ImageImageImage

Does anyone want Thompson, Waiters, or Bennett?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Antrim
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Re: Does anyone want Thompson, Waiters, or Bennett? 

Post#21 » by Antrim » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 pm

wolves_89 wrote:
Antrim wrote:
T-d0t wrote:Horrible offer, tell Cavs to include Wiggins or Gtfo

Every day that goes by the Wolves lose some leverage. One less day for Love to run away.

I actually think the Wolves are gaining leverage at the moment. Right now Cleveland, GS, and Boston are all interested in Love. If Anthony returns to New York, Chicago would also be likely to come calling. I can see decent possible deals from GS (Thompson, Lee, Barnes), Chicago (Gibson, Butler, Mirotic), and Cleveland (Wiggins+). It only takes one of those three to agree.

Here's the thing. If Love tells GS and Boston he'd only sign with Cleveland, they don't even make offers. And even though it is true that the Wolves could say "well, in that case we won't send you to Cleveland because we don't like their offer" (and that's THE leverage the Wolves have at this moment), Love could threaten with letting his contract expire and the Wolves would get absolutely nothing in return instead of two young players with some potential (Waiters and Bennett, Cavs aren't trading Thompson) and a bunch of picks.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#22 » by guille_4 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:26 pm

wolves_89 wrote:
Antrim wrote:
T-d0t wrote:Horrible offer, tell Cavs to include Wiggins or Gtfo

Every day that goes by the Wolves lose some leverage. One less day for Love to run away.

I actually think the Wolves are gaining leverage at the moment. Right now Cleveland, GS, and Boston are all interested in Love. If Anthony returns to New York, Chicago would also be likely to come calling. I can see decent possible deals from GS (Thompson, Lee, Barnes), Chicago (Gibson, Butler, Mirotic), and Cleveland (Wiggins+). It only takes one of those three to agree.

No one said that was the offer.

Wiggins has got to be part of the deal, I'm pretty sure the Cavs know that.

I'm not so sure about whether Dion Waiters will be part of the deal.

I'm actually very happy about the trade. We surround Rubio with young, athletic players that can run and finish plays.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#23 » by Wolf_Cry » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:28 pm

This deal is so garbage the garbage man would charge me extra for picking it up.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,987

Post#24 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 3m
Second NBA source: The Warriors have no plans to offer Klay Thompson to Minnesota, even if CLE comes in aggressively for Kevin Love.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#25 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Antrim wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:
Antrim wrote:

Here's the thing. If Love tells GS and Boston he'd only sign with Cleveland, they don't even make offers. And even though it is true that the Wolves could say "well, in that case we won't send you to Cleveland because we don't like their offer" (and that's THE leverage the Wolves have at this moment), Love could threaten with letting his contract expire and the Wolves would get absolutely nothing in return instead of two young players with some potential (Waiters and Bennett, Cavs aren't trading Thompson) and a bunch of picks.

Well, Love hasn't said he'd only sign in Cleveland, so let's cross that bridge when we come to it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#26 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 pm

Antrim wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:
Antrim wrote:

Rather keep Love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And try to win with him, like Portland (LA Aldridge) did last year, and if we make the playoffs and in the final of season, he still wants to get out.
That´s ok. We learn that after all, he doesnt want to win, like he says, he just wants a big market.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,973

Post#27 » by wolves_89 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Antrim wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:
Antrim wrote:

From all reports, the only place Love has made any definitive statement about resigning was with Cleveland (before LeBron he was rumored to say he would not resign). All indications are that GS and Boston were acceptable destinations. I would also suspect Chicago would be acceptable as well.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,987

Post#28 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 6m
Multiple sources indicate that Steve Kerr wants to coach this roster the way it is, especially Klay Thompson paired with Curry.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#29 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Let's hope Melo makes up his mind, and it's not Chicago. Otherwise we could be in a tough position with GSW and CLE playing hard ball.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#30 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:37 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 6m
Multiple sources indicate that Steve Kerr wants to coach this roster the way it is, especially Klay Thompson paired with Curry.

That's weak sauce. He doesn't want the added pressure of having to compete in the West. Just has to top Marc Jackson's mess last year.

funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#31 » by funkatron101 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Many Warriors fans are now kicking themselves at the prospect of losing Love to Cleveland.

I think this is all posturing, waiting to see who cracks first.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#32 » by The J Rocka » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Krapinsky wrote:

That's weak sauce. He doesn't want the added pressure of having to compete in the West. Just has to top Marc Jackson's mess last year.

Nobody in that FO has the cojones to make a gamble that big. They've always seemed content standing pat with what they have. Teams that become great take gambles and they'll realize quick that it was a mistake to stand pat.
Antrim
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#33 » by Antrim » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Antrim wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

Well, Love hasn't said he'd only sign in Cleveland, so let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Well, up to a couple hours ago no one even knew where LeBron was going to be playing.

We really don't know what Love has said or not said. I'm just saying that it is a possibiliy that he can threaten the Wolves with, and if I was Love I'd do everything I can to play with LeBron.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#34 » by Sothron » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:44 pm

I don't want any of the Cavs young guys except Wiggins. We'll have to take at least one or two more for matching salary reasons but they are all busts. TT is an "athletic" PF with no inside game, no outside game and has zero shot blocking instincts. Waiters is Kevin Martin 2.0 without the ability to draw fouls but with all the ball stopping random jump shooting no defense we came to hate this past season in Martin. Don't even get me started on the epic bust of Bennett.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Wolf_Cry » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Waiters is half the player Martin is.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#36 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Wolf_Cry wrote:Waiters is half the player Martin is.

:lol: I can't much more. Please stop you guys. No more.

trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Post#37 » by trevor0333 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Waiters has value but I'm not sure how he fits on this team. He's the epitome of a guy who has more value in a trade than what he will give to the team. Thompson is a nice player but is in the last year of his deal and is someone you can find for what he will be paid with the MLE most years.

Bennett has to be included for his salary & he provides the best chance to recoup value at the back end. Wiggins is the only true potential superstar & is my choice as the fave behind Klay to replace Love.

Honestly I push for a 3 team trade where the Wolves get Wiggins/Bennett/future 1st for Love/Martin with Barea/Budinger going to a 3rd team with cap space for a protected 1st. Wolves future cap sheet looks much cleaner.

Rubio/Shved/Lavine
Turner/Wiggins
Brewer/Shabazz/GR3
Humphries/Bennett/Moute
Pek/Dieng
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#38 » by Swish4 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Posturing. Nothing more.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Wolf_Cry » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:Waiters is half the player Martin is.

:lol: I can't much more. Please stop you guys. No more.

Lol it's true. What does Waiters even offer that is serviceable? Bad shooter, bad defender, sour attitude. I suppose he could make plays here and there, but nothing special. He's young though so he might become decent eventually, but right now Martin > Waiters.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#40 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:02 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/487686549220233216[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves