ImageImageImage

MIN - OKC (Pekovic)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: MIN - OKC (Pekovic) 

Post#16 » by Krapinsky » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Wolf_Cry wrote:If OKC had Pek vs. Miami...who the heck does MIami have that could stop Pek down low? Skinny self proclaim HOF Chris Bosh? The only reason OKC doesn't do this trade is if Pek wants the max. Would I do it as a Wolves fan? Not sure. I don't think Lamb is as promising as people think. He is young, that's true, but to think he can't contribute even the slightest right now makes me wonder if he is all that he's hyped to be.

You act like Pek is Shaquille O'neal. He averages 15 points per game on a 18 win team that doesn't have it's starting PF.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#17 » by Wolf_Cry » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:If OKC had Pek vs. Miami...who the heck does MIami have that could stop Pek down low? Skinny self proclaim HOF Chris Bosh? The only reason OKC doesn't do this trade is if Pek wants the max. Would I do it as a Wolves fan? Not sure. I don't think Lamb is as promising as people think. He is young, that's true, but to think he can't contribute even the slightest right now makes me wonder if he is all that he's hyped to be.

You act like Pek is Shaquille O'neal. He averages 15 points per game on a 18 win team that doesn't have it's starting PF.

Yeah, but he's also played without Love and Rubio most of the season. Defenses have concentrated on stopping him. Don't forget Rubio isn't 100% yet either. I think he would give Miami serious fits because they have no interior defense.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#18 » by eyeteeth » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 pm

This is a horrible trade. Basically Lamb+pick for Pek. I'd have to find something hard enough to bang my head against until I couldn't remember what basketball is anymore.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#19 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm

The J Rocka wrote:I don't see us going in that direction. That trade tells Love that we're bringing in some younger guys that will need 2-4 years to fully develop. RA wouldn't be happy either.

I'm guessing we'll want to bring in a player that can make an immediate impact.

I think the Sixers (Wright), Jazz (Bell), or Celtics (Lee) would be good 3rd team candidates.

I agree. The Wolves have to be in win now mode (or at least win next year when healthy mode). This strikes me as a rebuild trade. You do this and you can say goodbye to Love and probably Adelman. And how long do you think Ricky will be happy losing 60% of his games?

I'm not saying Pek is God's gift to centers or that they will even keep him. But I think any trade will bring back a player that can step into a starter's role on a winning team.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#20 » by shrink » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Interesting to hear the rumor about OKC and Gortat right now, so I thought this thread was timely.

I would also point out one other thing, that I don't think gets enough notice in this trade:

I think we win this deal on trade value, but it does not necessarily mean we have to rebuild. With extra trade value, you can trade for better win-now talent than Pek could bring on his own.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves