ImageImageImage

Anyone glad we didn't deal DW?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Did we make the right choice keeping DW?

Yes
65%
No
3%
We're still trading him in the summer
32%

Total votes: 37

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Re: Anyone glad we didn't deal DW? 

Post#41 » by Narf » Mon Mar 4, 2013 12:53 pm

Kahn has been strong on trades and signing free agent talent (some hit some miss....but some hit).
Kahn has been weak on drafting
Trading that pick is not what scares me. Take out Butler and put in E. gordon and R Lopez and that is the type of trade Kahn pulls off.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#42 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Mar 4, 2013 9:56 pm

If we get a top 5 pick in the draft and can pick one of the SG's then we dont really have to trade derrick. hes been improving almost every game.

If he's improving this quickly now how will he look with another offseason of practice?

If he could play with Kluv and Pek that would be nuts.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#43 » by Calinks » Mon Mar 4, 2013 9:59 pm

End of the day, this was the right call. His value is going nowhere but up. 21 year old forward who is currently averaging 18 and 8 to finish the season with decent shooting percentages and the ability to hit the three, that's a nice asset. Rebuilding teams should be able to look at that and say, "We could use that." Williams in a few years has as chance to be a 20 and 10 player. Let me remind you that there are no 20 and 10 players in the league this season. Put him on an up tempo team and who knows what numbers he may be capable of.

As long as he keeps this up it will strengthen our position this summer. If he works hard to improve him game over the summer and we cant do a draft day or summer deal, he might look even better by this time next year at the break. I'd bank on finding a deal this summer though. Worse case scenario is that Love leaves and we keep him and hope he continues to grow.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves