ImageImageImage

Love Thread v7.0: Now With 50% More Leverage!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1 » by C.lupus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:45 am

Carrion
Wolves_Nation
Bench Warmer
And1: 403

Re: Love Thread v7.0: Now With 50% More Leverage! 

Post#2 » by Wolves_Nation » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 am

fart wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:
fart wrote:Waiters can be your Wiggins. Why do you refuse to embrace him as the future of this team?

Do you really need to ask that? The fact that you are so adamant on keeping Wiggins is the answer to your question.

It's not that I want to keep him, I just want your happiness which is with a Waiters/Bennett package. Waiters is a people's champion the fans of Minnesota can relate to and Bennett can be a great mentor for young Dieng and can teach him how to be an elite big in this league.

I'm sorry, what? Dieng is older and played better last year... Your comments honestly sound like a used car salesman trying to sell us a CRV saying it's a BMW.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#3 » by Adenusi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:47 am

Last thread lasted 5 days, let's see if we can go for 4 this time guys.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#4 » by Adenusi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 am

Wolves_Nation wrote:
fart wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:
Do you really need to ask that? The fact that you are so adamant on keeping Wiggins is the answer to your question.

It's not that I want to keep him, I just want your happiness which is with a Waiters/Bennett package. Waiters is a people's champion the fans of Minnesota can relate to and Bennett can be a great mentor for young Dieng and can teach him how to be an elite big in this league.

I'm sorry, what? Dieng is older and played better last year... Your comments honestly sound like a used car salesman trying to sell us a CRV saying it's a BMW.

He's being sarcastic. That's the vibe i'm getting.
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Post#5 » by Twolf16 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 am

Wolves_Nation wrote:
fart wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:

Just trolling, let it be.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,864

Post#6 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 am

+1 for the thread title
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#7 » by Esohny » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:49 am

Wolves_Nation wrote:

Why are you bothering to respond? I mean, you're wasting time on somebody named "fart" with a photo of Anderson Varejao as his avatar, for pete's sake.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Post#8 » by Twolf16 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:52 am

"Stephen A's long running Love affair is well documented, as is his Minn/Cleveland/anywhere that's isn't NY or LA bashing. His opinions don't need to be posted anywhere."

Well yours nor my opinions need to posted, yet here we are. Also, you're leaving out Skip.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#9 » by wildvikeswolves » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:56 am

Everyday there's a new Cavs/LeBron fan that comes here telling us were not getting Wiggins and that we have to trade them Love for Waiters, Bennett, and late 1st's.. :banghead: It's getting quite old. To bad it looks like this thing is gonna drag on for a little while yet.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#10 » by fart » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:56 am

Wolves_Nation wrote:
fart wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:

Listen, I am just trying to find happiness for the Wolves fans. Wiggins is not the right one for you. Waiters and Bennett can love your franchise a long time. Why do you push them away with such hate when they have showed your franchise so much love throughout their careers? Shame on you. That Wiggins aint loyal.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#11 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 am

fart wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:
fart wrote:

Listen, I am just trying to find happiness for the Wolves fans. Wiggins is not the right one for you. Waiters and Bennett can love your franchise a long time. Why do you push them away with such hate when they have showed your franchise so much love throughout their careers? Shame on you. That Wiggins aint loyal.

Another troll, please stop with this BS. Go away.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,864

Post#12 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 am

Everyone please ignore fart. He's already been warned. Let the higher-ups deal with this.
-Klomp
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,989

Post#13 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:19 am

Just saw on the RealGM timeline that SVG told Josh Smith he wouldn't be traded...interesting.

Wonder if that causes the Pistons to make Monroe available via a sign and trade.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,727

Post#14 » by DowJones » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:22 am

I agree with Minnesota fans who say no deal without Wiggins goes down. With that being said, Cleveland should or will demand Dieng be part of the deal. Take this down to the trade deadline and watch Minnesota blink. Cleveland can always see about flipping Wiggins for someone like Aldridge or Horford or they can just keep him. That is the way Cleveland should and probably will handle it. Does Minnesota want a stud like Wiggins? Well it will cost you Dieng and Love. Minny won't do that deal now, but in February I am guessing their attitude changes when they no longer have Love for a full year, but rather 2 months.
Markkbu
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#15 » by Markkbu » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 am

fart wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:
fart wrote:

Why keep on trying to polish those turds?
Howard Cosell
Rookie
And1: 267

Post#16 » by Howard Cosell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 am

With the signing of Hummel as the Twolves 14th player (Robinson is not under contact as of yet) this is a great indication that Flip has other deals in place, especially the Love deal.
C-Dub47
Junior
And1: 233

Post#17 » by C-Dub47 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:29 am

Howard Cosell wrote:With the signing of Hummel as the Twolves 14th player (Robinson is not under contact as of yet) this is a great indication that Flip has other deals in place, especially the Love deal.

That's my guess as well, especially with Taylor being on that radio show and saying that a couple veteran Free Agents want to sign here but we need to make room for them.

Really hope these things get done soon, the anticipation is killing me.
Duke4life831 wrote:Winslow > Wiggins
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#18 » by KuruptedCav » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:29 am

1) Love is a significantly better offensive player than Wiggins for the foreseeable future.
2) The Cavs have James/Irving, no trio i can remember has averaged 70ppg; Love is more valuable to the Timberwolves than the Cavs as an offensive player.
3) Love makes 3x as much as Wiggins. Wiggins can easily outplay his salary, Love will likely play at his contract.
4) Love doesn't fill the Cavs' #1 need, interior defense, but still consumes the #1 package.
5) Wiggins does fill the need for perimeter defense and athleticism, and leaves a hole if moved.

The Cavs would be better off with Horford, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Bosh, etc., to that end Cavs are settling. Obviously, it's a supply issue, but even Dieng is a better fit for what the Cavs need.

This is not a Knock on Love or the TWolves. Just wanted to share my perspective on why its not the logical fit the talking heads are shoving down our throats. Both fan bases are in the grinder.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#19 » by KuruptedCav » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:35 am

Twolf16 wrote:"Stephen A's long running Love affair is well documented, as is his Minn/Cleveland/anywhere that's isn't NY or LA bashing. His opinions don't need to be posted anywhere."

Well yours nor my opinions need to posted, yet here we are. Also, you're leaving out Skip.

Fair enough, but how many times does he have to say "I Love Me Some Love" before it gets "weird?" I was looking for the clip where him and Skip were talking about how Love is overrated from a year or so ago, and instead stumbled across his trove of "Love to LA" clips. Watching ESPN, the fact that just repeats the same "hip@ comments isn't noticeable. 5-6 bits in a row and it comes off as contrived and formulaic.

Plus, if I don't respond, how will y'all reach 100 Pages in only 4 days?
eroomlladnar
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#20 » by eroomlladnar » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:39 am

Cavs fans that want to post in this thread...

We are not moving Love for Waiters/Bennett.

Save your keystrokes

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves