ImageImageImage

Rondo?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Rondo? 

Post#16 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:30 pm

A-Zero wrote:Kevin Love and an unprotected 1st round pick for Rondo, I'd do it right now. Spend the pick on a PG and let the era of Love start in Boston :P

why not 10 unprotected picks? Dream big.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#17 » by [RCG] » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:01 pm

A-Zero wrote:Kevin Love and an unprotected 1st round pick for Rondo, I'd do it right now. Spend the pick on a PG and let the era of Love start in Boston :P

Because Rondo makes perfect sense on a team with Rubio. :roll:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#18 » by LewisnotMiller » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 am

So I was sure I was coming in here to see SOME sort of Rubio trade offer, but putting Rondo WITH Rubio is one of the more unusual thoughts I've seen in some time. No chance of that working, since they don't have complimentary skills.

The basic premise that you guys have stuff we are interested in is probably correct. Love and Pek would both be of some interest. But why you would want Rondo to put WITH Rubio is beyond me. Two of my favourite point guards, and both with the same basic flaws in their games.
Gideon
Pro Prospect
And1: 178

Post#19 » by Gideon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:56 am

Yeah... Rubio & Rondo would not work together at all. I really like Rondo, and I love Rubio, but just a total skill-set/need overlap.

Here's a variation:

Minny Out: Love
Minny In: Gallo, Faried

WHY for Minny: Gallo and Faried is a good return for Love... both players fit really well with our system/needs and are young with lots of potential.

Boston Out: Rondo
Boston In: Love

WHY for Boston: The Celtics are doing great with Rondo hurt... they love Bradley as a great intangibles guy, and he's probably more of a PG than a SG... so why not ship Rondo, get an elite young star, and move forward with a future core of Bradley and Love + a couple of productive seasons remaining from PP/KG

Denver Out: Gallo, Faried, Lawson
Denver In: Rondo, Thomas Robinson, James Johnson, Tyler Honeycutt (make salaries work), top 7 protected pick from Sacramento

Huge overhaul for Denver... I admit they probably won't do something this radical in the real world. However, why be satisfied with a 4-6 seat every year without being a real title threat? Rondo is an elite PG, Johnson is a quality backup who fits the Denver system well, and the Nuggets are deep enough to absorb losing a couple of starters without wrecking the team (Miller, Brewer, Chandler, and McGee are all basically starter-quality). Robinson is a promising young prospect who has shown flashes of potential and could thrive in a more harmonious setting than the clusterfk in Sacramento, and he would be Denver's PF of the future. Plus a likely late lotto pick from Sacramento within the next year or two provides another core piece.

Sac Out: Thomas Robinson, James Johnson, Tyler Honeycutt, top 7 protected pick
Sac In: Ty Lawson

The Kings/Sonics swap their recent high draft pick who hasn't been thriving in their system (plus another protected pick) for a true franchise PG. They can move forward with a Lawson/Evans/Cousins core and have some real young talent to build around.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves