ImageImageImage

Any chance Phil Jackson comes to the Twolves?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

criteriado
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Re: Any chance Phil Jackson comes to the Twolves? 

Post#21 » by criteriado » Sun Mar 9, 2014 7:13 pm

Oh god. After reading that after Hoiberg..YES PLEASE. A lot of 3s and he believes in the data. I want a coach that's smart.
djeros612
Junior
And1: 83

Post#22 » by djeros612 » Sun Mar 9, 2014 10:52 pm

Hoiberg went and played at the same high school as Harrison Barnes Ames high in Iowa , my grandparents both taught at Iowa state uni , lol id love Hoiberg to come coach , dad grew up watching his games in person at the high school and in college.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#23 » by packforfreedom » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 am

Well, I'm all in for Hoiberg. He might be our only chance to get a modern young coach. In general, our front office would never consider one of "these young coaches with their math-thing". But Hoiberg is "family", which is the one of the most important qualifications for our FO.

I can see it now:

Hoiberg's becoming our coach, we get a higher lottery-pick than expected. Hoiberg convinces Love to stay another year and shows Ricky how to shoot. We make some good trades to get rid of Barea, Budinger, LRMAM and maybe Martin and Brew. Ricky is happy again, so is Shved who finally becomes a solid combo-guard. Muhammad gets playing time. Minnesota becomes the most exciting team in the nba. Fighting for homecourt advantage in the playoffs. Hoiberg Coach of the Year, Love MVP, Love resings. Happy end.
djeros612
Junior
And1: 83

Post#24 » by djeros612 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:20 am

packforfreedom wrote:Well, I'm all in for Hoiberg. He might be our only chance to get a modern young coach. In general, our front office would never consider one of "these young coaches with their math-thing". But Hoiberg is "family", which is the one of the most important qualifications for our FO.

I can see it now:

Hoiberg's becoming our coach, we get a higher lottery-pick than expected. Hoiberg convinces Love to stay another year and shows Ricky how to shoot. We make some good trades to get rid of Barea, Budinger, LRMAM and maybe Martin and Brew. Ricky is happy again, so is Shved who finally becomes a solid combo-guard. Muhammad gets playing time. Minnesota becomes the most exciting team in the nba. Fighting for homecourt advantage in the playoffs. Hoiberg Coach of the Year, Love MVP, Love resings. Happy end.

Lol if only if only .

Would really like to see a roster like

Coach Hoiberg

Rubio/shved?/fa signing
Martin/bazz/draft pick
Bazz/brewer
Love/Taj Gibson
Pek /turiaf/dieng

*bazz , if he can prove he can play solid minutes with consistent production much rather have brewer as our 6th man and bud filling in the extra minutes .
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#25 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:37 am

Klomp wrote:As a reminder, the names thrown around last summer when Flip was named GM: JB Bickerstaff, Tom Izzo

Izzo would be a pipe dream, I'd gladly take him though.

Hoiberg is also someone I'd want.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#26 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:32 am

I would love Steve Kerr to be the wolves next head coach if he's willing.
jfg
Junior
And1: 45

Post#27 » by jfg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 am

We need a coach who we can stick with. Look at how the Raptors have done sticking with Casey. You need to give a coach time, give him his players and be willing to get rid of the ones who don't fit no matter who they are, and get his philosophy implemented within the core. If we would have done those things with any of the coaches we've fired, things would be different now.

I loved the Adelman signing at the time, but it was a desperation move and it didn't work out. I kind of hope Adelman stays around one more season because anybody new we get is going to be judged on whether the Wolves get to the playoffs and more importantly if Love bolts. If Love goes, a new coach gets one season with the current team and then has to start the rebuild the next season. Basically, he's doomed for failure unless magic can happen next season. I'd rather see the new coach brought in if Adelman can't turn it around next season and Love leaves and for the first time in franchise history allowing that coach to have a bumpy road and implement a system.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,922

Post#28 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 am

Its another one of Kahn's moves...

Looked great early, but after awhile the hype disappeared and there was no growth

Adelman
Shved

There are others, but I'll stop.

Rubio could join the list soon too, because I'm not convinced Ricky's issues are 100% to blame on Adelman like the rest of you are.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#29 » by southern wolf » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 am

Takingbaconback wrote:I would love Steve Kerr to be the wolves next head coach if he's willing.

Now that would be nice. There's talk of him going to New York with Jackson.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#30 » by C.lupus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Klomp wrote:Its another one of Kahn's moves...

Looked great early, but after awhile the hype disappeared and there was no growth

Adelman
Shved

There are others, but I'll stop.

Rubio could join the list soon too, because I'm not convinced Ricky's issues are 100% to blame on Adelman like the rest of you are.

It's about 50/50 the way I see it.
volk_bart
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#31 » by volk_bart » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

I hope for a young coach too, who

a: teaches defense

b: teaches more defense

and

c: let Ricky run the offense
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#32 » by Basti » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

jfg wrote:We need a coach who we can stick with. Look at how the Raptors have done sticking with Casey. You need to give a coach time, give him his players and be willing to get rid of the ones who don't fit no matter who they are, and get his philosophy implemented within the core. If we would have done those things with any of the coaches we've fired, things would be different now.

I loved the Adelman signing at the time, but it was a desperation move and it didn't work out. I kind of hope Adelman stays around one more season because anybody new we get is going to be judged on whether the Wolves get to the playoffs and more importantly if Love bolts. If Love goes, a new coach gets one season with the current team and then has to start the rebuild the next season. Basically, he's doomed for failure unless magic can happen next season. I'd rather see the new coach brought in if Adelman can't turn it around next season and Love leaves and for the first time in franchise history allowing that coach to have a bumpy road and implement a system.

If Adelman were to stay another season Barea has to be traded without any questions asked. Ideally he'd get traded regardless but the combination of JJ and RA is killing us. I wouldn't mind if Martin was traded, too.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves