The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Re: The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread II 

Post#81 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Apr 4, 2013 2:23 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:well seeing jonas dominant recently just pisses me off that we didn't take him, knew how good he was and stated several times that it would be a franchise damaging decision not to take him and here we are. we'd also have moe harkless(who is looking like a future nice player) as well if i had my way. f you kahn!!!!

24 and 10 in 41 minutes? Poor man's Pekovic numbers.

averaging 18.4 ppg, 9.4 boards and 2.8 blocks while shooting 62% from the field and 82% from the line over the last 5 games. with pek being a ideally a low to mid 30's minutes player as well as missing 10+ games a season would have been an ideal situation to develop him in.
cojayar
Junior
And1: 106

Post#82 » by cojayar » Fri Apr 5, 2013 1:07 pm

Klomp wrote:
C.lupus wrote:On an unrelated rant. **** this winter!!!! It's freaking mid March and it was -25 yesterday morning and we are getting dumped on yet again. 'Good old fashioned winters' can bite me.

I blame Al Gore

No joke, the cold and longer-than-normal winter in the central-north of Europe and North America is because of the global warming. The ice in the North Pole is thawing and generating cold humid weather in the north of the Earth. But the summer could go very hot and long or the opposite, be very very short. Not really the typical weather seasons anymore.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#83 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Apr 5, 2013 1:53 pm

seasons may be way more unpredictable and extreme than our parents' and lupus' heyday, but they didn't have ipads, so it all evens out
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#84 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 8, 2013 3:42 am

It continues...

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#85 » by Basti » Tue Apr 9, 2013 5:58 pm

Looks like I actually get to experience Spring at the end of the week. When I put in my request for vacation about a month ago I fully expected Spring to be around in Germany. Turns out it was about as cold as in Northern Norway, with much less snow, though.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#86 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:53 pm

ever had one of those days where there's a big blizzard coming up and your wife needs the car so you let her drop you off at work and take the car, but tell her "traffic is going to be bad so come early to pick me up" and she says "ok", but then calls you 15 minutes before it's time to leave and says "sorry i'm just leaving" and she's like 25 miles away so then you're sitting at work 2 hrs after it closes by yourself drinking your boss' blackberry brandy and posting on realgm? I'm having one of those days right now.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#87 » by cpfsf » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:53 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:ever had one of those days where there's a big blizzard coming up and your wife needs the car so you let her drop you off at work and take the car, but tell her "traffic is going to be bad so come early to pick me up" and she says "ok", but then calls you 15 minutes before it's time to leave and says "sorry i'm just leaving" and she's like 25 miles away so then you're sitting at work 2 hrs after it closes by yourself drinking your boss' blackberry brandy and posting on realgm? I'm having one of those days right now.

coworker: i'm running late. i need to get out of here.
cpfsf: oh, do you have to pick up the kids from school?
coworker: :o

does that make you feel better?

anyway, 25 miles seems too far for my liking. i never had a job that was more 2-3 miles away. it sounds trivial until you experience on of those "longest two hours of my life" moments.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#88 » by Tirion » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:30 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:ever had one of those days where there's a big blizzard coming up and your wife needs the car so you let her drop you off at work and take the car, but tell her "traffic is going to be bad so come early to pick me up" and she says "ok", but then calls you 15 minutes before it's time to leave and says "sorry i'm just leaving" and she's like 25 miles away so then you're sitting at work 2 hrs after it closes by yourself drinking your boss' blackberry brandy and posting on realgm? I'm having one of those days right now.

my work is like 6 min walk from my house, so I'm cool.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#89 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:28 pm

my house is like a 25 minute (normal) drive away, so its not that far, but she was coming from Plymouth which is way over who knows where. West I think. Towards the sunset.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#90 » by C.lupus » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:26 pm

My commute is 95 miles one way so you all can kindly stfu.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#91 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:56 pm

C.lupus wrote:My commute is 95 miles one way so you all can kindly stfu.

i thought you were a park ranger
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by C.lupus » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Park rangers drive cards, too.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by C.lupus » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:08 pm

**** phone keeps changing my words.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#94 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:09 pm

but my point is your job is strolling through the woods picking wildflowers and occasionally tipping your cap at vacationers. Thats all you do, I read the job description.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#95 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 pm

I'm gutted and I feel bad but I just can't root for this team to win any more this season, I'm sorry. I think our best bet was to trade Love and tank. At the moment we are looking at not making the playoffs but losing our pick, having nothing but the mid level to spend and having nothing of real trade value to improve the team. I'm down, I sat through and watched basically every game from the Darko era up until last season but I think all the losing and potential opportunities wasted has crushed my spirit. Would have been at least promising to start over with a top 5 and top 10 pick while shedding a contract or two. I guess we'll see if keeping Love was the right move when he becomes a free agent but I'm convinced he's gone. Thought this was appropriate to bump. Rant over.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#96 » by Takingbaconback » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:13 am

**** this ****. Why is this team always .500? Looking at last year's team and this year's team, there should be at least 5-6 game difference. It seems like no matter who Wolves bring in, they just morph into the same thing every year. Adelman really **** it up in the first half of the season... Always doing the same crap, no emotion, just sit on the bench and play scrubs like Shved while holding back guys who are energized to play. Still have hope that this team can make the playoffs but Kevin Martin better not **** it up again. Why can't we combine Pek and Dieng into one behemoth? Why can't **** Rubio be more aggressive? It doesn't matter that he doesn't score, wolves still lose when he's acting like some bitch and is clearly afraid to shoot. All he does is either dribble and pass it 85% of the time or run blindly 15% of the time for a layup. Mesus Sallah Nuddah f*ck balls just let the man go by and shoot a 10-12 footer. Whenever he steps into the post defenders just are salivating for the steal and ricky looks like a sad little punk who doesn't want to be humiliated. Just shoot that **** and bank it in or something. Also why is this team always injured as f*ck, can't we have nice things too like starting our lineup 53 games in a **** row? JJ Barea starts to actually heat up and now he tweaks his ankle, Turiaf makes a difference and he's out indefinitely. Chase Budinger is basically out for the first half of the d1ck slapping season. Adelman is old as f*ck and Flip Saunders is just like the players. Morphing into the same crappy GM that disappoints time after time again. Please get into the playoffs dammit homo sapien f*ck nut
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#97 » by southern wolf » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:48 am

I think people expected too much going into this season. Simple as that. we won 25 odd games in the lockout year then 30 odd last season with a lot of injuries. It's pretty rare to see a team go from a 30 win team to a 55 win, solid playoff team. The Thunder did it, but they are the exception.

At the moment we're on track for anywhere between 40-50 wins and that probably still won't be enough to make the playoffs. It still shows where gradually improving. The problem is every Wolves fan including myself has lost all patience because of the failed rebuilds under Kahn and the long playoff drought. We're not they're yet, but we're still on track and the wins are gradually going up year by year.

I think the start to next season is absolutely crucial. I don't think Love will be traded over the off-season so our form in the first half of the 14-15 season will determine whether or not we strongly entertain deadline deals for him because I'm sure he'll have a pretty good idea of what he's going to do by then.

So I think a 40 win season this year isn't the end of the world as long as we have a great off-season and find a few more pieces and start to look like a playoff team early enough next season to make Love strongly consider staying.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,509

Post#98 » by Worm Guts » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:**** this ****. Why is this team always .500?

We're not. We haven't been .500 in almost 10 years.

Takingbaconback wrote: Looking at last year's team and this year's team, there should be at least 5-6 game difference.

There is. We finished 20 games under .500 last season. We are currently 1 game under .500 this season.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:**** this ****. Why is this team always .500? Looking at last year's team and this year's team, there should be at least 5-6 game difference. It seems like no matter who Wolves bring in, they just morph into the same thing every year. Adelman really **** it up in the first half of the season... Always doing the same crap, no emotion, just sit on the bench and play scrubs like Shved while holding back guys who are energized to play. Still have hope that this team can make the playoffs but Kevin Martin better not **** it up again. Why can't we combine Pek and Dieng into one behemoth? Why can't **** Rubio be more aggressive? It doesn't matter that he doesn't score, wolves still lose when he's acting like some bitch and is clearly afraid to shoot. All he does is either dribble and pass it 85% of the time or run blindly 15% of the time for a layup. Mesus Sallah Nuddah f*ck balls just let the man go by and shoot a 10-12 footer. Whenever he steps into the post defenders just are salivating for the steal and ricky looks like a sad little punk who doesn't want to be humiliated. Just shoot that **** and bank it in or something. Also why is this team always injured as f*ck, can't we have nice things too like starting our lineup 53 games in a **** row? JJ Barea starts to actually heat up and now he tweaks his ankle, Turiaf makes a difference and he's out indefinitely. Chase Budinger is basically out for the first half of the d1ck slapping season. Adelman is old as f*ck and Flip Saunders is just like the players. Morphing into the same crappy GM that disappoints time after time again. Please get into the playoffs dammit homo sapien f*ck nut

Quality rant.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#100 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Glad to see the winter freeze hasn't gotten to every Wolves fan yet
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves