ImageImageImage

Free Agency - Swingmen Edition

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Chocobanana
Lead Assistant
And1: 214

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#101 » by Chocobanana » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Kahn touch this wrote:What about scalabrine?

I'm pretty sure he is retired and content to stay that way. He has a good job as a commentator for the Celtics.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,584

Post#102 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Chocobanana wrote:
Kahn touch this wrote:What about scalabrine?

I'm pretty sure he is retired and content to stay that way. He has a good job as a commentator for the Celtics.

And he's a PF, not a SF
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#103 » by Swish4 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:07 am

Gelabale seems to be the exact player the Wolves could use to spot Kirilenko on the defensive end of the floor for the time being, and be a solid 10-12th man off the bench down the stretch, filling in for Budinger at the small forward position for 10-15 minutes a game when needed. He does have an NBA opt-out that must be activated between January 1st and 30th, so that seems to fit Kahn’s announced time frame for signing a player.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#104 » by shrink » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Darren Wolfson on Twitter wrote: James Anderson will work out for the Timberwolves. (12-26-2012)
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:58 am

“@JerryZgoda: Btw, the Wolves' search for a defensive-minded wing to replace Josh Howard continued today when they worked out James Anderson & Joey Graham”
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#106 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 am

James Anderson was cut by the Spurs twice. He's not saving our season. Howard was the best piece out of trash heap.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:19 pm

“@WojYahooNBA: After release from Spurs and a workout with Wolves, forward James Anderson will sign with Rio Grande of D-League, league sources tell Y!”

LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#108 » by LordBaldric » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 pm

I really can't blame our situation on our wings right now. Yes I'd be great to have Chase back or get some other dead eye shooter. However, our current wings are a HUGE upgrade over last year's. Shved has exceeded my wildest dreams and looks like a future stud. AK47 has been great in his role. Could badly use at least one other guy, but it's sooo much better than Wes/Beas (I just threw up in my mouth a bit).

The reason we are struggling so much is because our best players have all been out/struggling:

1. Love out for weeks, now playing mostly poorly with dreadful outside shooting (a huge reason or 3 pt shooting sucks right now)
2. Rubio out until recently and is playing mostly poorly. And this guy has no history of good shooting unlike Love, so who knows if his shot will turn around. Certainly his mobility will get better.
3. Pek has been inconsistent all year. Some nights in beast mode, some nights in imprisoned by Lexx Luthor with kryptonite mode.

Those 3 are 80% of why we are where we are now. Be thankful a lot of that is due to injuries and rust.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#109 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:James Anderson was cut by the Spurs twice. He's not saving our season. Howard was the best piece out of trash heap.

That's what I fear. I don't know why people were trashing Howard, I felt like he was a nice addition and another guy coming off a long layoff so we would see some improvement over the season. Really unfortunate he got injured again.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,137

Post#110 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:10 am

I miss Corey Brewer.
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#111 » by Esohny » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:18 am

ALICEinJAM wrote:I miss Corey Brewer.

I don't.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#112 » by southern wolf » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 am

I don't miss the Minnesota Brewer, but I want the Denver Brewer!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 am

southern wolf wrote:I don't miss the Minnesota Brewer, but I want the Denver Brewer!

Are they really that different? The only difference I see is that the Denver Brewer isn't asked to be the team's second-best scorer.

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#114 » by southern wolf » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:55 am

Klomp wrote:
southern wolf wrote:I don't miss the Minnesota Brewer, but I want the Denver Brewer!

Are they really that different? The only difference I see is that the Denver Brewer isn't asked to be the team's second-best scorer.

True, I guess I want the Denver 'role player' Brewer not the Minnesota 'saviour' Brewer then... Oh and throw in a bit of the Dallas 'NBA champion' Brewer, but not Florida Brewer because he was anorexic...

...I have taken this too far.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:02 am

“@DarrenWolfson: @DrewSoderquist It's a long list, so hard to nail. Whoever it is likely won't get guaranteed $. They could wait to sign to a 10-day on 1/5.”

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#116 » by The J Rocka » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:23 am

Klomp wrote:“@DarrenWolfson: @DrewSoderquist It's a long list, so hard to nail. Whoever it is likely won't get guaranteed $. They could wait to sign to a 10-day on 1/5.”

Smells like Gelabale to me.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 am

Another one bites the dust

“@DarrenWolfson: Told James Anderson is close to a deal w/ a different NBA team (not sure whom at this point). #Twolves passing after his workout on Wed.”

“@DarrenWolfson: (con.) #Twolves could sign someone now then cut him before his deal becomes guaranteed in a few days. But it appears they're waiting a bit.”

Deals become guaranteed on the 5th. Also the date we can start giving out 10-day contracts.

“@DarrenWolfson: His agent told me the entire month of January. RT @twolvesfan: @DarrenWolfson When can Gelabale get out of his contract with Valencia?”

Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 909

Post#118 » by Saltine » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 am

It's Jelly Ball, unless someone likes Josh Childress.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#119 » by champalift » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Wolfson via Twitter
DarrenWolfson: Told Gelabale is willing to come to the #Twolves for a 20-day guarantee.

I like this idea.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#120 » by shrink » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm

champalift wrote:Wolfson via Twitter
DarrenWolfson: Told Gelabale is willing to come to the #Twolves for a 20-day guarantee.

NBA teams can start giving out 10-day contracts on January 5th, so that is most likely the start date. They can give up to two contracts (fits the 20-day guarantee), after which the team must decide whether to sign him for the rest of the year or let him go.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves