Ideas for dumping bad contracts post KLove Era

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Re: Ideas for dumping bad contracts post KLove Era 

Post#61 » by siar617 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:33 pm

Jukeness wrote:
siar617 wrote:Before you guys take turns bashing these player lets remember every year people diss the Knicks pkayers untill they go to other teams then you love them.

Wilson Chandler David Lee Nate Robinson Zach Randolph Jamal Crawford Gallinari Mozgod Tony Douglas.

I think the Wolves would trade with Cleveland, Chicago, and Boston before trading with the Knicks.

Besides Randolph and maybe Crawford, none of those players are special.

Is that based on anything tangible or because it's the Knicks?
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#62 » by Jukeness » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:35 pm

siar617 wrote:
Jukeness wrote:
siar617 wrote:Before you guys take turns bashing these player lets remember every year people diss the Knicks pkayers untill they go to other teams then you love them.

Wilson Chandler David Lee Nate Robinson Zach Randolph Jamal Crawford Gallinari Mozgod Tony Douglas.

I think the Wolves would trade with Cleveland, Chicago, and Boston before trading with the Knicks.

Besides Randolph and maybe Crawford, none of those players are special.

Is that based on anything tangible or because it's the Knicks?

Is what you said based on anything tangible?

Not sure what part you are talking about, but if it's the first part, it's because those teams simply have more to offer. I dont think the Wolves are simply looking to dump contracts, I think they want something of value in return.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#63 » by Feilong » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:37 pm

siar617 wrote:Available Knick players THjr Shumpert JR Smith Larkin Tyler Cleanthony Early Ellington Bargnani and we can also involve the Sixers so that you could get Young. Plus we can take on salary no one else can or will.

With the exception of THjr (who is a very promising player and perhaps your future) non of the another players is worth anything. Even Shump who took a major step back last season. Your DAL players weren't even in the rotation and JR and Barg ... simply no comment. Tyler and Clean..sth i don't even know who they are.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#64 » by horaceworthy » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:45 pm

siar617 wrote:Is that based on anything tangible or because it's the Knicks?

It doesn't have anything to do with it being the Knicks, you don't have to worry about that. It's just because Wiggins, Smart or McBuckets/Mirotic is a more interesting basis for a trade than Hardaway Jr.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#65 » by siar617 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:12 pm

horaceworthy wrote:
siar617 wrote:Is that based on anything tangible or because it's the Knicks?

It doesn't have anything to do with it being the Knicks, you don't have to worry about that. It's just because Wiggins, Smart or McBuckets/Mirotic is a more interesting basis for a trade than Hardaway Jr.

I agree was basing this scenario on Wiggins not being available. The other deals i dont know about. Didn't mean what I said in a rude way sorry if you or your board were put off by that.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#66 » by Saltine » Fri Aug 1, 2014 7:10 pm

The Knicks are behind over 20 other teams when it comes to assets. They don't have any picks, and they don't have much in the way of talent. They've had horrendous management for many years...
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#67 » by QRich3 » Sat Aug 2, 2014 12:37 pm

Note30 wrote:Los Angeles Clippers -- The best suitor for KMart.

Kevin Martin has a bit of an odd position, he's a contending worthy piece, but only off the bench. I think the Clippers would be the best suitor for him. They've been looking to move contracts and we can provide great feeds to them.

CP3/Farmar
Redick/Crawford / Wilcox
Barnes/Dudley/Bullock
Griffin/Davis
Jordan/Hawes

Potential trade: Kevin Martin for Jared Dudley, Reggie Bullock, 2017 2nd

One pick and young player plus a player on either the brink of NBA extinction or rejuvenation. Perfect for Doc's small ball lineup and yet another veteran to add to the playoff push.

I could also see a Brewer Barnes deal but I think a third party would have to be involved for that much larger trade.

From a Clippers perspective, no chance that happens. We already have two only-offense, no-defense SG's that make around as much as Martin does, and we don't have enough playing time for both already. I could see a Brewer for Dudley deal, but then again there's no point in doing it since either one of them are probably gonna be on Doc's doghouse. And we regard Bullock as a future core piece, even though most fans of other teams only see a throw-in in him.

Saltine wrote:Why does Gordon get paid the Max to eat Lavine's minutes? His contract is a big negative, and that deal is nothing but a positive for NO. They would give us Gordon for JJ, Bud and Shved.

Since he was my favorite player when he played for us, I kinda feel the need of vouching for EJ. I agree that if I'm Flip, I offer NO two of Martin/Barea/Mbah a Moute and one of Brewer/Budinger/Shved, and I think the Pelicans say yes too, since they really need guys who can play off the ball (one of the reasons EJ wasn't effective last season). Then make EJ my 6th man off the bench. He shouldn't take many minutes from Lavine, since they should be able to be good playing together. Both can handle the ball as good as most PGs, and I'm not sure about Lavine, but Gordon can properly defend both PGs and SGs. Yeah he is horrendously overpaid and an injury risk, but you're already spending that salary in 3/4 overpaid pieces, and if you look at it with some perspective, rather have one guy taking minutes from your young ones than three. If you guys do that deal you automatically become my 2nd favorite team :thumbsup:
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#68 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat Aug 2, 2014 6:59 pm

Pelicans have no reason to deal with the Wolves, but if they want to trade, I'd be thrilled to get any of Gordon, Evans, or Anderson
trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Ideas for dumping bad contracts post KLove Era 

Post#69 » by trevor0333 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 5:00 pm

Post Love trade & this years expiring's, is there any reasonable way to clear space for to offer Klay a max offer next off season b4 resigning Rubio?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#70 » by Saltine » Sun Aug 3, 2014 5:11 pm

trevor0333 wrote:Post Love trade & this years expiring's, is there any reasonable way to clear space for to offer Klay a max offer next off season b4 resigning Rubio?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Unless they trade away more guys than we are expecting, nope. Too soon to tell though, if Bud, Brewer, Thad are all here and they decline their options, sure. But I can't see why Flip would do that if Martin is still here...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves