ImageImageImage

NCAA Basketball Thread (2013-14)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Re: NCAA Basketball Thread (2013-14) 

Post#41 » by MinneOOPalis » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:00 am

Gary Harris, Glen Robinson III, and Maro Hezonja are my preferences right now at 10-12 though.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#42 » by The J Rocka » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:53 am

Worm Guts wrote:I'm not quite sold yet on Embiid being the sure-fire number one overall pick type player that Bilas was selling him as today. Maybe I just need to see more.

I don't think many teams would pass on Wiggins and Parker. He'll go between 3-5 IMO. I'd watch him more, definitely. His post moves can look a little slow but they're fluid. Once he adds more strength he'll be even better.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by The J Rocka » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:56 am

Sakuragi_ wrote:Gary Harris, Glen Robinson III, and Maro Hezonja are my preferences right now at 10-12 though.

Wayne Selden is another favorite of mine if he declares. His stats don't tell you the entire story. If he was on another team he would be averaging 17-22 ppg. He's an all-around swingman. Just needs to work on his aggressiveness and attacking the basket more. He has an NBA jumpshot.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Post#44 » by Worm Guts » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:37 pm

The J Rocka wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:I'm not quite sold yet on Embiid being the sure-fire number one overall pick type player that Bilas was selling him as today. Maybe I just need to see more.

I don't think many teams would pass on Wiggins and Parker. He'll go between 3-5 IMO. I'd watch him more, definitely. His post moves can look a little slow but they're fluid. Once he adds more strength he'll be even better.

I think I'm just a little put off by the comparisons to Olajuwon. Embiid is obviously not on the same tier Hakeem, Ewing or Shaq were as prospects. That doesn't mean he couldn't still be the number one pick, but I think he'll have to prove it over the course of the season.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst

Post#45 » by MinneOOPalis » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:25 pm

So is Wiggins not the clear number 1 anymore? OR can someone like Parker or Exum take his spot?
BCP27
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#46 » by BCP27 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Sakuragi_ wrote:So is Wiggins not the clear number 1 anymore? OR can someone like Parker or Exum take his spot?

From what I've heard, Parker has taken his spot. He looks more prepared for the NBA, while Wiggins is still this raw athletic talent that needs some time to develop.

Don't expect me to back up that opinion, because it's not mine. I don't really follow college hoop, so I'm going off of what I've heard.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by The J Rocka » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:55 pm

BCP27 wrote:
Sakuragi_ wrote:So is Wiggins not the clear number 1 anymore? OR can someone like Parker or Exum take his spot?

From what I've heard, Parker has taken his spot. He looks more prepared for the NBA, while Wiggins is still this raw athletic talent that needs some time to develop.

Don't expect me to back up that opinion, because it's not mine. I don't really follow college hoop, so I'm going off of what I've heard.

That's what it's starting to look like for now, but with Wiggins' defense, many feel his shooting down the road will improve consistently making him the "better" overall player. Jabari looks like a pure NBA scorer with pretty 'meh' defense, but like the great Dick Vitale says, "He's a superstar baby!!".
MinneOOPalis
Analyst

Post#48 » by MinneOOPalis » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:52 am

If i were a team like the wolves or bobcats i would take parker cause i would have no faith in their player development.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#49 » by Maefteda » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:01 am

I think Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are all a lock for top 3, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Embiid picked first. Personally I prefer Wiggins. He plays defense and will be great offensively in the NBA with time, even though Parker is more ready. Who goes first depends on the team though. If we would be so lucky to get to choose between them, then Parker might be the way to go, as we need an alpha dog so bad.

As for what we can get if we end up at 10-12, I'm warming to Gary Harris, but we really need someone who can take over late in games and create for himself. James Young might fit the bill, but I'm not sure yet. His FT% worries me, like it does with LaVine and Exum.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#50 » by FinnTheHuman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:25 am

Maefteda wrote:I think Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are all a lock for top 3, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Embiid picked first. Personally I prefer Wiggins. He plays defense and will be great offensively in the NBA with time, even though Parker is more ready. Who goes first depends on the team though. If we would be so lucky to get to choose between them, then Parker might be the way to go, as we need an alpha dog so bad.

As for what we can get if we end up at 10-12, I'm warming to Gary Harris, but we really need someone who can take over late in games and create for himself. James Young might fit the bill, but I'm not sure yet. His FT% worries me, like it does with LaVine and Exum.

If we end up 10-12, I'll have some serious health issues.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by The J Rocka » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:10 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Maefteda wrote:I think Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are all a lock for top 3, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Embiid picked first. Personally I prefer Wiggins. He plays defense and will be great offensively in the NBA with time, even though Parker is more ready. Who goes first depends on the team though. If we would be so lucky to get to choose between them, then Parker might be the way to go, as we need an alpha dog so bad.

If we end up 10-12, I'll have some serious health issues.

Can still get a good talent near the end of the lotto. Barely missing the POs and giving the Suns our first would take another 5 years out of my life.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#52 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 1, 2014 8:12 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNCBB/status/439762373033734144[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves