ImageImageImage

Twolves @ Atlanta

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Re: Twolves @ Atlanta 

Post#201 » by Yes We Kahn » Sun Feb 2, 2014 2:33 pm

Ice32 wrote:I cant believe how bad Chase is right now - a 3.95 PER and 31% FG for 4 pts in 16 mpg

Is he still in his 'training camp' mode, because he should be close to 100% right? I understand fatigue and lateral movements etc impact his rhythm, but his shooting is way off.

People here hang $hit on Brewer every game, but at least he's shooting a respectable 46% FG - cant exactly replace him with Bud can we??

Why does every one of your posts come back to the incredibly below average Corey Brewer?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#202 » by C.lupus » Sun Feb 2, 2014 2:58 pm

urinesane wrote:Why don't we have Andre Miller yet?

He is in the doghouse in Denver and Robinson had ACL surgery.

They need a PG, we need someone to run the 2nd unit and allow them to play together and off of each other.

JJ Out
Miller In

How hasn't this happened yet?

Denver doesn't want JJ. Miller's contract is only guaranteed for $2 million next year so they would be getting a worse player that costs more. They might listen if Flip threw in a sweetener but our sweeteners aren't exactly sweet, either.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#203 » by urinesane » Sun Feb 2, 2014 6:48 pm

C.lupus wrote:
urinesane wrote:Why don't we have Andre Miller yet?

He is in the doghouse in Denver and Robinson had ACL surgery.

They need a PG, we need someone to run the 2nd unit and allow them to play together and off of each other.

JJ Out
Miller In

How hasn't this happened yet?

Denver doesn't want JJ. Miller's contract is only guaranteed for $2 million next year so they would be getting a worse player that costs more. They might listen if Flip threw in a sweetener but our sweeteners aren't exactly sweet, either.

They would be getting a player they will play vs one that will sit because the coach doesn't like him though.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#204 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 2, 2014 8:49 pm

When you miss as much time as Chase has, it jacks up your game. Your body has to recover to the point where you can play again but also all that missed time away from Elite level basketball hurts your skills considerably. You put years in sharpening your mind and body into razor thin motions that you replicate to achieve success, you miss all the time he has in the last two seasons and that throws all of that off.

Chase probably wont be 100 percent until next season because of this. Being healthy is only part of coming back from a major injury. That's why I was telling people early in the year that Chase coming back wont solve our problems. He likely wont be himself for a long time. I think Adelman may want to consider giving Shabazz some of those minutes. Chase does need to play to get his legs back but we also need someone who can contribute. Shabazz may wind up being more of a liability than Chase but he may also wind up being more of a benefit to us. He should get the chance.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#205 » by Feilong » Sun Feb 2, 2014 9:06 pm

Calinks wrote:When you miss as much time as Chase has, it jacks up your game. Your body has to recover to the point where you can play again but also all that missed time away from Elite level basketball hurts your skills considerably. You put years in sharpening your mind and body into razor thin motions that you replicate to achieve success, you miss all the time he has in the last two seasons and that throws all of that off.

Chase probably wont be 100 percent until next season because of this. Being healthy is only part of coming back from a major injury. That's why I was telling people early in the year that Chase coming back wont solve our problems. He likely wont be himself for a long time. I think Adelman may want to consider giving Shabazz some of those minutes. Chase does need to play to get his legs back but we also need someone who can contribute. Shabazz may wind up being more of a liability than Chase but he may also wind up being more of a benefit to us. He should get the chance.

I have to partially disagree here. I am from Europe and from my experience here when a player has a major foot injury the only thing that he can do during rehabilitation is shooting without movement. So in Europe players after these kinds of injures have better FT% and 3PFG% and worse 2PFG%. I am surprised that he is so bad at shooting open 3s.
Yes We Kahn
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#206 » by Yes We Kahn » Sun Feb 2, 2014 9:19 pm

Feilong wrote:
Calinks wrote:When you miss as much time as Chase has, it jacks up your game. Your body has to recover to the point where you can play again but also all that missed time away from Elite level basketball hurts your skills considerably. You put years in sharpening your mind and body into razor thin motions that you replicate to achieve success, you miss all the time he has in the last two seasons and that throws all of that off.

I have to partially disagree here. I am from Europe and from my experience here when a player has a major foot injury the only thing that he can do during rehabilitation is shooting without movement. So in Europe players after these kinds of injures have better FT% and 3PFG% and worse 2PFG%. I am surprised that he is so bad at shooting open 3s.

Shooting comes from the legs and he had knee surgery. Additionally, shooting is going to suffer when you are fatigued. Its not that surprising that he has struggled with shooting as he works back into shape.
Hambone93
Starter
And1: 501

Post#207 » by Hambone93 » Sun Feb 2, 2014 9:45 pm

yeah, I'm not ready to start crucifying chase here. He needs time, we should give him time.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#208 » by urinesane » Tue Feb 4, 2014 3:27 am

Feilong wrote:

Foot is not the same as knee. It takes time to strengthen the knee after these types of procedures. Just remember how Rubio struggled when he first came back last season, Chase will need a couple months to get back into form. This is the NBA, it's not easy to jump on a train going full speed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves