ImageImageImage

He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN)

Moderators: C.lupus, Klomp, Worm Guts

Dewey
Analyst
Posts: 3,221
And1: 84
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#211 » by Dewey » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:46 am

Clearly Rubio has defensive prowness ... I like Rube/Shved ... would like to see Ricky get a floater.

not sure what to do with Love possibly being out a while ... I gotta think a SG would be as important as anything, but if its another patch job then no point
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
User avatar
Murphs56
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,729
And1: 225
Joined: Nov 13, 2012
       

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#212 » by Murphs56 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:04 am

Dewey wrote:Clearly Rubio has defensive prowness ... I like Rube/Shved ... would like to see Ricky get a floater.

not sure what to do with Love possibly being out a while ... I gotta think a SG would be as important as anything, but if its another patch job then no point


Dude, we got Lazar!
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,321
And1: 133
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#213 » by Tirion » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:05 am

AQuintus wrote:I was thinking earlier that it's ridiculous that Dante is still getting so much time over D-Will despite playing way worse, and then Dante goes and does that.


He wasn't playing way worse than D-Will, he just wasn't scoring as much as D-Will.

Dante >>>> The Lion.
User avatar
[RCG]
Head Coach
Posts: 7,047
And1: 135
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#214 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:12 am

Tirion wrote:
AQuintus wrote:I was thinking earlier that it's ridiculous that Dante is still getting so much time over D-Will despite playing way worse, and then Dante goes and does that.


He wasn't playing way worse than D-Will, he just wasn't scoring as much as D-Will.

Dante >>>> The Lion.


You're just hating on D.Will. I suppose you missed Cunningham's double-dribble. DC played a nice 4th besides the mental mistake but he's not ">>>>".
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,321
And1: 133
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#215 » by Tirion » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:20 am

[RCG] wrote:
Tirion wrote:
AQuintus wrote:I was thinking earlier that it's ridiculous that Dante is still getting so much time over D-Will despite playing way worse, and then Dante goes and does that.


He wasn't playing way worse than D-Will, he just wasn't scoring as much as D-Will.

Dante >>>> The Lion.


You're just hating on D.Will. I suppose you missed Cunningham's double-dribble. DC played a nice 4th besides the mental mistake but he's not ">>>>".


D-Will is a worse player than Dante.

That's why he plays less than Dante.

Not because Adelman hates him or any other weak BS.

Because CunningHAM can do anything D-Will can (hit open shots) and then he's going to rebound like a madman, block shots, steal the ball and be a giant pain in the butt for the opposition, without trying to do what he can't do and disrupting the flow of the offense.
User avatar
Jukeness
Analyst
Posts: 3,335
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
Location: West Saint Paul, MN

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#216 » by Jukeness » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:26 am

Cunningham can make threes?
User avatar
Dual
Senior
Posts: 599
And1: 45
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
 

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#217 » by Dual » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:52 am

Basti wrote:STREAK.BUSTED!

Arrrrrroooooooo!
A lot of positive things in this game.
Pek is beasting right now.
Ricky looked so much better.
Dante is clutch.
The Lion keeps playing good.

Lets make a winning streak!
Image
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 16,727
And1: 1,251
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#218 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:58 am

The lion actually has a higher PER and TS than Cunningham, although Cunningham still plays much better defense.
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 28,421
And1: 3,462
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#219 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:00 am

i know its weird to call him dwill, derrick, williams, or derrick williams, but have we really decided on The Lion?
i mean, i'll go with it, i just want to make absolutely sure first.
Image
User avatar
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,532
And1: 1,705
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
Location: Minneapolis
   

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#220 » by The J Rocka » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:09 am

Calinks wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:Need to keep Shved down to about 32 minutes per game. Need to find a SG.

Honestly, I like him best off the bench at least this season. He was huge for that second unit.

Agree on both accounts. SG & backup C are a must at the deadline. Can't burn out Shved and play Steamer or Cunningham at C when Pek is sitting. That's when teams go on runs against us I've noticed.
User avatar
Adenusi
Rookie
Posts: 1,171
And1: 299
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Location: MN

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#221 » by Adenusi » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:12 am

Jukeness wrote:Cunningham can make threes?

Something the Wolves desperately need and got tonight. Good perimeter shooting.
Image
User avatar
Calinks
RealGM
Posts: 29,161
And1: 2,308
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#222 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:52 am

We are another team when we can hit the three ball.
Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,416
And1: 1,251
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#223 » by theGreatRC » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:17 am

So what other streaks can we potentially break this year?

Lakers?
Timberwolves 2015-2016 Playoff bandwagon list:
TheGreatRC
note30
Torcher
Starter
Posts: 2,450
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 23, 2010
 

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#224 » by Torcher » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:05 am

theGreatRC wrote:So what other streaks can we potentially break this year?

Lakers?


Oh how I cannot wait for the day. What is it now, 17 games in a row?
Image
"Our only boundaries are those we create for ourselves."

~Torcher
User avatar
GopherIt!
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,823
And1: 831
Joined: Oct 20, 2007
Location: Location: Location

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#225 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:11 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:i know its weird to call him dwill, derrick, williams, or derrick williams, but have we really decided on The Lion?
i mean, i'll go with it, i just want to make absolutely sure first.


"Caged Lion" is the unofficial winner. "the Lion of La Mirada" or "The Beast of Bellflower" never really caught on.
Monday: Bazzin'
Tuesday: Bazzerrific
Wednesday: Bazzellent
Thursday: Bazznificent
Friday: Bazztastic
Weekends: Shabbazzing
User avatar
southern wolf
General Manager
Posts: 7,754
And1: 1,041
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Gettin' Wiggy with it
     

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#226 » by southern wolf » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:38 am

The last time we beat the Hawks Eddie Griffin and Rashad McCants were playing. A LONG overdue win.
User avatar
Jukeness
Analyst
Posts: 3,335
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
Location: West Saint Paul, MN

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#227 » by Jukeness » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:45 pm

And Jaric
User avatar
C.lupus
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 26,850
And1: 5,758
Joined: Nov 02, 2007
Location: Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
   

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#228 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:07 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:i know its weird to call him dwill, derrick, williams, or derrick williams, but have we really decided on The Lion?
i mean, i'll go with it, i just want to make absolutely sure first.


"Caged Lion" is the unofficial winner. "the Lion of La Mirada" or "The Beast of Bellflower" never really caught on.

I vote for Aslan
Image
User avatar
Train
Senior
Posts: 584
And1: 9
Joined: Jan 03, 2012

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#229 » by Train » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:31 pm

How about Big Kitty?
User avatar
eyeteeth
Starter
Posts: 2,014
And1: 102
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: St. Paul

Re: He's Back! (Wolves vs Hawks, 7:00 pm, FSN) 

Post#230 » by eyeteeth » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:32 pm

Got to go to the game last night. 1st one this season.

Some impressions:
-Love the AK for JJ substitution. Saw it several times and each time the team settled down and played more effective ball. Plus it usually takes us from a 3-guard to 2-guard lineup, which is probably for the best all on its own.

-Shved is really fun to watch. He is still bringing more parts of his game to the NBA. When he gets better at finishing at the rim he's going to be really fun.

-Was hoping to see some quality Shved and Rubio playing time together, and the little bit that we got provided a taste of potential greatness. Or at least really-good-ness.

-Wonderful that DWill is making his shots. He played with confidence and showed great fire, especially in the st qtr. On the other side of the ball, he played some good D and some less than good D. Probably the biggest part of his game that he'll need to work on. He really is a much better stretch 4 than a 3.
Image

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves