yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Ridnour "being shopped"

Moderators: Basti, C.lupus, Klomp

Post#166 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 am by Viljanen

$ 13,500,000 for the next 4 years. If we´re to build around Love, Ricky and Pek, we´ll need cheap production at the SG and SF.

I think we can only afford two more pieces: a cheap SG, to play the role that Sefolosha has in OKC (I liked M.Lee quite a lot... we´re just so unlucky...), and search for more production at the backup C spot (Stiemsma hasn´t worked as we expected and CJ could be a great 4th big, but still can´t defend without making tons of fouls).

This team is almost already done. The trio is there (with two max contracts next year in Love and pEk), and most of the secondary pieces are also already there (Barea, Shved, Buddinger, Dante, I´d even add Gelabale for his great ratio production vs. price). If you don´t like the result, blame the trio chosen to build around.

Personally, I like the team. Without injuries it should be bloody difficult to defeat.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves de toda la vida.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 52

Post#167 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am by Worm Guts

AQuintus wrote:Yeah. It would be kind of rough to lose a top 10 pick, especially if this is the year that the pick actually moves up, but this draft is awful, so I wouldn't hate it depending on the return.

At the very least, it doesn't hurt to find out what's available.
Worm Guts

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 683

Post#168 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 am by Viljanen

Putting some rumors together...

Bulls (They need to get rid of Hamilton not to be in the lux, but at this point his contract has negative value. They need an expiring on a similar contract)
Out: R.Hamilton + 1st pick
In: B.Roy

Orlando (they´re rebuilding, so two picks, one of them could be very good, and some salary relief should be good value for Afflalo)
Out: A.Afflalo
In: R.Hamilton + Minn 1st pick + Bulls 1st pick

Minnesota: (gets a huge fit in a good long contract. They´ll need to get rid of Williams and Ridnour if they want to resign Pek though)
Out: B.Roy + 1st pick
In: A.Afflalo
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves de toda la vida.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 52

Post#169 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:23 am by Beas

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Toronto in need of backup PG; could be landing spot for Telfair or Minny's Luke Ridnour.

anything interesting we could snag from the raptors? I like Ross but we would obviously have to add more
Massimo wrote:There is a saying in German that if somebody wants to rape you off and you can't runaway, simply try to have fun with it. This is exactly what the players have to do. Just enjoy it.
Beas
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#170 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 am by The J Rocka

Beas wrote:Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Toronto in need of backup PG; could be landing spot for Telfair or Minny's Luke Ridnour.

anything interesting we could snag from the raptors? I like Ross but we would obviously have to add more

DeRozan baby.

Hope it's not Alan Anderson.
Sig by C.lupus
The J Rocka

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,346

Post#171 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am by shrink

People now I'm risk adverse, and cost conscious, so some of you would be surprised that I'd make an offer for Eric Gordon.

I understand how dangerous it is, but the wolves have a lot of needs, and if healthy, Eric Gordon can fill most of them. I'd rather take the big gamble on the one guy that could fix things, than hope we can fashiopn a fix from lots of lesser players.

We would be an appealing destination for him compared to where he's been, and with two-star level talents that would make him even better, he could have a great chance for personal and team success.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 257

Post#172 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am by shrink

Viljanen wrote:Putting some rumors together...

Bulls (They need to get rid of Hamilton not to be in the lux, but at this point his contract has negative value. They need an expiring on a similar contract)
Out: R.Hamilton + 1st pick
In: B.Roy

Orlando (they´re rebuilding, so two picks, one of them could be very good, and some salary relief should be good value for Afflalo)
Out: A.Afflalo
In: R.Hamilton + Minn 1st pick + Bulls 1st pick

Minnesota: (gets a huge fit in a good long contract. They´ll need to get rid of Williams and Ridnour if they want to resign Pek though)
Out: B.Roy + 1st pick
In: A.Afflalo

Maybe if we expanded the deal so that we got CHI all the way under the lux? Personally, I think they'll need to move Boozer.
shrink
RealGM

Post#173 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 am by champalift

via Twitter/HoopsHype
Alex Kennedy: The Magic and Knicks have discussed a J.J. Redick for Iman Shumpert trade. Other players (and maybe a third team) would have to be involved. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#MMs2LRsjm3vTexXU.

Perhaps we could get be that third team. JJ/Luke + asset for Redick in a three team deal? Will have to look at cap numbers now...
champalift

Junior
And1: 12

Post#174 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 pm by Klomp

champalift wrote:via Twitter/HoopsHype
Alex Kennedy: The Magic and Knicks have discussed a J.J. Redick for Iman Shumpert trade. Other players (and maybe a third team) would have to be involved. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#MMs2LRsjm3vTexXU.

Perhaps we could get be that third team. JJ/Luke + asset for Redick in a three team deal? Will have to look at cap numbers now...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=agxfs3j

Picks would have to be added...
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp

Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 1,848

Post#175 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 pm by phonzadellika

From the Orlando board:

blue and white wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:
One report in the days leading up to Thursday's NBA trade deadline indicated that the Orlando Magic's asking price for J.J. Redick is "steep," but another report early Tuesday morning from ESPN's Marc Stein specified just how steep.

According to Stein, the Magic are asking for "no less than a first-round pick" in exchange for Redick, the 28-year-old shooting guard with an expiring contract.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... 3-deadline

dont really think thats a steep price for him.

Does Shumpert have equivalent value to a 1st round pick for Orlando?

More importantly for us, would the cost for Redick in a 3-way trade be Ridnour and a 2nd? I'm not sure a soon-to-be-free agent Redick is worth more than that.
phonzadellika
Pro Prospect
And1: 105

Post#176 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 pm by shrink

If this is true, the part that makes the most sense is Redick to NYK, so that would mean Iman Shumpert coming our way.

Redick is a UFA next season, so he can sign wherever he wants, and there are rumors that he'd take a lesser deal just to go back to Orlando. Redick's value is this season, and NYL is the only play-off contender of the three teams.

Moreover, if ORL is demanding a 1st, NYK can't meet that obligation. They owe DEN their 2014 1st, so their pick this year is not tradable because of the Stepien Rule.

Could we be interested in Shumpert for Ridnour + MEM pick?
shrink
RealGM

Post#177 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm by phonzadellika

shrink wrote:If this is true, the part that makes the most sense is Redick to NYK, so that would mean Iman Shumpert coming our way.

Redick is a UFA next season, so he can sign wherever he wants, and there are rumors that he'd take a lesser deal just to go back to Orlando. Redick's value is this season, and NYL is the only play-off contender of the three teams.

Moreover, if ORL is demanding a 1st, NYK can't meet that obligation. They owe DEN their 2014 1st, so their pick this year is not tradable because of the Stepien Rule.

Could we be interested in Shumpert for Ridnour + MEM pick?

FWIW there are posters on the Orlando board that are convinced that JJ Redick wants to move to NY since he spent last off-season there and wants to play for a contender. From that perspective I could see NYK interested in a Redick deal if they think he'll re-sign. Redick doesn't address NYK weakness at backup PG though which is why I think Ridnour could be going to NYK in a trade like this, especially if the Wolves are looking for 'established vets' in exchange for the 1sts. Shumpert was a nice player and good prospect before his ACL tear but I don't know that he qualifies as an established vet at this point.

IMO Ridnour + Mem 1st is pretty steep for just Shumpert, especially in a 3 team trade where the Wolves give up the most value and don't get the best player back. I think that the Mem 1st on its own should be enough for Shumpert, maybe Brandon Roy's expiring to Orlando to sweeten the deal if we have no other plans for it.

Is Shumpert a decent 3pt shooter?
phonzadellika
Pro Prospect
And1: 105

Post#178 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 pm by NikolaPekovic

Beas wrote:Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Terrence ross fits much better than derozan. He's cheaper, still plays great defense, and can shoot 3's alot better than derozan.
NikolaPekovic
Senior
And1: 56

Post#179 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:53 pm by NikolaPekovic

shrink wrote:People now I'm risk adverse, and cost conscious, so some of you would be surprised that I'd make an offer for Eric Gordon.

I understand how dangerous it is, but the wolves have a lot of needs, and if healthy, Eric Gordon can fill most of them. I'd rather take the big gamble on the one guy that could fix things, than hope we can fashiopn a fix from lots of lesser players.

We would be an appealing destination for him compared to where he's been, and with two-star level talents that would make him even better, he could have a great chance for personal and team success.

He would be a good fit, but we have way too many injury problems. and we wouldnt be able to sign pek im pretty sure.
NikolaPekovic
Senior

Post#180 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 pm by champalift

Via HoopsHype/Twitter
The Wolves are not shopping PG Luke Ridnour, according to a source. The Timberwolves are 2-6 in February, but PG Ricky Rubio is averaging 13.5 points and 9.3 assists during the month. Yahoo! Sports

Well that changes things... Makes me think that trading Luke rumors are centered on other teams preferring Luke to JJ and us wanting to move JJ. I just can't see us wanting to move Luke. Adelman likes him. He is on a better contract and has a better attitude than JJ.

I see (and hope) something like JJ and Derrick/a pick for the best scoring guard we can get happening.
champalift

Junior

Post#181 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm by NikolaPekovic

champalift wrote:Via HoopsHype/Twitter
The Wolves are not shopping PG Luke Ridnour, according to a source. The Timberwolves are 2-6 in February, but PG Ricky Rubio is averaging 13.5 points and 9.3 assists during the month. Yahoo! Sports

Well that changes things... Makes me think that trading Luke rumors are centered on other teams preferring Luke to JJ and us wanting to move JJ. I just can't see us wanting to move Luke. Adelman likes him. He is on a better contract and has a better attitude than JJ.

I see (and hope) something like JJ and Derrick/a pick for the best scoring guard we can get happening.

Only reason luke has more value is cause he can shoot honestly. JJ brings toughness and the ability to penetrade and draw fouls. he is also a better fit next to shved in the second unit.
NikolaPekovic
Senior

Post#182 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 pm by SO_MONEY

Not what I get at all.

You claim they want to trade JJ so they put Luke on the market??????? Heck Luke is preparing himself to be trade. I suspect Minnesota is just trying to drive the market for Luke.
SO_MONEY
Sixth Man
And1: 31

Post#183 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 pm by champalift

SO_MONEY wrote:

Not what I get at all.

You claim they want to trade JJ so they put Luke on the market??????? Heck Luke is preparing himself to be trade. I suspect Minnesota is just trying to drive the market for Luke.

I did not claim that. What I am implying is 9 times out of 10 the players being discussed most 3 weeks prior to the deadline are not the ones being moved. Also what I am saying is that I think internally we value Luke on his contract more than JJ on his. There is a reason why Luke has consistently started and finished games even with Ricky back (not only the fact that we don't have a SG with two working knees).
I am not David Kahn or Rick Adelman, so I am purely speculating like everyone else on this forum (and most NBA writers as well), but from my close following of this team, that is what I want to see happen and think will happen. If we make a trade, it will likely be Luke or JJ (possibly Derrick or Steamer) and would be surprised if we opt to move Luke over JJ is all I am saying.
Welcome to speculation, rumor, and read-between-the-lines season! :D
2 days left!!!
champalift

Junior

Post#184 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:23 pm by Grits n Gravy

NikolaPekovic wrote:

Only reason luke has more value is cause he can shoot honestly. JJ brings toughness and the ability to penetrade and draw fouls. he is also a better fit next to shved in the second unit.

i'd rather the ball be more in shveds hands so i disagree
Zach Lavine #8
Grits n Gravy

Head Coach
And1: 317

Post#185 Re: Ridnour "being shopped"
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 pm by SO_MONEY

champalift wrote:
I did not claim that. What I am implying is 9 times out of 10 the players being discussed most 3 weeks prior to the deadline are not the ones being moved. Also what I am saying is that I think internally we value Luke on his contract more than JJ on his. There is a reason why Luke has consistently started and finished games even with Ricky back (not only the fact that we don't have a SG with two working knees).
I am not David Kahn or Rick Adelman, so I am purely speculating like everyone else on this forum (and most NBA writers as well), but from my close following of this team, that is what I want to see happen and think will happen. If we make a trade, it will likely be Luke or JJ (possibly Derrick or Steamer) and would be surprised if we opt to move Luke over JJ is all I am saying.
Welcome to speculation, rumor, and read-between-the-lines season! :D
2 days left!!!

I would guess you don't like JJ and are reading too much into it. I would say MN values JJ more than Luke, rarer skill-set, younger and extra year on his contract at a reasonable rate. Luke is the odd man out and has less team value that is why they are shopping him. Heck, I like both guys and don't think it matters who they keep..And even though I like both if we keep neither I am okay with that too.

It is likely pretty simple, they may be close to a deal with a couple of teams and are trying to drive up the offers.

I surmise the only way they trade JJ is if a team is absolutely in love with JJ over Luke, won't do the deal otherwise or he is part of a trade we cannot refuse.
SO_MONEY
Sixth Man
And1: 31

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves