Free Agency - Swingmen Edition

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#121 » by C.lupus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Can somebody give me a primer on Gelabale? I now nothing about him.
Bittertown
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#122 » by Bittertown » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Without his injury he could have developped into a player like Batum is today.

Gelabale has solid defense, can play the passing lanes well, and is efficient against athletic players. On offense he sure can hit open J's and run on the fastbreak.

He won the MVP in the French league in 2010 (13.8pts & 4.6 rebounds).

This year he played really well in the Euroleague with Cedevita (Croatian ballclub) before signing with Valencia a few weeks ago. His stats in 10 games of Euroleague (15.0pts - 60%FG 42%3FG 92%FT - 4.9 rebds - 1.3 assists).
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#123 » by theGreatRC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Yes on Jellyball, he could be a nice backup SF, especially him further developing his game overseas
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#124 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:41 pm

I would take him. Did he lose much athleticism when he tore his ACL in the NBA? He must of been affected by it since he pretty much disappeared.
le crapaud
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#125 » by le crapaud » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes he's lost a little athleticism since then, he's been bothered by a nasty ankle injury too but he's healthy now. I think it would be the perfect fit on both parts. Gelabale is a smart player who handle the ball very well, can play both 2 & 3 positions. His game has really expanded since his first tenure in nba and he can pretty much do everything on the floor. He's very efficient at posting smaller guards, can shoot the 3, run the floor well, sneak in the lane and shoot off screen. I must say that I love his defense too, he's underrated in that department but like I said, he's really smart and his size bother guards. I think he's clearly an Adelman type player because he's team driven and very unselfish, hard worker. If he has a chance to show his skills I think you'll love him.
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Post#126 » by Peezo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Josh Childress just got waived. He isn't the shooting guard most people want but to me he is a lot like Josh Howard; a warm body who has played for a few years and would probably be happy to fill a role. I think he could be signed cheap (after he clears waivers he will be anyways). Wing player who probably has some limited athleticism yet. I wouldn't mind a flyer on him at the 3. I know Childress was never as good as Howard, but I like the idea of a veteran player coming in to play the wing for us.
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by C.lupus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks guys. Gelabale sounds intriguing. I'm down with signing him to a couple 10-dayers to see how he looks. If he sticks, this could be an interesting team next years with Bjelica potentially coming over, too. Has an NBA team ever had so many international players?
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#128 » by Esohny » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I think I've asked this before, but what in the hell happened to Childress? He used to be a very good player, but after his turn overseas, he can't shoot or get to the line anymore. What gives? I've never seen anything about injuries.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by C.lupus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Esohny wrote:I think I've asked this before, but what in the hell happened to Childress? He used to be a very good player, but after his turn overseas, he can't shoot or get to the line anymore. What gives? I've never seen anything about injuries.

Good drugs in Atlanta?
Esohny
RealGM

Post#130 » by Esohny » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:07 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Esohny wrote:I think I've asked this before, but what in the hell happened to Childress? He used to be a very good player, but after his turn overseas, he can't shoot or get to the line anymore. What gives? I've never seen anything about injuries.

Good drugs in Atlanta?

I've heard that. Just crazy enough to be true.
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#131 » by champalift » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:36 pm

From hoopshype via twitter
Jonathan Feigen: Anderson to be signed for 3 yrs. Hou deals have had 2 seasons w tm option in previous deals. Likely available tmrw. Expect Cook to be cut.

3 years for James Anderson? Thoughts on Daequan Cook?
Esohny
RealGM

Post#132 » by Esohny » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 pm

champalift wrote:From hoopshype via twitter
Jonathan Feigen: Anderson to be signed for 3 yrs. Hou deals have had 2 seasons w tm option in previous deals. Likely available tmrw. Expect Cook to be cut.

Cook can definitely shoot the 3. Can't really do anything else, but he can do that.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#133 » by southern wolf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 am

champalift wrote:From hoopshype via twitter

So we pass on Anderson after one workout and Houston gives him a 3 year deal?... Seems strange.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 am

Maybe they found out Houston was going to make an offer?
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#135 » by The J Rocka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:53 am

C.lupus wrote:Maybe they found out Houston was going to make an offer?

This would be my guess. We weren't going to top 3 years so he was automatically out of the picture unless we matched that. Kahn is looking for a cheap fill in with no long-term commitment.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#136 » by theGreatRC » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:31 am

Sign Jelly to a 20 day. Sign Cook to the vet min for the remainder of the year. Trade Luke to Boston for Lee(Lee's value is in the toilet)

Depth Chart

Rubio/Barea
Shved/Lee/Cook
AK/Gelebale/(Chase)
Love/Cunningham/Williams
Pek/Steimsma/Amundson
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#137 » by Guy986 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:10 am

The J Rocka wrote:

This would be my guess. We weren't going to top 3 years so he was automatically out of the picture unless we matched that. Kahn is looking for a cheap fill in with no long-term commitment.

3 yrs yes but two of those are going to be unguarenteed. Morey love to give 3 yrs to free agents/2nd round pick. If they work out, they're on the book cheap for 3 yrs. If they dont work out, they're cut.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#138 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:34 am

Guy986 wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:

3 yrs yes but two of those are going to be unguarenteed. Morey love to give 3 yrs to free agents/2nd round pick. If they work out, they're on the book cheap for 3 yrs. If they dont work out, they're cut.

It's still an offer that we weren't going to match.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#139 » by Swish4 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:44 am

Gelabale and Cook are guys Portland should go after. They have the thinnest bench in the league.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#140 » by The J Rocka » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:58 pm

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson

The #Twolves have not inquired about Daequan Cook as of now. His camp plans on calling Kahn/R.J. Adelman before the week is over.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves