ImageImageImage

Ideas for dumping bad contracts post KLove Era

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Re: Ideas for dumping bad contracts post KLove Era 

Post#41 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Klomp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/494215851361320960[/tweet]

If Kevin Martin comes off the bench that is fantastic news. Hopefully he doesn't pout and chuck even worse shots.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#42 » by AQuintus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Klomp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/494215851361320960[/tweet]

Weird that Doogie and Jon K are apparently hearing different things:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/493848578323136512[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/493840835612790784[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/493840673758806016[/tweet]

Also:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/493862706030841856[/tweet]

suggests that they want Mo (at the 1) and LaVine (at the 2) to come off the bench together.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#43 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:19 pm

I think those Jon Kraw tweets were in reference to the CLE trade only.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#44 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:33 pm

99.8% of the time when a team tried to trade somebody and couldn't, it turns out they actually wanted to keep him all along and those were just nasty, unfounded rumors. So its possible Jon k did hear they wanted to keep him for offense...after the Wolves found no market for him.
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#45 » by Swish4 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Bringing in Bennett might affect our ability to sign Kevin Durant next summer. Hopefully Bennett plays well for us and draws interest.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#46 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Swish4 wrote:Bringing in Bennett might affect our ability to sign Kevin Durant next summer. Hopefully Bennett plays well for us and draws interest.

Durant and the Lynx player broke up. So our chances went to 0%
Trust the PRosas!
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#47 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm

If we can dump cap space, the three guys that would be on my radar next season would be Marc Gasol, Markieff Morris, and Danny Green.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#48 » by andyhop » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:43 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:99.8% of the time when a team tried to trade somebody and couldn't, it turns out they actually wanted to keep him all along and those were just nasty, unfounded rumors. So its possible Jon k did hear they wanted to keep him for offense...after the Wolves found no market for him.

Flip's idea to not blow it up totally makes Martin's offense necessary though ,so it could be true
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#49 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 pm

Krapinsky wrote:If we can dump cap space, the three guys that would be on my radar next season would be Marc Gasol, Markieff Morris, and Danny Green.

I'd consider Danny Green alone a coup
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#50 » by horaceworthy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:99.8% of the time when a team tried to trade somebody and couldn't, it turns out they actually wanted to keep him all along and those were just nasty, unfounded rumors. So its possible Jon k did hear they wanted to keep him for offense...after the Wolves found no market for him.

Agreed. I also think it was more of a priority to dump Martin in the GSW deal, since Lee's $$$ would be coming this way along with a replacement at SG in Klay.

At this point, I think it's best to keep Martin until the deadline. He'll have less time left on his deal (which is fairly reasonable from a money standpoint, it's just a year too long), and he could be the best shooter/wing scorer on the market. A team are looking to gear up the playoffs might be willing to give up something of minor value for him (protected pick or B-/C+ type prospect).
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#51 » by karch34 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:54 am

andyhop wrote:

Flip's idea to not blow it up totally makes Martin's offense necessary though ,so it could be true

That's kind of what I thought.

maybe it was wanting to move him if Flip got a proven player in Thompson because you don't necessarily need the offense or salary with the extension coming due, but with someone like Wiggins you might need the offense more and the salary isn't as bad due to the cost controls you have.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#52 » by siar617 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:31 am

If you guys aren't getting Thompson or Wiggins does the Knicks deal looka little better? Maybe bring in Philadelphia so you can get Young in a three way?
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#53 » by AQuintus » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:33 am

siar617 wrote:If you guys aren't getting Thompson or Wiggins does the Knicks deal looka little better?

1) We ARE getting Wiggins.

2) No.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#54 » by wildvikeswolves » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:45 am

AQuintus wrote:
siar617 wrote:If you guys aren't getting Thompson or Wiggins does the Knicks deal looka little better?

2) No.

3. Chicago Bulls
siar617
Analyst

Post#55 » by siar617 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:47 pm

wildvikeswolves wrote:
AQuintus wrote:

2) No.

3. Chicago Bulls

Asking because the Knicks are the only ones capable of absorbing all your bad deals in one trade and give you young players and good young vets. We don't picks like the other teams but we have everything else if you look at it without topical Knick bias.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#56 » by Feilong » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:01 pm

siar617 wrote:Asking because the Knicks are the only ones capable of absorbing all your bad deals in one trade and give you young players and good young vets. We don't picks like the other teams but we have everything else if you look at it without topical Knick bias.

"give you young players and good young vets"
Names? Especially those "young vets".
siar617
Analyst

Post#57 » by siar617 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:08 pm

Feilong wrote:
siar617 wrote:Asking because the Knicks are the only ones capable of absorbing all your bad deals in one trade and give you young players and good young vets. We don't picks like the other teams but we have everything else if you look at it without topical Knick bias.

"give you young players and good young vets"
Names?

Available Knick players THjr Shumpert JR Smith Larkin Tyler Cleanthony Early Ellington Bargnani and we can also involve the Sixers so that you could get Young. Plus we can take on salary no one else can or will.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#58 » by horaceworthy » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:14 pm

The only bad contract that doesn't expire after this year is Martin, and his deal's really not exactly an albatross, it's just a year too long.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
siar617
Analyst

Post#59 » by siar617 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:14 pm

Before you guys take turns bashing these player lets remember every year people diss the Knicks pkayers untill they go to other teams then you love them.

Wilson Chandler David Lee Nate Robinson Zach Randolph Jamal Crawford Gallinari Mozgod Tony Douglas.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#60 » by Jukeness » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:30 pm

siar617 wrote:Before you guys take turns bashing these player lets remember every year people diss the Knicks pkayers untill they go to other teams then you love them.

Wilson Chandler David Lee Nate Robinson Zach Randolph Jamal Crawford Gallinari Mozgod Tony Douglas.

I think the Wolves would trade with Cleveland, Chicago, and Boston before trading with the Knicks.

Besides Randolph and maybe Crawford, none of those players are special. That makes it sound like the Knicks organization is holding players back.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves