ImageImageImage

Combining some ideas and rumors

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Combining some ideas and rumors 

Post#1 » by karch34 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Haven't posted a trade in awhile, but read that Charlotte is pretty upset with Gordon after getting into it with the coach. Not sure how desperate they are, but came up with an idea if they were.

Charlotte gets B. Roy, C. lee, R. Bell, and F. Melo
Jazz get Luke Ridnour
Celtics get Barrea and Steemer.
Wolves get Ben Gordon and Biyombo.

We've discussed why for Jazz and Celtics. Charlotte gets two expirings in Bell and Roy, plus a more afordable veteran SG and young big.

We get an overpriced combo guard for a rotation of Ricky, Gordon, and Shved. I'd want to get a D leaguer or vet as 3rd PG on the cheap of course. Gordon becomes a nice expiring this offseason. We get a young C that has the skills we want and some Pek insurance.

Probably need to move some picks around and the premise is Bobcats really wanting Gordon gone.

Fire away.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Combining some ideas and rumors 

Post#2 » by C.lupus » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:27 pm

I really have no interest in Ben Gordon.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#3 » by [RCG] » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:33 pm

We still need a legitimate back-up PG. Even if its a vet-min guy coming back.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#4 » by C.lupus » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Honestly, the more I think about this, the worse it is. Gordon is a cancer in Charlotte and they are probably going to have to give up a pick to move him (look at what Detroit did), not get back value. Gordon also makes 3x what Ridnour makes. Look at this comparison:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 01&y2=2013

Is Gordon even better than Luke, let alone 3x better?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#5 » by shrink » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:47 pm

C.lupus wrote:Gordon is a cancer in Charlotte and they are probably going to have to give up a pick to move him (look at what Detroit did), not get back value.

They are -- Biyombo.

I think the trade misses the incentive from UTA, which we should get. Ridnour > Raja Bell's dead weight.

I agree with both of you though. I'm no fan of Ben Gordon, and I'm not taking him on without some decent incentive. Is Biyombo decent enough? - I haven't looked at him closely lately.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#6 » by karch34 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Not a big Gordon fan, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on what would be enough sweetener to take him on? shrink brought up some good points. Would Jazz pick going to us give us a chance for a significant move in the offseason with 3 potential firsts and Gordon's expiring?
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#7 » by LordBaldric » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

I like Ben Gordon. :(
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,125

Post#8 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:38 am

I thought Ben Gordon was a little older but even at 29, no thanks.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:06 am

Gordon's recent brush up doesn't bother me b/c that's the first bad story I've ever heard about him. I love that he's as elite a catch and shoot player as there is in the game and there's very few options in free agency, so it'd be a nice get. Biyombo seems like he has great potential as a defender/rebounder so that's a huge plus to the frontcourt.
Issue is money - we'd be way over the cap if we wanted both AK and Pek back, so there's no way Taylor would let that happen, even for just a year.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves