LaVine's Immediate Contributions

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

LaVine's Immediate Contributions 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 pm

What do you expect from him going into the season? Have these first few games of summer league changed your impressions of him as a player? What kind of numbers can he produce as a rookie?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Re: LaVine's Immediate Contributions 

Post#2 » by theGreatRC » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:52 pm

I expect him to be a fan favorite and shock the basketball world by making 14ppg/4apg contributions and everyone falling in love with his potential to be the next Westbrook.

Dead serious.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#3 » by Krapinsky » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:57 pm

I think he'll have numbers similar to his numbers at UCLA last year, with perhaps a slight drop in shooting %'s.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#4 » by Wolf_Cry » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Flip better not bust an Adelman and refuse to play LaVine because he's a rookie. If LaVine does play, I expect 11 ppg 3 apg as a 6th man, and several dunks of the year.
Wolves_Nation
Bench Warmer
And1: 403

Post#5 » by Wolves_Nation » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Wolf_Cry wrote:Flip better not bust an Adelman and refuse to play LaVine because he's a rookie. If LaVine does play, I expect 11 ppg 3 apg as a 6th man, and several dunks of the year.

That's not happening. Lavine seems to be Flips child on this team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Wolf_Cry wrote:Flip better not bust an Adelman and refuse to play LaVine because he's a rookie. If LaVine does play, I expect 11 ppg 3 apg as a 6th man, and several dunks of the year.

The last time Flip Saunders was coach and GM and he had just drafted a 19-year old rookie, that rookie averaged 29 minutes per game and was regularly getting 40 minutes a night by the end of his rookie season.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#7 » by mandurugo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:33 pm

He'll be the star of the warm-ups. Beyond that is tough to predict, but he doesn't look as ready as Rubio was so I wouldn't expect major minutes even in a back-up role.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#8 » by Maefteda » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm

I think he's gonna be eased in and get mostly 3rd string and garbage minutes to begin with. It's up to him to show that he deserves more and if he has a "Shabazz against Phoenix"-like game, he's not gonna get buried on the bench like Muhammad got last year.

I do think he's too far away to play many meaningful minutes, but I'm less certain that he's gonna be a bust. Even with pretty bad stat-lines from him in Summer League, I like what I've seen. I think it's more difficult than ever to adjust to the NBA level now however, so I don't expect much from a guy as a raw as LaVine.
Antrim
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#9 » by Antrim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:37 pm

If Adelman was still the coach I would be very concerned.

However it's almost a guarantee that Flip will play his guy.

I loved the pick and I think he's got terrific potential. I also think that although he is really raw, his incredible athleticism can help him be productive right away, especially on a team that runs a lot with Ricky calling the shots.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Wolf_Cry » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Wolves_Nation wrote:

What's not happening? LaVine is Flip's child so he's going to get minutes or he's Flip's child and will be brought along super slowly?
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Wolf_Cry » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Klomp wrote:

The last time Flip Saunders was coach and GM and he had just drafted a 19-year old rookie, that rookie averaged 29 minutes per game and was regularly getting 40 minutes a night by the end of his rookie season.

KG?
Antrim
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Antrim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Wolf_Cry wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:

What's not happening? LaVine is Flip's child so he's going to get minutes or he's Flip's child and will be brought along super slowly?

LaVine not playing. Adelman's "system" didn't benefit anyone outside of the Kevin's, and you just traded a serviceable player and #2 pick in the Draft for a non factor just because it fitted his "system" better. Now with Flip as GM/coach you're at least going to be sure that young players are going to have a chance.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#13 » by Feilong » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Lavine will get more minutes than i originally thought.
He should play last 4 mins 1st,3rd Q with Ricky and 2-3 mins as PG 2nd,4th Q when Ricky rests.
Ofc a lot depends on who will be the starting SG, Martin or someone else.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#14 » by Sothron » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Now that we don't have Rookie Killer as a coach anymore I can see him getting minutes. The BU PG position should be up for grabs between him and Shved.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Wolf_Cry wrote:
Klomp wrote:

KG?

Correct.

guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#16 » by guest81 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:28 pm

I think you guys are going to be sorely disappointed if you think Lavine is ready to contribute next year. He wasn't even starting for goodness sake
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by guest81 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Sothron wrote:Now that we don't have Rookie Killer as a coach anymore I can see him getting minutes. The BU PG position should be up for grabs between him and Shved.

Rookie killer? I''d say Rubio and Dieng were pretty good rookies
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by guest81 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Klomp wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:
Klomp wrote:The last time Flip Saunders was coach and GM and he had just drafted a 19-year old rookie, that rookie averaged 29 minutes per game and was regularly getting 40 minutes a night by the end of his rookie season.

KG?

Correct.

Or he could be another raw rookie player like Ebi
Antrim
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Antrim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:34 pm

guest81 wrote:I think you guys are going to be sorely disappointed if you think Lavine is ready to contribute next year. He wasn't even starting for goodness sake

That he wasn't starting in college doesn't mean much, especially if his competition was the coach' son.

Westbrook in his freshman year - 9 MPG.
Westbrook in his rookie year - 15 PPG.

There's no reason why LaVine can't be a great fastbreak player from the beginning. Playing with a PG who makes everyone look better should help.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#20 » by Sothron » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:39 pm

guest81 wrote:
Sothron wrote:Now that we don't have Rookie Killer as a coach anymore I can see him getting minutes. The BU PG position should be up for grabs between him and Shved.

Rookie killer? I''d say Rubio and Dieng were pretty good rookies

If you watch the Wolves you'll see how much Adelman loved playing Rubio and how long it took for Dieng to get minutes. Hell we had Bazz single handedly win a big game in PHX with 20 points off the bench and his reward? Right back to the bench with no minutes. So glad Adelman is gone.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves