ImageImageImage

Ridnour "being shopped"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Re: Ridnour "being shopped" 

Post#151 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Biggest thing is shooters. Main thing we should be focused on.

Then maybe an athletic wing player or big man. Just need some athleticism on this team.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#152 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Jukeness wrote:I'm really going to have to say that our biggest problem is being balanced. Why were we good last year, because we had balance in the team, even with lesser talent, we actually had guys who could do things for themselves and make shots instead of having a bunch of white guys that can pass.

Wow, what a rubbish post :roll: I guess you just decided that it was your time to rant.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#153 » by Jukeness » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Jukeness wrote:I'm really going to have to say that our biggest problem is being balanced. Why were we good last year, because we had balance in the team, even with lesser talent, we actually had guys who could do things for themselves and make shots instead of having a bunch of white guys that can pass.

Wow, what a rubbish post :roll: I guess you just decided that it was your time to rant.

Okay?
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#154 » by [RCG] » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:

?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#155 » by Dewey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 am

I disagree completely. Last years team without Love (and Rubio for most of it) would have been a total collapse ... and they did without the Rube.

AK/Shved >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beas/Wes by eons just for starters
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#156 » by Jukeness » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 am

You cant not have balance, how are the Wolves going to succeed with no athletic players and basicaly no one who can create for themselves?
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#157 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 am

Jukeness wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

Okay?

he actually has a point. lets be real here. we have way too many white unathletic players who are great passers. nobody but shved or barea can create. we have no athleticism. etc..etc..
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,239

Post#158 » by Murphs56 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 am

We need a healthy Love and Budinger to determine how good this team can be. Unfortunately, It's going to have to wait till next year. Even when Love and Bud get back in mid March, I don't think they'll be 100%. They'll most certainly be rusty.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#159 » by AQuintus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 am

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota has been aggressive in offering multiple first-round picks for established talent, league sources tell Y!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#160 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:58 am

AQuintus wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota has been aggressive in offering multiple first-round picks for established talent, league sources tell Y!

Reading other fans' replies are hilarious and head-scratching.

My, uh, favorite...

“@Peter_J_Novak: @ColbySpradlin Hard to match money there...maybe injured Brandon Roy (we'd waive him) and Alexy Shved for Marvin? I'd do that.”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#161 » by karch34 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 am

Interesting. Not too surprising that we're willing to deal picks I guess.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#162 » by AQuintus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 am

Yeah. It would be kind of rough to lose a top 10 pick, especially if this is the year that the pick actually moves up, but this draft is awful, so I wouldn't hate it depending on the return.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#163 » by Mattya » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 am

I wonder if Eric Gordon could be a possibility. The Hornets sound like they might be interesting in moving him, and we could offer picks to a still rebuilding team.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,239

Post#164 » by Murphs56 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 am

Mattya wrote:I wonder if Eric Gordon could be a possibility. The Hornets sound like they might be interesting in moving him, and we could offer picks to a still rebuilding team.

Eric Gordon is the type of player that turns this team from average to very good
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#165 » by Basti » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

Murphs56 wrote:
Mattya wrote:I wonder if Eric Gordon could be a possibility. The Hornets sound like they might be interesting in moving him, and we could offer picks to a still rebuilding team.

Eric Gordon is the type of player that turns this team from average to very good

Eric Gordon would be perfect for our team but his knees and our history of knee issues seem like a nightmare waiting to happen.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#166 » by Viljanen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

$ 13,500,000 for the next 4 years. If we´re to build around Love, Ricky and Pek, we´ll need cheap production at the SG and SF.

I think we can only afford two more pieces: a cheap SG, to play the role that Sefolosha has in OKC (I liked M.Lee quite a lot... we´re just so unlucky...), and search for more production at the backup C spot (Stiemsma hasn´t worked as we expected and CJ could be a great 4th big, but still can´t defend without making tons of fouls).

This team is almost already done. The trio is there (with two max contracts next year in Love and pEk), and most of the secondary pieces are also already there (Barea, Shved, Buddinger, Dante, I´d even add Gelabale for his great ratio production vs. price). If you don´t like the result, blame the trio chosen to build around.

Personally, I like the team. Without injuries it should be bloody difficult to defeat.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,509

Post#167 » by Worm Guts » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 pm

AQuintus wrote:Yeah. It would be kind of rough to lose a top 10 pick, especially if this is the year that the pick actually moves up, but this draft is awful, so I wouldn't hate it depending on the return.

At the very least, it doesn't hurt to find out what's available.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#168 » by Viljanen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Putting some rumors together...

Bulls (They need to get rid of Hamilton not to be in the lux, but at this point his contract has negative value. They need an expiring on a similar contract)
Out: R.Hamilton + 1st pick
In: B.Roy

Orlando (they´re rebuilding, so two picks, one of them could be very good, and some salary relief should be good value for Afflalo)
Out: A.Afflalo
In: R.Hamilton + Minn 1st pick + Bulls 1st pick

Minnesota: (gets a huge fit in a good long contract. They´ll need to get rid of Williams and Ridnour if they want to resign Pek though)
Out: B.Roy + 1st pick
In: A.Afflalo
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
Beas
Pro Prospect
And1: 11

Post#169 » by Beas » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Toronto in need of backup PG; could be landing spot for Telfair or Minny's Luke Ridnour.

anything interesting we could snag from the raptors? I like Ross but we would obviously have to add more
Massimo wrote:There is a saying in German that if somebody wants to rape you off and you can't runaway, simply try to have fun with it. This is exactly what the players have to do. Just enjoy it.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#170 » by The J Rocka » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Beas wrote:Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Toronto in need of backup PG; could be landing spot for Telfair or Minny's Luke Ridnour.

anything interesting we could snag from the raptors? I like Ross but we would obviously have to add more

DeRozan baby.

Hope it's not Alan Anderson.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves