ImageImageImage

Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03

Moderators: C.lupus, Klomp, Basti

User avatar
Grits n Gravy
Head Coach
Posts: 7,378
And1: 440
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Aotearoa
 

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#151 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Jan 4, 2013 12:02 pm

great win nuggets announcers were highly annoying bitching the whole game....they just said to end the game "sad thing for me.....is i don't think minnesota's very good" bitter much?....really pleased with the way dw is progressing, watched him closely all game and he's really impressing me with his rotations and all around effort...i truly can't wait to see him with ricky rather than jj. clutch play by jj and luke, there's no one on this team who i hate more and love seconds later more than jj...he can have me pulling my hair out one possession/game and loving him the next. hope klove is ok, he's been pissing us all off in the worst way lately but we need him and he will surely pull it together eventually...give him a solid amount of time off, get rid of some of the excess baggage and shot 1000 shots a day and come back for the stretch run.
Image
Zach Lavine #8
Dewey
Analyst
Posts: 3,175
And1: 71
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#152 » by Dewey » Fri Jan 4, 2013 12:49 pm

Murphs56 wrote:
Dual wrote:Love needs time to put his body and his mind ready to play. I say, give him a couple of weeks of the court to work on his conditioning.


Off the court? How can he work on his conditioning when he's not playing in games? You get into game shape by playing games. Unfortunately for him, he's suffered set back after set back and can't get into a rhythm. Rubio isn't in shape either you know


Chip - my new name for KLove

No excuse for not being in game shape - NONE. He has been loping all year and maybe if he got that big chip off his shoulder, he'd pick up his game. It's all about the willing and the able ... he is able, but unwilling (right now in most games). Yes, he's dealing with some hand injuries, but due to his self-inflicted saga, I think Chip is messed up mentally too. Bottom-line: His lack of conditioning is inexcusable.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Worm Guts
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 16,113
And1: 1,017
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#153 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:49 pm

Love hasn't had a whole lot of opportunity to get out of shape, he was playing in the Olympics all summer. I guess if he wasn't working at all when he was out with the broke hand, but ultimately it seems like Love has to work a lot harder to stay in shape than your average NBA player.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 16,113
And1: 1,017
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#154 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:51 pm

I think Love just needs to take a step back from the superstar mentality, play more like the hustle player he was a few years back until finds his shot.
User avatar
Basti
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 34,823
And1: 1,607
Joined: Sep 07, 2005
Location: Æ har en ståkukk!
 

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#155 » by Basti » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:53 pm

southern wolf wrote:JJ Barea deserves more credit tonight. He was huge in the last quarter.


:nod:

Come to think of it, I remember him being much more of a game changer than last year. Also, although I'm not totally sure about that, it feels like he has won or brought us back into much more games than he helped the other team with errand shots and turnovers.
User avatar
TMo519
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 25
Joined: Jun 10, 2008
Location: Twin Cities, MN

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#156 » by TMo519 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:58 pm

The way Love is shooting right now, of course the team plays better without him on the floor. You have a guy shooting like 30% taking like 18-20 shots a game, your offense (and in turn, leading to more broken defense off missed shots) is going to suffer. Adelman's trying to get him going, running stuff for him and all that, but at the same time we're doing that, it's costing us some flow and shots from guys who are actually playing better. There's a very delicate balance here. How much effort should he put into trying to get Love to get his game going (and possibly sacrificing some games) in the hopes that it will pay off later in the season when he and Rubio are hopefully back to playing near their peaks?

On another note, really miss Chase Budinger. I never really thought before the season I'd be saying that, but you just watch this team, and man, he would be SOOOO nice to have on the floor cause of his outside shooting ability and knowledge of the offense from the wing spot.
User avatar
teven_1
Rookie
Posts: 1,201
And1: 16
Joined: Jun 01, 2010

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#157 » by teven_1 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:01 pm

When is Chase due back?
"Look at me. I'm running like a young deer."- Andrei Kirilenko
Swish4
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,382
And1: 212
Joined: Oct 21, 2010

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#158 » by Swish4 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:13 pm

We really do miss Budinger. He's exactly what we need right now.
Truth is more than just a point of view.
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 34,541
And1: 374
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#159 » by shrink » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:43 pm

teven_1 wrote:When is Chase due back?


He hopes to return in March. Mid-March would mean about the last 20 games of the season.
User avatar
[RCG]
Head Coach
Posts: 7,047
And1: 135
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#160 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:26 pm

shrink wrote:
teven_1 wrote:When is Chase due back?


He hopes to return in March. Mid-March would mean about the last 20 games of the season.


combined with a fully-healthy Rubio and shooting-improved Love means a 20-0 finish! 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
User avatar
Adenusi
Rookie
Posts: 1,152
And1: 289
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Location: MN

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#161 » by Adenusi » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:31 pm

Rubio coming back tommorow?
Image
User avatar
Dual
Senior
Posts: 589
And1: 42
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
 

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#162 » by Dual » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:46 pm

Adenusi wrote:Rubio coming back tommorow?


Yes :wink:
Image
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 26,039
And1: 5,260
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#163 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:00 pm

[RCG] wrote:
shrink wrote:
teven_1 wrote:When is Chase due back?


He hopes to return in March. Mid-March would mean about the last 20 games of the season.


combined with a fully-healthy Rubio and shooting-improved Love means a 20-0 finish! 8-)

It will probably take him 20 games to get back in game shape. That just means 16-0 in the post season, though. 8-)
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 37,941
And1: 2,850
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#164 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 4, 2013 6:05 pm

Basti wrote:
southern wolf wrote:JJ Barea deserves more credit tonight. He was huge in the last quarter.


:nod:

Come to think of it, I remember him being much more of a game changer than last year. Also, although I'm not totally sure about that, it feels like he has won or brought us back into much more games than he helped the other team with errand shots and turnovers.

It's amazing how much better someone can play when they're healthy...
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,142
And1: 939
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#165 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 4, 2013 6:12 pm

Defensively, Love was always questionable and we've been saying he's a liability on that end of the court.

This year, he's been bad on both sides of the court, so obviously when you have someone playing like trash -- you're going to be a better team once you sweep that junk off the court.

I say we give Love some time to heal and recover; playing through inuries only increases the chances of another, as we are seeing with Love this season.

Dante and D-Will can hold down the fort for now, it feels like they are doing a much better job at time at PF since Love wants to camp out at 3 all day. Dante's mid-range is automatic and D-Will is consistently attacking the rim(His finishes still leave a lot to be a desired)

Losing Love mentally or to another injury isn't worth it in March-April when we're going to need our star the most.
Wolves fan that wants Kevin Love to win a ring and Wiggins winning ROY

NBA 2K15 episodes on my channel if that's your thing!
https://www.youtube.com/kubzscouts
kmgarnett21
Analyst
Posts: 3,418
And1: 219
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
     

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#166 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:02 pm

The comments on the Wolves' facebook page are hilarious. "Love sucks! Let's release Kevin Love! JJ Barea is way better than Love. JJ Barea needs to start over Rubio! Wolves are way better without Love. Love needs to shut up and focus on playing." blah blah blah.

He's in a slump and is having trouble battling injuries, not to mention having to battle lack of respect from the officials.
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 26,039
And1: 5,260
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#167 » by C.lupus » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:34 pm

Next game it will be "JJ sucks, he's nothing but a chucker", "trade JJ for a bag of chips", "Luke is way better than Barea", Barea couldn't run an offense if his life depended on it".
Image
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 18,504
And1: 797
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#168 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:49 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:The comments on the Wolves' facebook page are hilarious. "Love sucks! Let's release Kevin Love! JJ Barea is way better than Love. JJ Barea needs to start over Rubio! Wolves are way better without Love. Love needs to shut up and focus on playing." blah blah blah.

He's in a slump and is having trouble battling injuries, not to mention having to battle lack of respect from the officials.


You can't honestly believe that. he's got one of the highest FTA rates in the league. If anything, it's Love that doesn't respect the officials, not vice versa.
Image
Sig by C.lupus
User avatar
Mattya
General Manager
Posts: 7,726
And1: 1,180
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#169 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:54 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:The comments on the Wolves' facebook page are hilarious. "Love sucks! Let's release Kevin Love! JJ Barea is way better than Love. JJ Barea needs to start over Rubio! Wolves are way better without Love. Love needs to shut up and focus on playing." blah blah blah.

He's in a slump and is having trouble battling injuries, not to mention having to battle lack of respect from the officials.


You can't honestly believe that. he's got one of the highest FTA rates in the league. If anything, it's Love that doesn't respect the officials, not vice versa.


This, Love gets a lot of respect from the refs. He is obviously in the biggest slump of his career, and it is obviously messing with his head. What he needs to realize that he needs to put his energy into the defensive end. I could live with poor shooting if he didn't play such poor defense.
User avatar
[RCG]
Head Coach
Posts: 7,047
And1: 135
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#170 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:10 pm

C.lupus wrote:Next game it will be "JJ sucks, he's nothing but a chucker", "trade JJ for a bag of chips", "Luke is way better than Barea", Barea couldn't run an offense if his life depended on it".


They take turns sucking.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves