and 2014 1st round pick?


Our pick situation is confusing, but basically, if neither MIN nor MEM make the play-offs, we'll still owe PHX a pick next year. If we traded a future pick, there would have to be a clause in there that if the PHX obligation wasn't paid off, it would have to be two years after PHX. We could trade the rights to the 2013 pick (trading the 2012 doesn't matter) with those same conditions.

As for value, I would not trade an unprotected 1st for expiring JJ Redick. Best I would do is Top 12 protected. Last year, we gave a #16 for Buddinger for one year and his rights, and while JJ is better, Buddinger was sitting on a $885,120 contract that helped us meet some very stringent needs for cap space. Redick is sitting on $6.2, and we don't know how much we would need to match offers next year.

If neither MIN or MEM make the playoffs, then you will put off on giving PHX a pick in 2013. Since both picks are lottery proected, you would keep your pick and MEM would keep theirs. Actually, there is a slim chance that you would miss the playoffs and still have to give your pick to PHX. That's if you finish 9th seed and just barely miss it and you ended up with the 14th pick after the lottery concluded. Since your pick to PHX is only Top 13 protected. MEM's pick is Top 14 protected, so if they miss the playoffs, their pick is definitely theirs to keep.

Realistically though, there is no way I see MEM missing the playoffs. They are just too good this year. They will end up giving you thier pick and if it's lower than yours this year (likely) and you will end up giving it to PHX. Debt paid and you'll end up keeping your own 1st rounder in 2013. I see you guys making the playoffs btw. IF you don't, Love will be upset and could cause more tension. I think you guys are in win now mode.

Your 2014 1st rounder should 99.9% chance be your own. What I did notice though is that you guys don't own your 2013 2nd rounder. You owe it to Portland. But you will receive a 2nd rounder from OKC and Brooklyn in 2013.

I still would trade Redick for your 2014 1st rounder (Top 10 protection) and the Brooklyn 2013 2nd rounder. Plus, we'd take on a bad contract like Roy or Ridnour...and Cunningham or Steisma to make salaries work. Thoughts?
Image
- Draft Exum
Skin

Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,307
And1: 257
Joined: Jul 3, 2009
Top

Post#42 Re: Redick Rumor
Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:59 pm by Klomp

Sources say the Wolves are big fans of Orlando's J.J. Redick.

An unrestricted free agent this summer, the indication is he's going somewhere. The Wolves are the worst 3-point shooting team in the NBA, so Redick is an obvious fit.

It'd take forward Derrick Williams, plus a future first-round pick just to get into the discussion. There will be plenty of teams after Redick.

The best bet is that Kahn does something, but it may not be until the week, or even the day of the deadline.


http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_ ... ades010313
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp


Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
User avatar
Posts: 33,258
And1: 749
Joined: Jul 8, 2005
Top

Post#43 Re: Redick Rumor
Thu Jan 3, 2013 10:38 pm by [RCG]

I can't see us trading Williams and a first for Redick. We need to stop throwing away 1sts. We are going to need them eventually.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,047
And1: 133
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul
Top

Post#44 Re: Redick Rumor
Thu Jan 3, 2013 10:48 pm by [RCG]

I'd rather do a simple swap of:

MN: Morrow
CLE: Ridnour
ATL: Miami 1st

Morrow gives us a SG excellent from long-range. As a bonus we clear Ridnour's salary for next year.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,047
And1: 133
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul
Top

Post#45 Re: Redick Rumor
Thu Jan 3, 2013 11:26 pm by the_bruce

There is no way JJ reddick is worth any sort of first. At best he's a productive expiring rental for 1/2 a season. If a team does give a first it's a partial salary dump where orl eats a year of salary. I can't think of an instance where a player that expires was traded for a first and a salary dump wasn't part of the trade
the_bruce
Analyst
Posts: 3,317
And1: 6
Joined: Jun 1, 2007
Top

Post#46 Re: Redick Rumor
Thu Jan 3, 2013 11:37 pm by The J Rocka

I guess we shall wait until FA then. Hope the Magic get scraps for him after their unrealistic demand. This is the same team that gift wrapped their franchise center to a historic franchise for pennies on the dollar and want to hustle us now? D'ohkay
Image
Sig by C.lupus
The J Rocka


Forum Mod
Forum Mod
User avatar
Posts: 12,156
And1: 677
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Top

Post#47 Re: Redick Rumor
Thu Jan 3, 2013 11:52 pm by moss_is_1

Yeah...I wouldn't even trade D-will for Redick. Let alone adding that first(just to be in the discussion? lol).

D-will has played solid the last month or so, no reason to trade him for pennies.
Morrow would be fine, he's not playing much in ATL so we could probably get him on the cheap.
moss_is_1
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,841
And1: 111
Joined: May 20, 2009
Top

Post#48 Re: Redick Rumor
Fri Jan 4, 2013 12:23 am by theGreatRC

No way I would trade D-Will for Redick, D-Weezy has been showing growth so far with his sporadic minutes.
theGreatRC

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,463
And1: 236
Joined: Oct 11, 2006
Location: California
Top

Post#49 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:36 pm by [RCG]

Go big or go home!

Love for Afflalo, Redick, Harkless, GS '13 1st.

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Redick/Shved
Afflalo/Kirilenko/Harkless
Kirilenko/Williams/Cunningham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

G'bye Love!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,047
And1: 133
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul
Top

Post#50 Re: Redick Rumor
Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:43 pm by AQuintus

[RCG] wrote:Go big or go home!

Love for Afflalo, Redick, Harkless, GS '13 1st.

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Redick/Shved
Afflalo/Kirilenko/Harkless
Kirilenko/Williams/Cunningham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

G'bye Love!


You're missing like 6 or 7 more unprotected picks coming back Minnesota's way.
Image
AQuintus


Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,029
And1: 253
Joined: Jan 10, 2008
Location: But let me speak for the weak, I mean the rookies
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users