OT Thread, Part III

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Re: OT Thread, Part III 

Post#861 » by cpfsf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Basti wrote:I discovered a bunch of gray/white hairs yesterday. I haven't even turned 28. That's not supposed to happen yet :blank:

i'll trade you my future baldness for your future grey hairs. tbh, i'm considering buying rogaine on amazon. i'm 27 myself, but i know baldness strikes relatively early with my family.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#862 » by Basti » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:09 pm

cpfsf wrote:
Basti wrote:I discovered a bunch of gray/white hairs yesterday. I haven't even turned 28. That's not supposed to happen yet :blank:

i'll trade you my future baldness for your future grey hairs. tbh, i'm considering buying rogaine on amazon. i'm 27 myself, but i know baldness strikes relatively early with my family.

Well... I don't like that trade because my hairline has begun to recede, too. It hasn't been too bad, fortunately, but it looks a bit weird because it's just the corners of the hairline and not the middle. And it hasn't really progressed as much as it did about five years ago.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#863 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 pm

I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but im going to ask anyway.

Are you guys excited about the possible :

Or you really don´t care about that ?
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#864 » by King Malta » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:27 am

mercgold3 wrote:I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but im going to ask anyway.

Are you guys excited about the possible :

Or you really don´t care about that ?

Oh, is this actually on the cards?

As an Aussie I've never really felt a connection to any MLS team enough to get behind them fully (loosely supporting NY Red bulls because of Thierry) but this would give me a team to follow.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#865 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Yeah, but i think is for 2020 the expansion to Minnesota.
The latest news that i found:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_27 ... ion-soccer

http://www.startribune.com/sports/284991461.html
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,123

Post#866 » by GopherIt! » Fri Feb 6, 2015 10:01 pm

cpfsf wrote:

My hairline was in big trouble by my mid twenties. Too much testosterone. I went from Bieber to Bruce Willis in no time. C'est la vie.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#867 » by Basti » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:45 pm

There's quite a storm out there. Winds up to ~80 miles per hour hitting the coastline. There have been reports of waves with the height of 60 feet. Fortunately, it isn't quite as bad here 30 miles away from the open sea but the wind is still ~45 miles per hour. My house is shaking a bit every time a gush goes through.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#868 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Feb 8, 2015 8:33 pm

Anybody know in what decade they'll be finishing construction on 35E though St Paul
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#869 » by cpfsf » Mon Feb 9, 2015 10:36 pm

I have a stopwatch running while working. Im keeping track of how much time i do nothing. Not laziness, just nothing to do.

edit: 5 hours of work in an 8 hour shift.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#870 » by southern wolf » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 am

cpfsf wrote:I have a stopwatch running while working. Im keeping track of how much time i do nothing. Not laziness, just nothing to do.

Office job?
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#871 » by cpfsf » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:08 am

southern wolf wrote:
cpfsf wrote:I have a stopwatch running while working. Im keeping track of how much time i do nothing. Not laziness, just nothing to do.

Office job?

good guess, but pharmacy technician. i wait (emphasis on wait) for medicine batches to arrive, and i deliver it to the different hospital units. methinks i'll just start to read books on my phone.

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#872 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:07 pm

cpfsf wrote:
southern wolf wrote:

Office job?

good guess, but pharmacy technician. i wait (emphasis on wait) for medicine batches to arrive, and i deliver it to the different hospital units. methinks i'll just start to read books on my phone.

do you do the 'one for you, one for me, one for you, one for me' when you're counting out prescriptions?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#873 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 pm

anybody seen the Better Call Saul premier yet? I have high hopes for that show.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#874 » by southern wolf » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:16 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:anybody seen the Better Call Saul premier yet? I have high hopes for that show.

I've watched the first two episodes. It's been good so far.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#875 » by Basti » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:anybody seen the Better Call Saul premier yet? I have high hopes for that show.

I have yet to see it but I'm really looking forward to. Watching some trailers of the show I'm so glad to see Mike back on screen. He was probably my favorite character on Breaking Bad.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#876 » by C.lupus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:15 pm

WTH, my time zone got reset to GMT. I did not approve that change RealGM. :evil:
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#877 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:10 pm

The idiot in DC who decided it was a good idea to force software updates and computer restarts at 1:00pm on Tuesdays for 80,000 employees needs to be fired.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#878 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:22 pm

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... s-rankings

Only 1 MN team (Wild) is a believer in analytics. 3 out of 4 (Twins/Vikings/Wolves) are non-believers or skeptics.

Only 1 MN team (Wild) is worth a damn. 3 out of 4 (Twins/Vikings/Wolves) are trying to climb out of the gutter.

Luckily I don't believe in analytics, so those stats don't mean anything to me. My gut instinct tells me things are going to turn around.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#879 » by cpfsf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... s-rankings

Only 1 MN team (Wild) is a believer in analytics. 3 out of 4 (Twins/Vikings/Wolves) are non-believers or skeptics.

Only 1 MN team (Wild) is worth a damn. 3 out of 4 (Twins/Vikings/Wolves) are trying to climb out of the gutter.

Luckily I don't believe in analytics, so those stats don't mean anything to me. My gut instinct tells me things are going to turn around.

link fail

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#880 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:18 pm

cpfsf wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... s-rankings

link fail

should i fix it? i'm getting pretty sleepy

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12331388/the-great-analytics-rankings

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves