yardbarker

Minnesota Timberwolves Roster Composition

Selected via Draft Acquired via Draft Rights Trade Acquired via Trade Acquired via Free Agency

Hummel, Robbie

Pekovic, Nikola

Rubio, Ricky

Dieng, Gorgui

Love, Kevin

Muhammad, Shabazz

Budinger, Chase

Cunningham, Dante

Martin, Kevin

Mbah a Moute, Luc

Barea, J.J.

Brewer, Corey

Jeffers, Othyus

Shved, Alexey

Turiaf, Ronny

See detailed Minnesota Timberwolves roster composition

Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

Post#166 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:52 pm by C.lupus

Yeah Taylor and his son in law.
C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,481
Location: The land of the ice and snow and the midnight sun where the hot springs flow

Post#167 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:53 pm by Klomp

C.lupus wrote:Yeah Taylor and his son in law.

Oh yeah, forgot about Moor
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 747

Post#168 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:18 am by Basti

Tirion wrote:
Basti wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I find it funny that I see some fans with the #firekahn posts after the game.

I'm not a kahn man myself, but firing him because this team has lost players to injury is pretty funny.

Well, I'm sure hardcore Kahn haters will say he put up a team with injury prone players.

:roll:

It doesn't matter if it is Adelman's influence or not, Kahn got it done. He has put together a team full of talented players. To ignore that fact is just being thick.

Work results.

Work results, ladies and gentelmen.

Work results.

Sorry but even you have to admit that all the injuries are far from Kahn's fault. The only big question mark of all the injured players was Roy. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. The other big injury related question mark before this current team was assembled had been Kirilenko, who has surprisingly been pretty much healthy this year. The rest of the injuries occurred on freak accidents and all that. It's hardly Kahn's fault.
Thanks to my man Loopers for the great signature
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 1,066

Post#169 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:12 am by Klomp

Wow, FSN with perfect timing. Next two games not on local TV.
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 747

Post#170 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:51 am by Tirion

Basti wrote:
Tirion wrote:
Basti wrote:
Well, I'm sure hardcore Kahn haters will say he put up a team with injury prone players.

:roll:

It doesn't matter if it is Adelman's influence or not, Kahn got it done. He has put together a team full of talented players. To ignore that fact is just being thick.

Work results.

Work results, ladies and gentelmen.

Work results.

Sorry but even you have to admit that all the injuries are far from Kahn's fault. The only big question mark of all the injured players was Roy. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. The other big injury related question mark before this current team was assembled had been Kirilenko, who has surprisingly been pretty much healthy this year. The rest of the injuries occurred on freak accidents and all that. It's hardly Kahn's fault.

Adelman being responsible for the majority of personel descisions last offseason - context.
Most of the Wolves roster being injured - context.

According to Kahn's defenders context doesn't matter.
Results do.

This are the results.

Admit that Kahn is an incompetent buffoon, whose job was almost saved by a HOF coach, and I'll admit that he has nothing to do with the injuries.
Tirion
Analyst
And1: 81

Post#171 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:02 am by lobishome

Well, Peko could play next Saturday (right quad contusion), Shved will be out a few days (sprained left ankle) and Jelly Belly is ready ... then we still have hope ... right? :pray:
lobishome
Veteran
And1: 102

Post#172 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 am by Basti

Tirion wrote:Adelman being responsible for the majority of personel descisions last offseason - context.

Results do.

This are the results.

Admit that Kahn is an incompetent buffoon, whose job was almost saved by a HOF coach, and I'll admit that he has nothing to do with the injuries.

What? I've always put Kahn's decision into context. It doesn't help his cause that the results don't back it up but that's why I put them into context. Not sure what you're trying to do here.

And sorry the last bit is too stupid for me to answer. Like really. What a ridiculous comparison. As if it changes Kahn's role in regards to the injury whether he's a good GM or the worst person on the planet. Way to show your agenda here. It's like you're not even trying to hide it anymore.
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#173 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:43 am by shrink

I didn't get a chance to watch the game - maybe that was for the best.

My question after looking at the box score: Did any of the Wolves look good on lasy night's the national stage? Since they obviously are looking for trades, I wondered if anybody helped their trade value on things you can't see in a box score?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 183

Post#174 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am by C.lupus

shrink wrote:I didn't get a chance to watch the game - maybe that was for the best.

My question after looking at the box score: Did any of the Wolves look good on lasy night's the national stage? Since they obviously are looking for trades, I wondered if anybody helped their trade value on things you can't see in a box score?

Of the main trade candidates:
Ridnour looked good - was hitting his hots.
Barea looked bad - seemed to miss everything, even gimme's and fouled a lot.
Williams looked meh - wasn't bad but didn't really do anything - had a tough matchup, though.
C.lupus

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 2,481
Location: The land of the ice and snow and the midnight sun where the hot springs flow

Post#175 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 am by theGreatRC

shrink wrote:I didn't get a chance to watch the game - maybe that was for the best.

Luke looked pretty good; Shots were falling, he was hitting those jumpers he likes to take on fast breaks and he had a couple of nice dimes to AK..

Williams was trying to be aggressive at the rim, but it failed miserably and never got the calls that he wanted.

Pek looked very uncomfortable because he couldn't get that deep position in the post that he likes so much and when he did get that position, he was immediately doubled which is trouble on a team with no shooters.

Dante's mid-range wasn't falling
Shved was 0-4 in the first half and tried to get himself going in the 4th, but sprained his ankle
Ricky was post-ACL tear Ricky.
theGreatRC

RealGM
And1: 232

Post#176 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:32 am by shrink

Thanks guys. I'm glad Porter started Rubio and Williams, but it's a shame we couldn't have done better on the bigger stage.

With Rubio starting, today might be the perfect day to make that Ridnour trade .. I think a non-productive expiring and a Top 20 pick is fair .. if we can use this in a three-way to bring in some win-now talent (or at least two healthy knees)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 183

Post#177 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 am by Mattya

So McLemore or Noel?
Mattya
Head Coach
And1: 364

Post#178 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:47 am by [RCG]

Would Portland do a S&T Pek for Matthews? If so I'd go Noel. If not it becomes a tough decision.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 133

Post#179 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:32 pm by sisibilio

[RCG] wrote:Would Portland do a S&T Pek for Matthews?

Sure, you can have also Freeland for some big man depth.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN
sisibilio
Lead Assistant
And1: 238

Post#180 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:50 pm by Tirion

Basti wrote:
Tirion wrote:Adelman being responsible for the majority of personel descisions last offseason - context.

Results do.

This are the results.

What? I've always put Kahn's decision into context. It doesn't help his cause that the results don't back it up but that's why I put them into context. Not sure what you're trying to do here.

And sorry the last bit is too stupid for me to answer. Like really. What a ridiculous comparison. As if it changes Kahn's role in regards to the injury whether he's a good GM or the worst person on the planet. Way to show your agenda here. It's like you're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Kahn is a horrible GM.

At least admit it to yourself, even if you're embarrassed to do it here.
Tirion
Analyst
And1: 81

Post#181 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:32 am by AQuintus

Mattya wrote:So McLemore or Noel?

Depends. If Adelman's back for another year (or more), then plug in McLemore at the 2. If Adelman's not back, then take Noel, blow up the team (trade Love and Pekovic), and try to go fast-break, run-and-gun built around Rubio, Shved, Noel, whoever we get for Love and Pek, and maybe Williams.
AQuintus

Head Coach
And1: 245

Post#182 Re: Rise and Shine: Wolves vs Clippers
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 am by Basti

Tirion wrote:
Basti wrote:

Results do.

This are the results.

Kahn is a horrible GM.

At least admit it to yourself, even if you're embarrassed to do it here.

You think he's a horrible GM. I think he's an average GM whose overall qualities are dragged down by his complete lack of talent evaluation.
Basti

Global Mod
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves