ImageImageImage

If Minnesota wins the #3 pick in the lotto...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Re: If Minnesota wins the #3 pick in the lotto... 

Post#41 » by Narf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Narf wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:I never saw him as a 3, but only as an undersized 4. I always thought he'd be a David West or Paul Milsap type of player.

And I was clearly wrong about that. D. Williams himself said before the draft he thought he'd be an NBA 3. There are a lot of skilled, big bodied SFs in the NBA now.

But he still killed everyone from everywhere on the floor and took people to the hoop all day in college

But then he had the luxury of matching up against college 4's and 5's.

Is that your way of saying you were mistaken, and he was great at creating offense for himself in college, great from mid range and 3, and great at taking players off the dribble?? Then magically turned into hot garbage in the NBA and couldn't hit the same mid-range shot he'd taken for 2 years and hit in college?

Anyway, I think I have a new plan. If I got the #3 pick, I'd try and trade up for Wiggins at #2. If Embiid goes #1, it'd depend on what the #2 person values more.

Muhammad/#3 for #2 to get Wiggins?
Maybe #40?
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#42 » by MinneOOPalis » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 am

Dwill is dumb and lazy.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#43 » by Worm Guts » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:23 am

DWill only took like 10 shots per game in college. He didn't create a ton of offense, he just made everything.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#44 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Narf wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Narf wrote:And I was clearly wrong about that. D. Williams himself said before the draft he thought he'd be an NBA 3. There are a lot of skilled, big bodied SFs in the NBA now.

But he still killed everyone from everywhere on the floor and took people to the hoop all day in college

But then he had the luxury of matching up against college 4's and 5's.

Is that your way of saying you were mistaken, and he was great at creating offense for himself in college, great from mid range and 3, and great at taking players off the dribble?? Then magically turned into hot garbage in the NBA and couldn't hit the same mid-range shot he'd taken for 2 years and hit in college?

Anyway, I think I have a new plan. If I got the #3 pick, I'd try and trade up for Wiggins at #2. If Embiid goes #1, it'd depend on what the #2 person values more.

Muhammad/#3 for #2 to get Wiggins?
Maybe #40?

Maybe we have a different perception of creating offense and taking players off the dribble. You make him sound like Jamal Crawford. I don't think straight line drives against mismatches amounts to what I consider creating offense and taking players off the dribble.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
bringWallyBack
Junior
And1: 310

Post#45 » by bringWallyBack » Tue May 6, 2014 2:04 pm

What about the idea that if we get a top 3 pick maybe trade the pick for a more established player?

Maybe make the attempt of getting someone like Klay Thompson or Bradley Beal. A second tier star and sell the idea that in the long run the other team will get a better player. Meanwhile the Wolves will get a player that fits in a system that with Kevin Love.

Any thoughts?
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

If Minnesota wins the #3 pick in the lotto... 

Post#46 » by Streakers33 » Tue May 6, 2014 2:41 pm

If. And if we in that spot. We do whatever it takes to move to spot with wiggins. He only one in top three who will be an impact now. And why not? Flip has to do something extreme right? Maybe that be all he needs to do. Losing a future draft pick or/& 3 second rounders this year to get the guy that matters. That's what winners do.

Or

If u can't, even by over paying a lil, get wiggins. Trade it. U will easily get a few picks in future and probably an established player. Plus. Whoever we trade it to will probably have cap room and they must take a dead contract or two from us as we nab a better player off their roster. I like this better if we don't get wiggins. Off it goes to Orlando for AA and another young guy for the pick and eating chase, LMAM, and jj contract. Or get Otto from Washington. Tons of potential and can't be played now so no one sees it. Cuz they need to win now. Idk.
Thoughts? Basically I'm agreeing with bringwallyback!!
deliriousmouse
Rookie
And1: 169

Post#47 » by deliriousmouse » Wed May 7, 2014 1:11 am

Can Parker play SF? Will it be another Derrick Williams situation?

Wiggins>Emiid>Exum>Parker in terms of team needs rather then best player
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#48 » by Jukeness » Wed May 7, 2014 1:22 am

deliriousmouse wrote:Can Parker play SF? Will it be another Derrick Williams situation?

Wiggins>Emiid>Exum>Parker in terms of team needs rather then best player

Why are Wiggins and Parker that far apart when they play the same position? Embiid and Exum should be at the bottom of team needs, we have Rubio and we have Pekovic and Dieng.

If we had the #3 pick I'd think either Wiggins or Parker would be the no brainers if either were there. Otherwise I dont really like anyone else at #3 unless Exum can play SG.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#49 » by karch34 » Wed May 7, 2014 1:51 am

I like Embid, but the injuries scare me. If we get #3 and Wiggins and Parker are gone I try to trade down a few spots to target Exum, Harris, Smart, and Young. Embid might have the highest upside but right now I think we're in uncharted territory at Center talent with Pek and Dieng, but we need the wing upgrade (or PG/combo guard upgrade) and it likely wouldnt be available any other way. Might have the same warts as those available in a trade, but the cost is much better for those warts going through the draft.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#50 » by MinneOOPalis » Wed May 7, 2014 4:08 am

Parker is the ultimate insurance if Love leaves.
AttackTheRack
Junior
And1: 82

Post#51 » by AttackTheRack » Wed May 7, 2014 4:37 am

Wow. That would be unreal. A gift from the Fates. You get a stud at 3. Of the top guys, you want Wiggins or Parker. I like the Exum at the 2 idea, though. If he's got the skills and the willingness, maybe you pull the trigger. Martin just isn't good enough, that's for sure.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves