ImageImageImage

JJ Barea

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Re: JJ Barea  

Post#21 » by AQuintus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:45 pm

All signs point to the Wolves trying to ditch him for anything.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#22 » by Basti » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:43 am

phonzadellika wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:As most of you know, I'm not a fan of JJ Barea. In fact, he drives me absolute nuts with his hero ball and lack of hustling back on defense after a turnover or missed shot. I really, really can't stand the guy. For every one game he's solid, he has 8 or 9 awful games. He's also a terrible fit next to Rubio and/or Shved.

We should have kept Ridnour

I'm just think poor old soul Vindicator would have gone insane if we had kept Luke.

As far as whom I'd rather had seen on the court last year than JJ? Shved. At least with him there's more potential to have a better product on the floor.

As to what to do with him next season? Get him a gift card for his tailor so he looks nice while sitting behind the bench.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#23 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 am

I'd rather let Pek run plays than Barea. That's how much I hate him.
Suhhuhu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#24 » by Suhhuhu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:51 am

Barea is a one trick pony, you can't ask him more than what he is, a 50/50 chance of 10-13 points off the bench on decent (hot) shooting or 5-6 points and (a lot of) awful plays.
Adelman didn't use him properly, they asked him to create when he can only create (mostly) for himself, a properly used Barea can help our bench, a misused one give us the kind of crap that was his play last year.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#25 » by karch34 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:36 am

If Barea is on he's a nice little spark. But he's not a facilitator or anyone you want to play major minutes as a backup PG. Too much hero ball and pounding the ball until last few seconds on shot clock or just chucking when no one else is up the court.

Ridnour was a much better choice as back up Pg. But he was miscast his last season with us as a SG due to no one healthy. He didn't always make the best decisions either (pass up the wide open 3 for two dribbles and a bad floater in traffic), but I'd take him any day over JJ.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#26 » by Darren » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:12 am

Let's call Mark Cuban. He may offer you Felton, cash (for buyout) and a 2nd for JJB. You know Rick Carlisie has love affairs with Barea as well.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#27 » by packforfreedom » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:32 am

Flip should say to him, that he's only allowed to shoot, when he dished out an assist. one assist, one shot.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#28 » by RSCD3_ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 am

How about Bennett, wiggins , waiters, Thompson and 2 firsts for love and barea

Likely deal for David aka master of panic aka worse than khan aka manages to reverse leverage Griffin

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#29 » by shangrila » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:18 am

I could see him having a role, but you need to keep a tight leash. Give him minutes when his shot is falling and yank him when it isn't. It's when you're relying on the same thing night in night out that you run into troubles with him.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#30 » by Vindicater » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:26 am

phonzadellika wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:As most of you know, I'm not a fan of JJ Barea. In fact, he drives me absolute nuts with his hero ball and lack of hustling back on defense after a turnover or missed shot. I really, really can't stand the guy. For every one game he's solid, he has 8 or 9 awful games. He's also a terrible fit next to Rubio and/or Shved.

We should have kept Ridnour

Two wrongs do not make a right. Problem with Barea was that he was asked to do too much. Used properly he is far more valuable than Ridnour who is at best. Trash.

Here is how you use Barea.

Sub him in.

If he Is hot ride him until he is cold.

If he is cold right away then bench him and try in the next quarter.
Rick Carlisle did it perfectly.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#31 » by Saltine » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:33 am

Vindicater wrote:Two wrongs do not make a right. Problem with Barea was that he was asked to do too much. Used properly he is far more valuable than Ridnour who is at best. Trash.

Sub him in.

I agree, he's a small, extremely streaky, shooting guard. When he's on, he kicks ass. He shouldn't be getting steady PG minutes...Oh well, he's an expiring deal now, he may be gone soon.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#32 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:20 am

Saltine wrote:
Vindicater wrote:Two wrongs do not make a right. Problem with Barea was that he was asked to do too much. Used properly he is far more valuable than Ridnour who is at best. Trash.

Sub him in.

I agree, he's a small, extremely streaky, shooting guard. When he's on, he kicks ass. He shouldn't be getting steady PG minutes...Oh well, he's an expiring deal now, he may be gone soon.

Yeah, like every terrible basketball player. Goes off every 10th game, while screwing up the other nine.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#33 » by Saltine » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:31 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Saltine wrote:I agree, he's a small, extremely streaky, shooting guard. When he's on, he kicks ass. He shouldn't be getting steady PG minutes...Oh well, he's an expiring deal now, he may be gone soon.

Yeah, like every terrible basketball player. Goes off every 10th game, while screwing up the other nine.

That's not quite true. If you look at the best 34 games he played in (JJ didn't have a negative +/-) we were 26-8... we were 14-31 when he had a negative +/-. When you look closely he played fairly well in about 30 games out of 79. 38%.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... elog/2014/

His failures are memorable.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#34 » by Nitroglycerin » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:36 am

if the Love to Cavs deal gets done
Barea+Moute for Nash
Moar Canadians!
Trust the PRosas!
volk_bart
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#35 » by volk_bart » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 am

Send him to the Mavs, they love him, don´t they?

Give ous a second or two back...
Wolves_Nation
Bench Warmer
And1: 403

Post#36 » by Wolves_Nation » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:if the Love to Cavs deal gets done
Barea+Moute for Nash
Moar Canadians!

Both are expiring... Nash could be a nice mentor on this team. Is he healthy enough for some minutes?
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#37 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:02 pm

volk_bart wrote:Send him to the Mavs, they love him, don´t they?

Give ous a second or two back...

And they are getting the band back together with the addition of Chandler, I'm shocked they haven't tried to get Terry back already.

Seriously though I'd try and just buy him out if no trade can be found, save yourself some coin Glen.
cartermaxim13
Junior
And1: 69

Post#38 » by cartermaxim13 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Wolves_Nation wrote:
Barea+Moute for Nash
Moar Canadians!

Both are expiring... Nash could be a nice mentor on this team. Is he healthy enough for some minutes?

I would absolutely love this deal. Nash could be pretty important in terms of improving and mentoring Ricky and LaVine.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#39 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Barea+Moute for Nash
Moar Canadians!

I'd love that.

Plus, could you imagine the lack of ball movement when Barea and Kobe are on the floor together?
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#40 » by Sothron » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Any trade that gets Barea off our team is a good one. I hope I am not the only one that realizes that Love is leaving thanks in part to how badly Barea played last season. If we had won just some of those close games our bench aka Barea killed us in then we make the playoffs last year and Kevin stays.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves