ImageImageImage

Adelman to consider retirement after this season.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Adelman to consider retirement after this season. 

Post#21 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:55 pm

What about Drazen Petrovic ?
Adelman almost ruined the career of the best european player of all time in Portland

He talk about that ?
Timberpuppy
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#22 » by Timberpuppy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:49 pm

George Karl!
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#23 » by LibertyPrime » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:55 pm

Calinks wrote:I cant even fathom how the emotions I would feel if they announced Wittman was our new coach.

I bet Shabazz hopes Adelman retires though.

I would quit following the team if Wittman was the hire. If it didn't work with KG in the fold, it won't work now. Rather just have Flip, and honestly I'm not super jazzed about that either.
"The last domino falls here!"
Wolves_Nation
Bench Warmer
And1: 403

Post#24 » by Wolves_Nation » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Fred Hoiberg. I'll keep saying it until it happens. In fact, I think it's time for a new avi.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#25 » by shangrila » Sat Feb 1, 2014 2:58 am

Good, go. I'm tired of watching Cunningham and Barea getting minutes they don't deserve, and of frankly lazy substitution/rotations.

IMO Rick mailed it in when the team started losing. He needs to go.
Howard Cosell
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#26 » by Howard Cosell » Sat Feb 1, 2014 3:33 am

I haven't posted here in months...but tonight....HOLYSMOKE.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Adelman.

Tonight was a disgrace. How in the hell do you sit Rubio out the whole 4th quarter?

How in the hell do you play JJ the whole 4th quarter.

Memphis had easy entry passes the whole 4th...no sweat. The Twolves just launched 3333's from 26 feet out.

Rubio played his ass off in the 3rd.

Adelman has no clue what the hell he is doing...no rhyme or reason to his rotations.

Get out!
Raymond437
Junior
And1: 37

Post#27 » by Raymond437 » Sat Feb 1, 2014 4:25 am

I think Adelman should retirement now if he really can't see the impact of Rubio in 3rd quarter
trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Post#28 » by trevor0333 » Sat Feb 1, 2014 6:35 am

I have a huge amount of respect for Adelman. He brings instant credibility & has been alright in his tenure at MN.

That said I'm not convinced he's the right coach for "this" team. It seems like he has been a bit too rigid in his ways.

I'm with the other posters thoughts of this is Hoibergs job to lose
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#29 » by MinneOOPalis » Sat Feb 1, 2014 6:42 am

Would Hoiberg even leave iowa st?

he seems pretty comfortable there.

Edit: The more I read about him the more he seems like he could be a steal. He was even able to help Royce White help get over his fear of flying. The quote in the article was "I would follow coach into a volcano. He makes me feel comfortable." And that he thought of Hoiberg as a friend or father figure more so than a coach.

This dude legit seems like Bizzaro Adelman.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#30 » by Basti » Sat Feb 1, 2014 10:34 am

Hiring The Mayor only makes sense if we rebuild/retool in the summer. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Love will demand we'd go for a proven head coach.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#31 » by Feilong » Sat Feb 1, 2014 1:12 pm

http://i61.tinypic.com/33y5es9.jpg

I left Barcelona, a championship team, a gorgeous sunny city to watch masterminds Barea and Adelman lose the game.

I would be depressed, how about you?
Twolves1Fan
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#32 » by Twolves1Fan » Sat Feb 1, 2014 1:27 pm

I've never really been one to scream and yell about coaching and such but wow! When you leave Rubio on the bench for the entire 4th quarter while JJ is launching 3's (admittingly he hit a couple) and playing bad defense and not getting us into any flow on offense I just have to wonder WTH is going on with Adelman?

Rubio played his ass off and made play after play in the 3rd quarter helping lead us back from a huge deficit only to not even see the floor at all in the 4th?

This isn't just moaning and groaning because of Ricky not playing this game in the 4th but overall it's been an odd pattern of rotations and stuff that make me wonder what Adelman is seeing out there. And it's been going on for quite a while now.

I think we have a playoff caliber team but it's just not working. And I pray to God we don't decide to blow it up yet again cause we have some very good young players in place now. I think they just need some fresh direction and creativity to get them going. Chemistry or trust or something just seems off and that starts with Adelman in my humble opinion.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#33 » by MinneOOPalis » Sat Feb 1, 2014 1:33 pm

Basti wrote:Hiring The Mayor only makes sense if we rebuild/retool in the summer. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Love will demand we'd go for a proven head coach.

That is true. But Im sure Love wouldnt mind a coach that gives his players freedom to make plays. We have two of the best passers at their position so such a strict offensive system is not necessary.

Whatever coach we get completely depends on the direction we decide to go this offseason. If we plan keeping Love then George Karl seems like the most logical choice if we are going for a proven coach.

But if we dont make the playoffs then Hoiberg seems like the best choice from the candidates we know of.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#34 » by FinnTheHuman » Sat Feb 1, 2014 1:50 pm

Just get a PnR coach with emphasis on D. It is the best system for our roster, and there are a lot of coaches who fit the description.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#35 » by Basti » Sat Feb 1, 2014 2:08 pm

Not too big of a fan of George Karl's but if he was available I wouldn't mind. In a perfect world, though, I'd love to see JVG as our next head coach.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#36 » by Nitroglycerin » Sat Feb 1, 2014 2:39 pm

if Adelman did retire, I'd love Lionel Hollins to be here and see if he can convince our players to play defense
Trust the PRosas!
criteriado
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#37 » by criteriado » Sat Feb 1, 2014 2:53 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:if Adelman did retire, I'd love Lionel Hollins to be here and see if he can convince our players to play defense

Why people think that we don't play defense? We're 9th on D with no rim protector. An when Rubio is on the court we're 5 th on D.

Without a rim protector is almost impossible be better than that. I hate Adelman but the defense is fine. The offense with the starters is also really good (I'd like more Pnr), but the bench is absolutely terrible and he loves Barea because he can shoot (48%TS, when Rubio has 47,3% TS).....Both are terrible at shooting, but there's a reason why our defense is better when Rubio is on the floor. (our offense too, but Adelman is stubborn)
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#38 » by Sothron » Sat Feb 1, 2014 3:11 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:if Adelman did retire, I'd love Lionel Hollins to be here and see if he can convince our players to play defense

Defense isn't a problem. As long as Pek and Love are here that means no rim protector at all in the starting lineup. The team plays defense. It just needs a better backup point guard that doesn't play hero ball and for the coach to let Rubio play in the fourth.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#39 » by C.lupus » Sat Feb 1, 2014 4:22 pm

I've given Adelman a lot of slack and have defended him but it's time for him to go. Flip has to think about the future of this team and Kevin Love is it. They have to do something right now to right this ship because this team is not a playoff team. A coaching change may just be the thing.

Flip for interim coach.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#40 » by AQuintus » Sat Feb 1, 2014 5:12 pm

Basti wrote:Hiring The Mayor only makes sense if we rebuild/retool in the summer. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Love will demand we'd go for a proven head coach.

In that case, I'd be fine with trading Love for assets.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves