ImageImageImage

Love Thread v7.0: Now With 50% More Leverage!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C-Dub47
Junior
And1: 233

Re: Love Thread v7.0: Now With 50% More Leverage! 

Post#1941 » by C-Dub47 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:58 pm

jpatrick wrote:Fans of both sides are probably over the top. We want the Cavs to give up Wiggins, Waiters, and multiple picks and the Cavs fans want Love for Waiters or if they move Wiggins, they get Dieng as well.

The truth is probably in the middle, the original deal of Bennett, Wiggins, and a #1. It's possible that Bennett is diverted to a third team (Philly) along with another asset (eg Shabazz or a pick) for a PF.

The new rhetoric coming out seems to say that Martin is staying here in Wiggins deal, which makes sense because we will sorely need shooting and scoring after that deal.

I don't know where you get this tbh...

I, and I know quite a few others, are perfectly fine with the original package that is posted. For me, I don't even care to get Waiters. I wanted him involved to get us Thad Young maybe, but it's not like they wouldn't get anything back in the Waiters deal from either us or PHI.
Duke4life831 wrote:Winslow > Wiggins
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Post#1942 » by DowJones » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Ok, if you want the poo-poo platter of whatever Chicago is offering then go ahead. If I am the Cleveland GM I would gamble that an A+ prospect like Wiggins is still the best thing on the table.

As far as who would be available for Wiggins, I have no idea. I would call Atlanta to see what they think of Al Horford. I would see if Milsap could be had for a non-Wiggins package. I would wait until the season starts and see how Portland does. LMA has only 1 year left and hasn't signed an extension. I would see how Sacramento is doing with Cousins. I would see if Larry Sanders could be had for a non-Wiggins package. Or worst case scenario we just keep Wiggins---an option I think the Cavalier front-office would be OK with. Then we wait until the off-season to see what we could get in a sign and trade for Haywood's $10 million non-guaranteed contract, a few first rounders, and maybe Anthony Bennett.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,239

Post#1943 » by Murphs56 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Twitter is a nightmare. People really think We're at a disadvantage because a report says Love will only re-sign with Cleveland. At the end of the day, I really don't think Flip cares at all what Love wants and he's not going to the Cavs unless Wiggins is coming here. And to think Love wouldn't want to play with his friend Rose in Chicago??? What if they made the finals, Love's just going to be like, yup that's it for me, In July of 2014, I said no matter what I was going to Cleveland, see ya later Chicago...
devwat12
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#1944 » by devwat12 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:11 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
3º Who the hell is going to give a superstar like K.Love for Wiggins ? Go talk to Clippers than, and see what they think of B.Grffin for Wiggins + the other scrubs. A.Davis ? Nah, who else ?

None of those guys are demanding trades so this point has no merit.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1945 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:18 pm

devwat12 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
3º Who the hell is going to give a superstar like K.Love for Wiggins ? Go talk to Clippers than, and see what they think of B.Grffin for Wiggins + the other scrubs. A.Davis ? Nah, who else ?

None of those guys are demanding trades so this point has no merit.

This point was an awser to "we can trade Wiggins for another superstar like K.Love in other place" B.Griffin has a long contract ahead, A.Davis the same, i dont see anybody else, LA Aldrige ? Forget it.
Markkbu
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#1946 » by Markkbu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:06 pm

It feels as though the quality of Cav trolls on this board is dropping.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Post#1947 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Seems like a strange time for Love to demand a trade to the Cavaliers when they were already the favorites, why risk screwing up negotiation? I wonder if all of Sam Amick's multiple sources work for the Cavs?
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#1948 » by BullsFTW » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Would you guys be interested in a separate deal with Chicago?

How about Taj for Martin & Dieng?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1949 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:20 pm

BullsFTW wrote:Would you guys be interested in a separate deal with Chicago?

That's an interesting offer, but I'd guess most here would be against trading Dieng.
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#1950 » by Swish4 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Dieng is the only untouchable guy on our roster. He won't be traded, period.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#1951 » by Adenusi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Just took a look at the Cavs board (not realgm). They have a huge K-Love thread and they think that they can Love+Noel in a three team trade with the Sixers :lol:. Never going back there again until Wiggins becomes a wolf so I can read their meltdowns.
electroman6t
Freshman
And1: 56

Post#1952 » by electroman6t » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Murphs56 wrote:Twitter is a nightmare. People really think We're at a disadvantage because a report says Love will only re-sign with Cleveland. At the end of the day, I really don't think Flip cares at all what Love wants and he's not going to the Cavs unless Wiggins is coming here. And to think Love wouldn't want to play with his friend Rose in Chicago??? What if they made the finals, Love's just going to be like, yup that's it for me, In July of 2014, I said no matter what I was going to Cleveland, see ya later Chicago...

Sure, Flip might not care. But if you think the bulls wouldn't be worried then your being naive.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1953 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Swish4 wrote:

I think untouchable is too strong of a word.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#1954 » by Adenusi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Seems like a strange time for Love to demand a trade to the Cavaliers when they were already the favorites, why risk screwing up negotiation? I wonder if all of Sam Amick's multiple sources work for the Cavs?

Look at the tweet again. He says multiple sources "under impression". Translation: I'm talking out of my ass.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#1955 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 pm

electroman6t wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:Twitter is a nightmare. People really think We're at a disadvantage because a report says Love will only re-sign with Cleveland. At the end of the day, I really don't think Flip cares at all what Love wants and he's not going to the Cavs unless Wiggins is coming here. And to think Love wouldn't want to play with his friend Rose in Chicago??? What if they made the finals, Love's just going to be like, yup that's it for me, In July of 2014, I said no matter what I was going to Cleveland, see ya later Chicago...

Sure, Flip might not care. But if you think the bulls wouldn't be worried then your being naive.

Why would the Bulls be worried?
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#1956 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:33 pm

Just wouldn't fit after a Love-Wiggins trade. Especially with Pek's nagging injuries.
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#1957 » by Swish4 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Swish4 wrote:

I think untouchable is too strong of a word.

Well I'll put it this way, the Wolves will be crazy to trade him now when he's just on the cusp of becoming an elite defensive NBA center. Those guys are worth a lot in the league now.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1958 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Adenusi wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Seems like a strange time for Love to demand a trade to the Cavaliers when they were already the favorites, why risk screwing up negotiation? I wonder if all of Sam Amick's multiple sources work for the Cavs?

Look at the tweet again. He says multiple sources "under impression". Translation: I'm talking out of my ass.

I just wouldn't surprised if the Cavs are leaking this to try to gain leverage, the same way we saw the Wolves leak all those potential Love trades
C-Dub47
Junior
And1: 233

Post#1959 » by C-Dub47 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:37 pm

No, we're not moving Dieng. It really makes no sense. I like Taj, but not if we're moving a young key piece to our team.
Duke4life831 wrote:Winslow > Wiggins
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#1960 » by BullsFTW » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Worm Guts wrote:

That's an interesting offer, but I'd guess most here would be against trading Dieng.

It is. Your front-court will be complete with Wiggins, Taj, and Pek.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves