ImageImageImage

Wolves/Rockets 01/19

Moderators: C.lupus, Klomp, Worm Guts

Biff Cooper
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,263
And1: 45
Joined: Jan 02, 2009
Location: Northern Minnesota
 

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#106 » by Biff Cooper » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 am

lobishome wrote:the neverending play

Image


Thats pretty good - can't even tell where the loop starts
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,583
And1: 3,332
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#107 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:47 am

Biff Cooper wrote:Thats pretty good - can't even tell where the loop starts

It took me awhile too. Watch AK
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
le crapaud
Sophomore
Posts: 206
And1: 30
Joined: Jul 15, 2008
Location: France
       

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#108 » by le crapaud » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 am

So what did you guys think about Gelabale? I don't want to overhyped him but I was so glad to see him on the floor for you team. That reminded me when I followed his career at Seattle (with Ridnour btw). I think the fact that Barea wasn't on the floor in the 4th quarter helped the wolves and gelabale too. Not that Barea is a bad player but he reaaally like to shoot the ball. Personnally I think he played great in that 12 mins stretch, with a good defense on Harden and some great plays on offense.
User avatar
funkatron101
General Manager
Posts: 7,514
And1: 819
Joined: Jan 02, 2008
Location: St. Paul

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#109 » by funkatron101 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 am

Can we just waive Amundson and sign Johnson?
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
User avatar
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 14,423
And1: 1,255
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#110 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 am

funkatron101 wrote:Can we just waive Amundson and sign Johnson?



This,
Timberwolves 2015-2016 Playoff bandwagon list:
TheGreatRC
note30
User avatar
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
Posts: 28,450
And1: 3,511
Joined: Oct 09, 2005

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#111 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 am

le crapaud wrote:So what did you guys think about Gelabale? I don't want to overhyped him but I was so glad to see him on the floor for you team. That reminded me when I followed his career at Seattle (with Ridnour btw). I think the fact that Barea wasn't on the floor in the 4th quarter helped the wolves and gelabale too. Not that Barea is a bad player but he reaaally like to shoot the ball. Personnally I think he played great in that 12 mins stretch, with a good defense on Harden and some great plays on offense.


he hustled, played defense, hit a corner three, even finished a pick and roll w/ rubio. he was great.

Best thing i saw from gelabale and johnson as well was that they never really seemed behind the action. They weren't struggling to find their positioning on offense or defense, they were moving around pretty seamlessly with the rest of the team.
Image
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,583
And1: 3,332
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#112 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 am

Highlight from Rockets thread

90sAllDecade wrote:on the bright side, at least barea took a knee to the groin.

:lol:
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,583
And1: 3,332
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#113 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:43 am

Wolves owner Glen Taylor waited for coach Terry Porter, who is filling in for Rick Adelman while he tends to his hospitalized wife, to finish his postgame press conference and approached him with an outstretched hand.

''I wanted to come in here and see how you did this,'' Taylor said.

''Smoke and mirrors,'' Porter replied. ''Smoke and mirrors.''


http://sports.yahoo.com/news/guys-lift- ... --nba.html
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
FinnTheHuman
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,681
And1: 561
Joined: Nov 22, 2012
   

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#114 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 am

Can you guys explain what happens with Gelabale and Johnson after their 10 day contracts expire? Is it only up to us to decide to sign them, is it a problem for us to sign them, how much money will we have to give them, and do players sometimes refuse to extend the deal after a 10 day one? Can some other team decide to "steal" them'?
teamwillow
Banned User
Posts: 196
And1: 8
Joined: Jan 14, 2012

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#115 » by teamwillow » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 am

CHRIS JOHNSONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCITEMENT HAS RETURNED BABY!
User avatar
Murphs56
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,729
And1: 225
Joined: Nov 13, 2012
       

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#116 » by Murphs56 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:31 am

Well, we stink and as of now, the rockets stink more. We aren't a playoff team at all, but it was good to get a win. Thought it wasn't going to happen the rest of the year
User avatar
Dual
Senior
Posts: 599
And1: 45
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
 

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#117 » by Dual » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 am

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooo!!!
Its pretty clear what we have to do:
Waive Amundson, he is worthless, cant defend, cant attack, cant rebound...
Sign "MVP" Johnson for the rest of the season.
Also i would love to sign Gelabale for the rest of the season.
Ricky is looking better and better everygame, he was fast last night, i love it.
We won, with 2 "10 day contract" players at the end of the game because they earned it, i loved that.
Lets go Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
Posts: 7,607
And1: 520
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Aotearoa
 

Re: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#118 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm

CHRIS F'ING JOHNSON!!!!!!

:lol: i literally didn't know we had signed him when he checked in, knew who he was but i was like who the f is that? loved the mvp chants!

great win. johnson was obviously huge, man he is a good compliment to pek and rubes as a long athlete and runner. i was gobsmacked at his speed in running the court for that alley oop.

rubes is really starting to look like the player of last year, was really trying to push the tempo...controled the game great and love his leadership in huddling guys up...his defense is really starting to get there as well. i love this guy.

the houston commentators pissed me off how they kept calling jelly a d leaguer. jelly played very well, really clicked with rubes...if he can be that defender, corner 3 guy off the weak side of the pick n roll he could really be big as he was in this one.

just very proud of the effort, hustle and heart in the face of adversity..rubes truly does back up his words with actions
Image
Zach Lavine #8
cojayar
Sophomore
Posts: 161
And1: 17
Joined: Feb 12, 2011

Re: AW: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#119 » by cojayar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Gelebale is under contract in Valencia. He has NBA clause and therefore is allowed to be there. As soon as you pay him more than in Valencia he will sign. Some people say he desperately wants a contract until the end of the year in order to be 3 years in the NBA and get the NBA retirement money. So, he will sign for less than a million.

BTW, if he does not get another contract will be back to ACB league in Spain in time for the King's cup (a one game shoot out of the current best 8 teams in the league). Gelebale was not even a star in his team. So it is worth to see the matches to "discover" new players for the NBA.
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 34,549
And1: 376
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: AW: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#120 » by shrink » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm

cojayar wrote:Gelebale is under contract in Valencia. He has NBA clause and therefore is allowed to be there. As soon as you pay him more than in Valencia he will sign. Some people say he desperately wants a contract until the end of the year in order to be 3 years in the NBA and get the NBA retirement money. So, he will sign for less than a million.


That's really interesting! Thanks for posting that.

I went to a movie last night, and didn't watch the game -- and was shocked to see later that we won. I'm curious if our guards made other players better, or Johnson, Gelabale would have been fine on their own? And how did MIN survive getting zero from their centers, and Cunningham out sick?

We had only five legitimate NBA players in the game -and only one legitimate NBA starter (Kirilenko) until Rubio is healthier!
User avatar
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
Posts: 7,607
And1: 520
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Aotearoa
 

Re: AW: Wolves/Rockets 01/19 

Post#121 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:19 pm

shrink wrote:
cojayar wrote:Gelebale is under contract in Valencia. He has NBA clause and therefore is allowed to be there. As soon as you pay him more than in Valencia he will sign. Some people say he desperately wants a contract until the end of the year in order to be 3 years in the NBA and get the NBA retirement money. So, he will sign for less than a million.


That's really interesting! Thanks for posting that.

I went to a movie last night, and didn't watch the game -- and was shocked to see later that we won. I'm curious if our guards made other players better, or Johnson, Gelabale would have been fine on their own? And how did MIN survive getting zero from their centers, and Cunningham out sick?

We had only five legitimate NBA players in the game -and only one legitimate NBA starter (Kirilenko) until Rubio is healthier!

i think all but two of jelly's points were assisted by rubes and johnson put himself in position to be successful by running the court hard, making himself a target and hustling for rebounds. as i said before i think both are really good compliments to the team especially johnson in contrast to pek a long, bouncy 7 footer...looked a little bit like randy but with a brain and heart.
Image
Zach Lavine #8

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves