ImageImageImage

Free Agency - Swingmen Edition

Moderators: Klomp, Basti, C.lupus

shrink
RealGM
Posts: 34,541
And1: 374
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#1 » by shrink » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 pm

With injuries to Josh Howard and Malcolm Lee, people are looking to see what free agents are out there. I would note that can't sign 10-day contracts until January 5th, 2013, but the wolves may not be able to last until then. If they don't make a trade, you may see a signing of one of these available guys, according to hoopshype:

SG: Delonte West, Michael Redd, James Anderson, Maurice Evans, Quentin Richardson, Matt Carroll, Blake Ahearn, Antonio Anderson, James Anderson, Kelenna Azubuike, Rodney Carney, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Dion Dowell, Andre Emmett, Christian Eyenga, Andrew Goudelock, Stephen Graham, Cory Higgins, Eddie House, Larry Hughes, Marko Jaric, Othyus Jeffers, Trey Johnson, Dwight Lewis, Travis Leslie, Shelvin Mack, Dwayne Mitchell, Ronald Murray, Xavier Silas, Chris Smith, Dar Tucker, Willie Warren, Kyle Weaver and Terrence Williams.

SF: Donte Green, JaJuan Johnson, Shawne Williams, Bobby Simmons, Jamario Moon, Renaldo Balkman, Da'Sean Butler, Joey Graham, Mike Harris, Lazar Hayward, Damion James, DJ Kennedy, Adam Morrison, Larry Owens, Al Thornton, Alando Tucker and Bill Walker.
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 18,493
And1: 796
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#2 » by Krapinsky » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 pm

shrink wrote:With injuries to Josh Howard and Malcolm Lee, people are looking to see what free agents are out there. I would note that can't sign 10-day contracts until January 5th, 2013, but the wolves may not be able to last until then. If they don't make a trade, you may see a signing of one of these available guys, according to hoopshype:

SG: Delonte West, Michael Redd, James Anderson, Maurice Evans, Quentin Richardson, Matt Carroll, Blake Ahearn, Antonio Anderson, James Anderson, Kelenna Azubuike, Rodney Carney, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Dion Dowell, Andre Emmett, Christian Eyenga, Andrew Goudelock, Stephen Graham, Cory Higgins, Eddie House, Larry Hughes, Marko Jaric, Othyus Jeffers, Trey Johnson, Dwight Lewis, Travis Leslie, Shelvin Mack, Dwayne Mitchell, Ronald Murray, Xavier Silas, Chris Smith, Dar Tucker, Willie Warren, Kyle Weaver and Terrence Williams.

SF: Donte Green, JaJuan Johnson, Shawne Williams, Bobby Simmons, Jamario Moon, Renaldo Balkman, Da'Sean Butler, Joey Graham, Mike Harris, Lazar Hayward, Damion James, DJ Kennedy, Adam Morrison, Larry Owens, Al Thornton, Alando Tucker and Bill Walker.


I'd go for either one of the James Anderson's.
Image
Sig by C.lupus
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 28,527
And1: 2,055
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#3 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Who's blowing up on D-League?
Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 37,594
And1: 2,728
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#4 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Calinks wrote:Who's blowing up on D-League?

“@DarrenWolfson: D-League scout on Chris Douglas-Roberts: "Best 3 in NBDL. Heck, best player." #twolves”
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
eyeteeth
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,977
And1: 87
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: St. Paul

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#5 » by eyeteeth » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 pm

I loved CDR in the NCAA tourney. As a pro..? Maybe worth a flyer. In Adelman we trust.
Image
@eatyerbroccoli
IShotTheMaid
Ballboy
Posts: 27
And1: 3
Joined: Dec 01, 2012

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#6 » by IShotTheMaid » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Best talents available are probably CDR and T-Will. Then again they seem to have a bad rep among GMs for being head-cases. But at this point the wolves are desperate.

All the more reason to go through with the Barea for Wright swap.
User avatar
Chocobanana
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,733
And1: 210
Joined: Dec 16, 2011
 

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#7 » by Chocobanana » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 am

james anderson also just got released by the spurs. he didnt look bad this year in his very limited minutes.
User avatar
LordBaldric
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,570
And1: 404
Joined: Jul 14, 2006
Location: Too Hot Too Humid
     

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#8 » by LordBaldric » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 am

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Who's blowing up on D-League?

“@DarrenWolfson: D-League scout on Chris Douglas-Roberts: "Best 3 in NBDL. Heck, best player." #twolves”


Go get him Kahn!
You don't know the power of the Dark Side!
User avatar
Murphs56
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,547
And1: 199
Joined: Nov 13, 2012

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#9 » by Murphs56 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 am

We need someone that can play back up at the 3 but also contribute at the 2 if need be. Also has to be able to guard both positions
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,072
And1: 806
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#10 » by theGreatRC » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:52 am

Delonte West, he actually has game, but he's bat **** crazy.
Wolves fan that wants Kevin Love to win a ring and Wiggins winning ROY

NBA 2K15 episodes on my channel if that's your thing!
https://www.youtube.com/kubzscouts
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 28,527
And1: 2,055
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#11 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:03 am

LordBaldric wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Who's blowing up on D-League?

“@DarrenWolfson: D-League scout on Chris Douglas-Roberts: "Best 3 in NBDL. Heck, best player." #twolves”


Go get him Kahn!

Forgot about CDR! Max his ass!
Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 27,079
And1: 2,372
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#12 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:10 am

is CDR a McCants-like headache to teams or what? he was reasonably solid in his NBA years I thought and now he's destroying the D League, but nobody gives him a call?
Image
the_bruce
Analyst
Posts: 3,363
And1: 17
Joined: Jun 01, 2007

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#13 » by the_bruce » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:32 am

Cdr
User avatar
eyeteeth
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,977
And1: 87
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: St. Paul

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#14 » by eyeteeth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:40 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:is CDR a McCants-like headache to teams or what? he was reasonably solid in his NBA years I thought and now he's destroying the D League, but nobody gives him a call?


Age PER TS% eFG%
22 12.2 0.531 0.469
23 11.5 0.512 0.457
24 11.5 0.517 0.456

He was never great, and then didn't improve at all. Mostly a disappointment. That he's blowing up the D league suggests it might have been that he can't handle NBA defenses. On the other hand, maybe he'd benefit from Adelman's coaching? He certainly didn't have great mentors in NJ or Milwaukee.

Who knows... Like I said, maybe worth a shot.
Image
@eatyerbroccoli
Swish4
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,382
And1: 212
Joined: Oct 21, 2010

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#15 » by Swish4 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:05 am

I'd take Douglas-Roberts I guess. Looks like he's shooting the ball well and has a pretty good handle for a taller guard. Not sure about his defense but he seems athletic enough to defend at least adequately.
Truth is more than just a point of view.
Fire Mchale
Junior
Posts: 407
And1: 8
Joined: Aug 03, 2010

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#16 » by Fire Mchale » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 am

I would go with James Anderson and I kind of liked the potential of Andrew Goudelock. Haven't seen a second of either of them play this year, but both are at least younger guys with some potential upside.....
User avatar
AQuintus
General Manager
Posts: 9,451
And1: 2,075
Joined: Jan 10, 2008
Location: But let me speak for the weak, I mean the rookies
   

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#17 » by AQuintus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 am

Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski

From what I'm hearing, Michael Redd will not be the player the Wolves look to bring in to replace Josh Howard.
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 37,594
And1: 2,728
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#18 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:28 am

Fire Mchale wrote:I would go with James Anderson and I kind of liked the potential of Andrew Goudelock. Haven't seen a second of either of them play this year, but both are at least younger guys with some potential upside.....

Isn't he a PG?
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
AQuintus
General Manager
Posts: 9,451
And1: 2,075
Joined: Jan 10, 2008
Location: But let me speak for the weak, I mean the rookies
   

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#19 » by AQuintus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 am

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

Told just now the #Twolves have at least one wing player coming in tomorrow for a look. Working on who that is. Told it's NOT C-D-R.


And

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

Another #Twolves tidbit: Josh Howard's contract was not guaranteed. He'll make some $$ through insurance, but the team saves some.
Image
User avatar
Vindicater
Head Coach
Posts: 7,231
And1: 151
Joined: Apr 11, 2004

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#20 » by Vindicater » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 am

LAZAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come home baby!*



*Offer Retracted because of bad basketball player.
Kenyon Martin called out the Denver stats crew because he felt he should have been credited with more than 12 rebounds. Listed with five at half time he maintained, "I had six rebounds in the second quarter alone."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves


Users browsing this forum: mthead2121, Worm Guts