ImageImageImage

A strong offer from the 76ers

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Figjamjr
Sophomore
And1: 4

Re: A strong offer from the 76ers 

Post#31 » by Figjamjr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

IMO this is a pretty good trade. I do think it makes MIN better. But this trade like all the others are predicated on who your "core" players are. If Rubio, Ak, Love, and Pek are "core" players then this trade may not work well for MIN.

However, if MIN looks at it's current roster as a "work in progress", and they realize that AK and Pek along with the bench should be used to to trade for better players, then this trade could work. Although it would be a bit premature.

But as a few posters have said, MIN needs their SG and SF to be able to make 3's at about a 35% or higher clip. You can get by with Rubio and your Center not being able to shoot outside, but when you've got 3 players who can't shoot outside, your in trouble.

Rather than trade Dwill, Barea, and Steamer all together, might be better to say trade Steamer and a future late 1st for Hawes?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#32 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 pm

I do this about 10 times over. (And I don't hate/just want D-Will off the team for anything either)

Turner is streaky but I think he is a team player and he wont have the same pressure to produce here. Hawes is a very nice big. Yes, I this deal, don't know if Philly does.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#33 » by GopherIt! » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:11 am

Not interested in Turner. I would rather target Dudley and the send Jose Jordan to L.A. for Jordan Hill

Ricky/luke
Dudley/Shved
Ak47/bud
Love/DC
Pek/Jordan hill

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves