ImageImageImage

Injury Exception (Wolves Sign Chris Johnson)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Re: Injury Exception (Wolves Sign Chris Johnson) 

Post#81 » by LaViggins » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Players Mickael Gelabale and Chris Johnson , who recently agreed to a ten-day contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves, have agreed to stay in Minneapolis team until year end.

Gelabale , who has so far played five games with the team of Rick Adelman , has averaged 7.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 0.6 assists in 21.8 minutes. The French forward said in the past game against the Nets when he scored 15 points with 7 of 10 in field goals.

For his part, Johnson has played a total of four games in which he has garnered 10.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 0.5 assists with a 69.6% shooting from the field by an average of 19 minutes on the track .

http://www.nbamaniacs.com/noticias/mickael-gelabale-y-chris-johnson-firman-hasta-final-de-temporada/
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#82 » by C.lupus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Twolves_42 wrote:
Players Mickael Gelabale and Chris Johnson , who recently agreed to a ten-day contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves, have agreed to stay in Minneapolis team until year end.

Gelabale , who has so far played five games with the team of Rick Adelman , has averaged 7.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 0.6 assists in 21.8 minutes. The French forward said in the past game against the Nets when he scored 15 points with 7 of 10 in field goals.

For his part, Johnson has played a total of four games in which he has garnered 10.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 0.5 assists with a 69.6% shooting from the field by an average of 19 minutes on the track .

http://www.nbamaniacs.com/noticias/mickael-gelabale-y-chris-johnson-firman-hasta-final-de-temporada/

That's got to be unofficial at this point until they free up another roster spot.
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#83 » by LaViggins » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Twolves_42 wrote:

That's got to be unofficial at this point until they free up another roster spot.

Yeah, I guess im just hoping they will announce the departure of Lou soon. If Roy announces his retirement do we get another roster spot or do we have to wait until we trade him/end of the season?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Post#84 » by Worm Guts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm sure if Roy retires that opens a roster spot, or we could even cut him. Although we're probably holding on to him for the possibility of trading his contract at the deadline.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#85 » by Adenusi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 pm

For as much flak as I give Kahn due to his inability to draft these were great signings.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,517

Post#86 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Adenusi wrote:For as much flak as I give Kahn due to his inability to draft these were great signings.

They were fine, but it's far more important to get a top 10 pick right than mid-season, minimum FA signing.
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#87 » by phonzadellika » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Adenusi wrote:For as much flak as I give Kahn due to his inability to draft these were great signings.

They were fine, but it's far more important to get a top 10 pick right than mid-season, minimum FA signing.

Agreed, but he also hit on Shved, who has played like a top-10 pick.

What is it about college players with him?
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#88 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:35 pm

phonzadellika wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Agreed, but he also hit on Shved, who has played like a top-10 pick.

What is it about college players with him?

Man, the whole Europe knew Shved is a jewel, he was a starter on the best team in Europe in last season, and AK probably advised Kahn to bring him over, it was not like Kahn found him in Uganda.

As much as I like Gelabale and Johnson, their ceiling is coming off the bench, while those top 10 picks Kahn always failed with should be starters on almost any team after a short period of adjusting.

People exaggerate when saying how bad Kahn is, but still he is in top 3 worst GMs in the league. Fire him.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#89 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:52 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Man, the whole Europe knew Shved is a jewel, he was a starter on the best team in Europe in last season, and AK probably advised Kahn to bring him over, it was not like Kahn found him in Uganda.

As much as I like Gelabale and Johnson, their ceiling is coming off the bench, while those top 10 picks Kahn always failed with should be starters on almost any team after a short period of adjusting.

People exaggerate when saying how bad Kahn is, but still he is in top 3 worst GMs in the league. Fire him.

lol, Ak was signed long after the whole Shved quest started. So I just don't get where you're coming from with this crap about AK advising Kahn on Shved. And Shved wasn't heavily coveted by other teams despite being a "jewel of Europe". Only Memphis and Cleveland were interested beside us.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#90 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:53 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:

lol, Ak was signed long after the whole Shved quest started. So I just don't get where you're coming from with this crap about AK advising Kahn on Shved. And Shved wasn't heavily coveted by other teams despite being a "jewel of Europe". Only Memphis and Cleveland were interested beside us.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Pete Philo. The Wolves finally got a good international scout on staff. Now they need to get a good domestic scout.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Speaking of Pete Philo, this is a good interview from the summer: http://www.eurohoops.net/2012/06/one-on-one/5936

A couple Wolves-related parts:
What about the Minnesota Timberwolves? How do you manage all of this?

“Minnesota is my first job. I spend 90% of my day working for the Timberwolves. I am lucky to have a great boss in David Kahn who understands the importance of the China opportunity and all that it also does for us in Minnesota. The experience and information are very valuable. I am only gone for small periods of time throughout the summer. I don’t miss many Timberwolves responsibilities at all. In fact, I will leave Team China on Friday to go to scout the eurocamp, then to Minnesota to help prepare our draft room. After that I will go to Venezuela to scout the Olympic qualifying tournament in which the third place team will be placed in our group in London. After that tournament I will go back to China and join the team for the final phase of preparation. After London Olympics I will have a little time off then get prepared for training camp with the Wolves. It’s actually a great balance” .

The Timberwolves were the surprise team in the NBA this year until injuries hit the team. What are your thoughts about the future of the team?

“Our team is a young and exciting team. Unfortunately we did get hit with some injuries this past season which is obviously out of our control. We also hired a new coaching staff prior to last season. We have something to be excited about in Minnesota. We feel confident that the players who were injured will come back strong and ready for a new season. I’m not a fan of predictions or expectations but we are definitely heading in the right direction…”

and this:
I have heard your name come up a few times as a future GM in the NBA, is this your goal or desire?

“I am not a chaser of job opportunities. I like where I am within the Minnesota organization. David Kahn often asks for my input and information. I feel like a very big part of the organization and we are all in a good place. I am about quality of life. I live in Charlotte NC, a great area to scout in/from, I also have a direct flight to Europe. I feel like I can maximize the scouting experience in my current situation. I am very fortunate to have done what I’ve done thus far in basketball. Eurocamp for nine years, World Championships, Olympics, etc. If being a GM is in the cards one day then it will happen. If it doesn’t, I will be very happy with my career”.

Sounds like he has a good working relationship with Kahn. I wonder if he could be promoted to assistant GM or VP of Basketball and be the talent guy to Kahn's money guy.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves