ImageImageImage

Love Thread v8.0: Is it August 23rd yet?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Re: Love Thread v8.0: Is it August 23rd yet? 

Post#1981 » by HitmanCapone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:I dont buy that getting tha young instills a winning culture. He's going to give us 5-6 wins max and there is a chance that starting Bennett gives wolves more wins if his weight can stay down. Not to mention TYoung is just for one year, rather keep the Miami pick which could get to the early teens if wade and eng get hurt and Bennett who has a much higher ceiling than Thad.

Keep in mind, it's not just the Miami pick for Thad. We also get to dump $10M in salary. If you take Thad out of the deal, it's probably a fair trade just to trade Barea, Moute, and the pick for cap space.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as I'm playing catch up we don't get to dump the $10M in salary, that's clsoe to what Thad makes, essentially we'd be giving up a 1st to clear 1 roster spot.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: Love Thread v8.0: Is it August 23rd yet? 

Post#1982 » by Krapinsky » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:31 pm

HitmanCapone wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:I dont buy that getting tha young instills a winning culture. He's going to give us 5-6 wins max and there is a chance that starting Bennett gives wolves more wins if his weight can stay down. Not to mention TYoung is just for one year, rather keep the Miami pick which could get to the early teens if wade and eng get hurt and Bennett who has a much higher ceiling than Thad.

Keep in mind, it's not just the Miami pick for Thad. We also get to dump $10M in salary. If you take Thad out of the deal, it's probably a fair trade just to trade Barea, Moute, and the pick for cap space.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as I'm playing catch up we don't get to dump the $10M in salary, that's clsoe to what Thad makes, essentially we'd be giving up a 1st to clear 1 roster spot.

Not sure if you followed the conversation above, but I was commenting from a trade value perspective.

Basically ==>
Barea + Moute for cap space ==> cost is ~ 1 first round pick (Wes Johnson trade for example)
Cap space for Thad ==> cost is ~ 1 first round pick (Afflalo trade for example)

So if we can trade Barea + Moute + 1 pick for Thad, that is good trade value in my opinion. That's all I'm trying to say.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves