ImageImageImage

Should we trade N.Pekovic after K.Love is gone ? (POLL)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Should we trade N.Pekovic after K.Love is gone ? (POLL)

NO
61%
YES
39%

Total votes: 126

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Should we trade N.Pekovic after K.Love is gone ? (POLL) 

Post#161 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Okc gets Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin

Minny gets Steven Adams, Jeremy Lamb, Kendrick Perkins expiring, and 2015 1st

Il take a deal like this.

Adams - Good/Young player coming off the bench
J.Lamb - Great prospect, give us another young piece, better than Martin, same position.
K.Perkins - To salaries work and he is a expiring contract. 9 M$
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,923

Post#162 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:47 pm

mercgold3 wrote:Il take a deal like this.

OKC won't
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#163 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Klomp wrote:

OKC won't

For at least 2-3 years that OKC needs a Center. Everybody talks about Perkins being trash, and possible amnesty him.
If they want to reach the next level ? They do something like this. I dont see why they would not do it.

And how good Pkeovic with Ibaka would be ?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#164 » by minimus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:01 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

OKC won't

For at least 2-3 years that OKC needs a Center. Everybody talks about Perkins being trash, and possible amnesty him.
If they want to reach the next level ? They do something like this. I dont see why they would not do it.

I see two problems:
1) OKC doesn't have money to keep KD, Ibaka, Westbrook, Pek and a few useful role bench players
2) Pek won't be effective without many touches and traditional PG
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#165 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:21 pm

minimus wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Klomp wrote:OKC won't

I see two problems:
1) OKC doesn't have money to keep KD, Ibaka, Westbrook, Pek and a few useful role bench players
2) Pek won't be effective without many touches and traditional PG

I agree, but there is another problem, if OKC doesnt win anything in the next 2 years, they provaly going to lose K.Durant (2016) Westbrook (2017)... They need to improve... Because this team isnt enough to win all.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#166 » by ace625214 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Most OKC fans are in agreement that they would do Perkins/Lamb/either a 1st or PJIII. They refuse to move Adams. If you take Adams/Martin out of the deal, I think it could have happened two months ago. The deal doesn't really make sense to me now after acquiring LaVine and Wiggins. If we want another prospect, it should be a PF.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#167 » by bondom34 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Hey all, OKC won't move Adams. I would put McGary in instead of one of the picks or prospects as a PF though.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
alexlgnd
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#168 » by alexlgnd » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 pm

The lower minutes is key for Pek, and he won't be traded. All of this wont speculation is obscure and beyond me. Trade Kmart , trade bud, trade brewer, trade lrmam, but keep Pek and GD. Don't play GD at the four, it's obvious that's not his future spot, but keep Pek till the trade deadline at least. His production will be key, in my own opinion.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#169 » by minimus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:34 am

bondom34 wrote:Hey all, OKC won't move Adams. I would put McGary in instead of one of the picks or prospects as a PF though.

Hi OKC fan! Has Perry Jones showed potential to be future starter at PF?
IncredibleHulk
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#170 » by IncredibleHulk » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:47 am

I don't see the Wolves trading Pek unless they get blown away by an offer. Pek's a good vet to have on the team (he's a good player that enjoys being here and seems to have a great attitude).

Unless the Wolves are getting blown away with good-to-great offers for guys like Pek and Martin I think it would be best to keep them. They aren't the type of guys that are going to hinder a young player's development and keeping them will still allow the team to remain competitive.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#171 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:53 am

minimus wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Hey all, OKC won't move Adams. I would put McGary in instead of one of the picks or prospects as a PF though.

Hi OKC fan! Has Perry Jones showed potential to be future starter at PF?

Don't know about starter, but personally he's my favorite of the younger guys on the team. I think he has the potential to start, and some others do as well, but it's yet to be proven. He can probably start at the 2, 3, or 4 spot, and is an incredible athlete. Long defender as well. Personally, I like him more than Lamb, but most like Lamb more. PJ actually guarded Lebron pretty well in one matchup when Brooks let him guard him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
sleepless 43
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#172 » by sleepless 43 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 am

Agree Pek and Kmart should stay
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#173 » by breatnach » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:09 am

The general respect for Pek is really low when you look at general and trade boards. I really hope Flip will manage his minutes so he can play one 75+ game year, so he can get the "injury prone" lable off him.

Looking at last years stats, he only played 30.8 MPG?! I was under the impression he was run into the ground by Adelman. It will be interesting to see how many minutes he can take without sustaining too many injuries.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by Klomp » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:11 am

breatnach wrote:Looking at last years stats, he only played 30.8 MPG?! I was under the impression he was run into the ground by Adelman. It will be interesting to see how many minutes he can take without sustaining too many injuries.

It could seem like he played more than he really did because of all the games Pek sat once we had big leads.

Interesting that we were 5-21 when played over 33 minutes. His sweet spot for minutes seems to be between 27 and 33 minutes. We were 15-2 in those games.

Once again, these numbers don't take into consideration rest when we had big leads, but it's just something to think about. It falls in line with the production by minutes played stats I posted yesterday:

Klomp wrote:Here's interesting splits looking at Pek's production by minutes played:

30-39 minutes (29 games): 18.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 34.8 mpg
20-29 minutes (18 games): 18.3 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.4 mpg

Is playing Pekovic an extra 8 minutes per game worth the 1.8 rpg and 0.3 apg he gives? This is why his minutes need to be reduced.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

sleepless 43
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#175 » by sleepless 43 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:32 am

Pek is best off at about 27 min per game. At this time we need Him but when the right team at the right time comes looking we need to let him go.he really does not fit our long-term plans,I'm thinking by next season's trade deadline there will be a team that will pop.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#176 » by Narf » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:35 am

Just because Pek has no value on RealGM does not mean he has no value with real GMs.

Pek will get more than the gomers on this board think he will. But he still won't get back what he's actually worth IMHO. So keep him until his value is what it should be, no reason to sell low on the big man.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by Klomp » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:36 am

Narf wrote:Just because Pek has no value on RealGM does not mean he has no value with real GMs.

That was deep. :o

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#178 » by Klomp » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:57 am

Narf wrote:Just because Pek has no value on RealGM does not mean he has no value with real GMs.

Pek will get more than the gomers on this board think he will. But he still won't get back what he's actually worth IMHO. So keep him until his value is what it should be, no reason to sell low on the big man.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/499736091801698305[/tweet]

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#179 » by Narf » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 am

Klomp wrote:

That's what she said :D

As for the 4/48, I just want to remind you that everyone's salaries go up in 2 years with the new TV deal. Look at the crazy contracts this year and tell me Pek's not underpaid.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#180 » by Sugarless » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 am

Narf wrote:
Klomp wrote:

That's what she said :D

As for the 4/48, I just want to remind you that everyone's salaries go up in 2 years with the new TV deal. Look at the crazy contracts this year and tell me Pek's not underpaid.

Pek's not underpaid. :wink:

Seriously, it's 12M a year. He's a good offensive center with ankle problems at 28 yo. He's not an All-Star and he's not a great rim protector. He had no other offers last year and the same is happening this season to a younger, talented big like Greg Monroe. Then you have a guy like Marcin Gortat who's more of a two-way player being an excellent defender signed for the same 60M/5Y deal, or an up and comer like Derrick Favors who at 22yo was also extended for 12M a season last autumn.

He might not be overpaid (even though I never liked the deal since we were the only ones bidding), but he's definitely not underpaid.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves