ImageImageImage

Blazer @ Wolves

Moderators: Klomp, Basti, C.lupus

User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,078
And1: 817
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#181 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:50 am

Still hope the Clip show goes to work on the Warriors, that's my last chance of basketball happiness tonight. I'm just satisfied that the Wolves didn't give up when they hit a 22 pt lead.
Wolves fan that wants Kevin Love to win a ring and Wiggins winning ROY

NBA 2K15 episodes on my channel if that's your thing!
https://www.youtube.com/kubzscouts
User avatar
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,126
And1: 190
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#182 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:04 am

Cunningham did a great job on Aldridge defensively: 14 pts on 7/20 shooting, zero free throws, and outrebounded him as well.

Pek was a$$raping Hickson until he pulled his groin :lol:

Too bad Batum, Matthews and their bench scrubs decided to set a record in made threes :cry:
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 37,609
And1: 2,740
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#183 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:23 am

Adenusi wrote:Enough of this babying BS. Start Rubio, salvage the season.

You mean like we did for Love?
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 16,635
And1: 1,933
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#184 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:28 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Cunningham did a great job on Aldridge defensively: 14 pts on 7/20 shooting, zero free throws, and outrebounded him as well.

Pek was a$$raping Hickson until he pulled his groin :lol:

Too bad Batum, Matthews and their bench scrubs decided to set a record in made threes :cry:


Cunningham is wildly underrated. I was a big fan of his when he was with Portland. He looks like he's put a lot of work in and seems to look like he's put a lot of weight on his frame from his days as a Blazers. Good glue guy you got there in Dante. He did a really nice job on Aldridge, this was probably his worst game on the whole road trip, but LA was clutch when it mattered.

..... a$$raping..... classy. Anyhow, yeah, Pek was dominate and pretty much manhandled the Blazers frontline. I would expect Pek to dominate Hickson though, he's got about 4 inches and 70lbs on him. No shock there.

Batum is doing what he's been doing all year. He's Mr. 3rd Quarter. Stotts offense relies a lot on the 3pt shot, so when they're hot, they can get hot quick. It was just one of those nights for Portland.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
karch34
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,052
And1: 146
Joined: Jul 05, 2001
Location: Valley of the Sun
     

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#185 » by karch34 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:38 am

Basti wrote:
[RCG] wrote:How did Derrick do tonight - the box score was very encouraging.


Still had a few stinkers but overall it was encouraging. I wouldn't bet on him to reproduce this kind of performance consistently, though.


Of course not. He was playing where he wasn't scared of being benched for any kind of turnover or mistake. Those seem to be his best games. I honestly think RA is killing this kid psychologically. Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.
User avatar
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,126
And1: 190
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#186 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:41 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Cunningham did a great job on Aldridge defensively: 14 pts on 7/20 shooting, zero free throws, and outrebounded him as well.

Pek was a$$raping Hickson until he pulled his groin :lol:

Too bad Batum, Matthews and their bench scrubs decided to set a record in made threes :cry:


Cunningham is wildly underrated. I was a big fan of his when he was with Portland. He looks like he's put a lot of work in and seems to look like he's put a lot of weight on his frame from his days as a Blazers. Good glue guy you got there in Dante. He did a really nice job on Aldridge, this was probably his worst game on the whole road trip, but LA was clutch when it mattered.

..... a$$raping..... classy. Anyhow, yeah, Pek was dominate and pretty much manhandled the Blazers frontline. I would expect Pek to dominate Hickson though, he's got about 4 inches and 70lbs on him. No shock there.

Batum is doing what he's been doing all year. He's Mr. 3rd Quarter. Stotts offense relies a lot on the 3pt shot, so when they're hot, they can get hot quick. It was just one of those nights for Portland.


If you were offered before the game to go 12 out of 24 from three, you most likely would take it. And you would have lost this game...
User avatar
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,126
And1: 190
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#187 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:43 am

karch34 wrote:
Basti wrote:
[RCG] wrote:How did Derrick do tonight - the box score was very encouraging.


Still had a few stinkers but overall it was encouraging. I wouldn't bet on him to reproduce this kind of performance consistently, though.


Of course not. He was playing where he wasn't scared of being benched for any kind of turnover or mistake. Those seem to be his best games. I honestly think RA is killing this kid psychologically. Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.


That's mindboggling and irritating.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 37,609
And1: 2,740
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#188 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:45 am

karch34 wrote: Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.

Lee HAD to play because we had no one else at SG. At SF/PF along with Williams, we also have Kirilenko and Cunningham who have both outplayed him early this year.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,078
And1: 817
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#189 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:48 am

Klomp wrote:
karch34 wrote: Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.

Lee HAD to play because we had no one else at SG. At SF/PF along with Williams, we also have Kirilenko and Cunningham who have both outplayed him early this year.


Exactly what I was going to say.
Wolves fan that wants Kevin Love to win a ring and Wiggins winning ROY

NBA 2K15 episodes on my channel if that's your thing!
https://www.youtube.com/kubzscouts
User avatar
NewWolvesOrder
Analyst
Posts: 3,126
And1: 190
Joined: Dec 20, 2008

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#190 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:52 am

Klomp wrote:
karch34 wrote: Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.

Lee HAD to play because we had no one else at SG. At SF/PF along with Williams, we also have Kirilenko and Cunningham who have both outplayed him early this year.


Minutes could be found. Dante could steal some minutes from AK at SF, Steamer could be glued to the bench when Love was back, and Love could play a few minutes less especially in the games he sucked @ss.
User avatar
AQuintus
General Manager
Posts: 9,473
And1: 2,078
Joined: Jan 10, 2008
Location: But let me speak for the weak, I mean the rookies
   

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#191 » by AQuintus » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:43 am

Basti wrote:Edit: although I guess the 2nd number is a typo on your behalf it sure feels like he actually has that kind of three point % against us.


Not a typo. Just exaggerating for effect. I have no idea what Matthews real 3pt% against the Wolves is, but I'm willing to bet it's something stupidly high.
Image
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 27,084
And1: 2,379
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#192 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:23 am

it was a nice run, but there's just wasn't enough firepower out there to finish the comeback. I still feel good about the core of the team though, just bad luck w/ injuries. I still think Love/Pek/Rubio/Shved/AK/JJ/Dante and Budinger is a team thats worth sticking with until they get healthy and see if they can do some damage and I hope they don't make any big trades yet
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 37,609
And1: 2,740
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#193 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:40 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
karch34 wrote: Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.

Lee HAD to play because we had no one else at SG. At SF/PF along with Williams, we also have Kirilenko and Cunningham who have both outplayed him early this year.


Minutes could be found. Dante could steal some minutes from AK at SF, Steamer could be glued to the bench when Love was back, and Love could play a few minutes less especially in the games he sucked @ss.

If you're having to search to find minutes for a guy, then he's really not that good. If he was that good, he'd earn more time by outplaying the other guys.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 130
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#194 » by Tirion » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:49 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:it was a nice run, but there's just wasn't enough firepower out there to finish the comeback. I still feel good about the core of the team though, just bad luck w/ injuries. I still think Love/Pek/Rubio/Shved/AK/JJ/Dante and Budinger is a team thats worth sticking with until they get healthy and see if they can do some damage and I hope they don't make any big trades yet


Not this season I'm afraid. The West is deep. Love is out at least a month. AK is going to miss time at some point. Rubio is not Adrian Petersen.

And after that? The Love contract loses a year. AK has a player option. Budinger is an URFA. Pekovic needs to get paid.

There is a significant chance we will never see what this core is fully capable of.
User avatar
Grits n Gravy
Head Coach
Posts: 7,326
And1: 431
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Aotearoa
 

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#195 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:24 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:it was a nice run, but there's just wasn't enough firepower out there to finish the comeback. I still feel good about the core of the team though, just bad luck w/ injuries. I still think Love/Pek/Rubio/Shved/AK/JJ/Dante and Budinger is a team thats worth sticking with until they get healthy and see if they can do some damage and I hope they don't make any big trades yet

i agree completely...i'm honestly not sure if we can make the playoffs this year with all this bs going on but i want to see how we can finish the season and start next season. if we're not looking like a contender by the all star break next year then love needs to be traded for the best return possible, i'm 90% sure he will opt to leave in any circumstance.
Image
Zach Lavine #8
User avatar
southern wolf
General Manager
Posts: 7,620
And1: 937
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Gettin' Wiggy with it
     

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#196 » by southern wolf » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:32 pm

They fought it out well, all things considered.

Any word on the health of Pek and Rubio? The way we're going I'll assume Pek has a broken back and Rubio has popped both his knees out.
NewWolves
Sophomore
Posts: 120
And1: 4
Joined: Dec 18, 2011

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#197 » by NewWolves » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:20 pm

Once again, to much overreacting. We would have won this game if its not for the Blazers crazy/improbable 3 point shooting las night. Portland is a good team and we almost steal the game with half of our roster. Dont discard the playoffs yet, long season still ahead.
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,078
And1: 817
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#198 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:27 pm

Now I remember why I don't go over to the Blazers forum..

A couple of them bring up points that some posters made about the Blazers and generalize us as a fan base.

I wish our team was healthy, they made a franchise-tying record in 3s and almost lost to us without 3 of our best players in the game.
Wolves fan that wants Kevin Love to win a ring and Wiggins winning ROY

NBA 2K15 episodes on my channel if that's your thing!
https://www.youtube.com/kubzscouts
Narf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,106
And1: 739
Joined: Sep 05, 2009

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#199 » by Narf » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:37 pm

They seem to be a mix of very solid and homertastically annoying fans on the Portland board. I wouldn't paint them all with one crayon, it's like another forum blaming all of you for Klomp and me.
:D
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 27,084
And1: 2,379
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#200 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:56 pm

Tirion wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:it was a nice run, but there's just wasn't enough firepower out there to finish the comeback. I still feel good about the core of the team though, just bad luck w/ injuries. I still think Love/Pek/Rubio/Shved/AK/JJ/Dante and Budinger is a team thats worth sticking with until they get healthy and see if they can do some damage and I hope they don't make any big trades yet


Not this season I'm afraid. The West is deep. Love is out at least a month. AK is going to miss time at some point. Rubio is not Adrian Petersen.

And after that? The Love contract loses a year. AK has a player option. Budinger is an URFA. Pekovic needs to get paid.

There is a significant chance we will never see what this core is fully capable of.


My plan is to see them make a smaller move to improve the bench, hang around .500 until after the all star break, make a run, get a 7th or 8th seed and face Okc who we matchup against, San Antonio who we handled last year...not that we win the series, but we can build on something and come back next year older and better. Seems worth it to stick with these guys to me. The frontcourt is fine, we just need Rubio to improve his conditioning, bring in a shooter via trade, and let Shved continue to develop.
Image

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves


Users browsing this forum: No registered users