Adelman Update

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Adelman Update 

Post#41 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:07 am

Adelman ran practice on Monday and said he planned to be on the sideline against the Clippers on Wednesday night if all continued to progress with Mary Kay Adelman, who was being treated for an undisclosed condition. Adelman said he wanted to wait to return until he got the feeling that he would be back for good. He said his wife's condition is improving and he hopes that the worst of it is behind them.

"It's hard," Adelman said. "I've never done this. It's never happened. But there's some things that are more important than basketball or anything else. I think the team understands that. Hopefully things will settle down here now."

"Even having him in the practice, it's already a big deal," forward Andrei Kirilenko said of his coach's return. "You feel the positive emotions get back. You were feeling down but now you feel everything getting back to normal."

The intensely private Adelman has made an effort to keep Mary Kay's situation out of the public eye. Two of their sons also work for the team, with R.J. in the front office and David on the coaching staff. Both have remained at work while their father has been away.

"They're looking better," Adelman said. "We're going to take it each day as it comes."

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf ... imber.html
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#42 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman confirmed Tuesday, Jan. 29, that his wife, Mary Kay, has been dealing with seizures, a condition that forced Adelman to be away from the team for 11 games in January.

When Mary Kay became ill earlier in the month, Adelman preferred not to release details of her condition to the media, but she apparently pressured Adelman recently into giving specifics.

"My wife got a little upset with me," Adelman said. "She said, 'Why don't you just tell them what's going on'. I said to her, 'What do you want me to tell them?' "

Adelman said doctors still don't know the cause of the seizures, which forced Mary Kay to be admitted to a Twin Cities-area hospital. Adelman said Mary Kay is back at the couple's home to continue treatment, but he remains concerned about the reasons for the seizures.

"We have no clue about why it happened," Adelman said. "No one can figure it out. The good thing is that she's home. Now, it's a matter of how you manage them (seizures) and what do you do with it and how do you go forward. They have no reasons. That's the hardest part."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_224 ... is-wife-is
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#43 » by TMo519 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:20 pm

KG_Wolves wrote:10 game win streak lets goooo

This .gif is awesome :lol:
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#44 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm

TMo519 wrote:
KG_Wolves wrote:10 game win streak lets goooo

This .gif is awesome :lol:

So glad to see Kentucky beat him and limit him to 5-19 from the field.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves