ImageImageImage

Varejao Rumor

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

User avatar
The J Rocka
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,244
And1: 1,553
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Minneapolis
   

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#81 » by The J Rocka » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:12 pm

shrink wrote:
RotoWorld wrote:Anderson Varejao (knee) did not return to practice Tuesday and will not play in Wednesday's game against the Hawks.

The vibes out of Cleveland on Varejao continue to be scary. What was originally called a minor knee contusion has now kept the rebounding machine out a full three weeks. Perhaps those Brazilian reports of a torn quad had some validity as coach Byron Scott reportedly sounded "pessimistic" Tuesday, saying he expects Varejao back "this year."

Plenty more of this to come.
User avatar
Niko23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,488
And1: 763
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
     

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#82 » by Niko23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:18 pm

Just heard it on local radio - AV out 6-8 weeks. You guys can take him off his list
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 25,520
And1: 4,637
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#83 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:49 pm

Yikes. Well we need a shooting guard anyway.
Image
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 34,447
And1: 344
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#84 » by shrink » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:13 pm

Niko23 wrote:Just heard it on local radio - AV out 6-8 weeks. You guys can take him off his list

appreciate the update niko
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 36,758
And1: 2,334
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
   

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#85 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:39 pm

Yup, scratch that one off the list.

Back to Pau...:lol:
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
cpfsf
General Manager
Posts: 8,094
And1: 497
Joined: Apr 09, 2008
Location: your mom

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#86 » by cpfsf » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:46 pm

Klomp wrote:Yup, scratch that one off the list.

Back to Pau...:lol:


a trade is theoretically possible, but i haven't really seen a proposal that makes any sense.
Image
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 18,443
And1: 775
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#87 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't see anyone in the NBA trading for Pau at this point. He's taken a huge nose dive.
Image
Sig by C.lupus
User avatar
Viljanen
Junior
Posts: 261
And1: 55
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
Location: Madrid

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#88 » by Viljanen » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:22 pm

I would do a Williams + Roy + Barea for Gasol.

Kirilenko? well that´s too much at this point even for me being a Gasol fan.

Pau is one of the very few superstars around the league who would come and play super professional from minute 0 even if this is not a big market. His contract is big but short enough not to be a problem.

There´s at least a 50% chance he´ll come back to shape and play 2 more years at elite level. I think that´s the biggest window this team has to be a contender next year (provided they can resign Pek). It´s a risk, but I think it´s better than not doing anything. The current core is not wining a championship. With a healthy Pau, next year...
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves de toda la vida.
User avatar
Turnover_21
Analyst
Posts: 3,063
And1: 171
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#89 » by Turnover_21 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:51 pm

Viljanen wrote:I would do a Williams + Roy + Barea for Gasol.

Kirilenko? well that´s too much at this point even for me being a Gasol fan.

Pau is one of the very few superstars around the league who would come and play super professional from minute 0 even if this is not a big market. His contract is big but short enough not to be a problem.

There´s at least a 50% chance he´ll come back to shape and play 2 more years at elite level. I think that´s the biggest window this team has to be a contender next year (provided they can resign Pek). It´s a risk, but I think it´s better than not doing anything. The current core is not wining a championship. With a healthy Pau, next year...


So who plays in the post? Pek or Gasoil? If it's Pek then Pau is stuck in the same sutuation so what's the poit if he can't play center full time? I don't believe for a second that he can lift us to contender status.
User avatar
Saltine
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,131
And1: 432
Joined: Jul 20, 2003
Location: Land o' Lakes
     

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#90 » by Saltine » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:00 pm

Pau is not a superstar, this whole line of thought is a wee bit delusional... he's an old guy with knee problems who is paid way too much cash.
User avatar
Viljanen
Junior
Posts: 261
And1: 55
Joined: Jan 21, 2012
Location: Madrid

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#91 » by Viljanen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 am

Turnover_21 wrote:So who plays in the post? Pek or Gasoil? If it's Pek then Pau is stuck in the same sutuation so what's the poit if he can't play center full time? I don't believe for a second that he can lift us to contender status.


Pau can play some PF and some as backup C. The problem with him now is that he´s going through injuries and the kind of PF he´s been told to be in Lakers. He played this summer in the Olimpics paired with Marc Gasol and the result was good. He´s played with Bynum with quite success as well. Playing PF´s minutes he can recieve the ball at Cunningham´s spots on offense and be able not only to take the jumper but also to be a complete triple threat (as much as i like Cunningham, he´s quite limited offensively).

Having Pau and Love, or Pau and Pek playing against the reserve unit of the rival´s team is a huge advantage. You can just put balls inside and watch them work and get foul calls.
(If healthy) we´d have by far the best interior game of the league, at least two more years of cheap quality players at PG and SG positions (Rubio/Shved), a great glue guy as AK and a 6th man/3 point threat like Buddinger. I´d like our chances much more than not trying anything.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves de toda la vida.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves


Users browsing this forum: longway, Pb, Torben, Turnover_21