Greg Monroe- Yay or Nay?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Re: Greg Monroe- Yay or Nay? 

Post#21 » by trevor0333 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
slinky wrote:I don't see how the team is better without Pek with any of these deals. I am big Milsap fan, but adding Milsap just screams mediocre team to me. With Milsap we are probably good for mid-late lottery.

Monroe does nothing for me. I see him as big downgrade from Pek.

I think Pek will be fine in an up and down game. And I think Pek is pretty underrated running the floor. Never going to burn people, but he beats a lot of people down the court with his hustle. And I think its huge to be able to dump ball off to him when we can't get something in the open floor.

If I could count on some durability, I'd prefer Pek slightly, but over the past 2 years, Pek is a stock paying a $100 dividend 58 times and Monroe is a stock paying a $90 dividend 81 times

The last 2 seasons if the wolves were in a playoff hunt at the end he would have played. His games missed is exaggerated by how bad the team was.

Pek does run the floor very well & hustles his butt back. If he could just soften up those hands!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#22 » by ace625214 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:19 am

Also, the games missed per season figure Devilz referenced doesn't account for the season being 16 games shorter in the lockout year.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#23 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:40 am

ace625214 wrote:Also, the games missed per season figure Devilz referenced doesn't account for the season being 16 games shorter in the lockout year.

It makes a difference of three games.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#24 » by kbrow20 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:47 am

Couldn't you do a 3 way trade with Boston and Detroit?
Landing Detroit its pieces they want with Green and Martin
Landing Boston Pek
Landing Twolves Monroe + Filler, maybe Bass or if you send a Cavs 1st to Boston they send KO since lets face it that late 1st wont get you a player like KO, or whatever you guys would like
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Post#25 » by slinky » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:31 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
slinky wrote:I don't see how the team is better without Pek with any of these deals. I am big Milsap fan, but adding Milsap just screams mediocre team to me. With Milsap we are probably good for mid-late lottery.

Monroe does nothing for me. I see him as big downgrade from Pek.

I think Pek will be fine in an up and down game. And I think Pek is pretty underrated running the floor. Never going to burn people, but he beats a lot of people down the court with his hustle. And I think its huge to be able to dump ball off to him when we can't get something in the open floor.

If I could count on some durability, I'd prefer Pek slightly, but over the past 2 years, Pek is a stock paying a $100 dividend 58 times and Monroe is a stock paying a $90 dividend 81 times

Normally I would completely agree...but I have a stock in Dieng that keeps gaining which makes the risky Pek more palatable.

For me its all about fit, I think Pek fits what this team needs almost perfectly. Low post scorer, effective in the pick and roll, consistent, fills well on fast break. And perhaps more importantly on a team full of young physically undeveloped players he provides just enough enforcer to make teams think twice.

Now if you want to go complete rebuild, I could get on board with that, but acquiring Monroe does not feel like a rebuild so I would stick with Pek.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#26 » by Narf » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:35 am

Monroe is scoring 16.7 points per 36 on a .531 TS%. Pek is 20+ on .580+ TS%. That's a pretty big difference. I would rather Dieng and Pek split minutes at the C spot, giving Pek 24-26 minutes a game and see if he can stay healthy. I just don't see Monroe being worth as much as Pek even in a couple years. Dieng would likely guard the other team's PF in any scenario where he's playing with either of them, so who cares there.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#27 » by ace625214 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:05 am

Klomp wrote:
ace625214 wrote:Also, the games missed per season figure Devilz referenced doesn't account for the season being 16 games shorter in the lockout year.

It makes a difference of three games.

Four games. Sure it's not huge, but that's a 16% difference. That would kill someone in my line of work.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#28 » by eyeteeth » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:36 am

Let's talk about who on the Wolves' current limbo-roster is going to score points.

Rubio - 10-15
Martin - 10-20
Lavine - ??
Shabazz - guessing 10-15, could be more
Wiggins - guessing 10-15, could be more
Brewer - 10-15
PF - ????
Pek - 20
Dieng - 10-20

Tell me again how we should trade Pek?
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#29 » by jade_hippo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:37 am

eyeteeth wrote:Let's talk about who on the Wolves' current limbo-roster is going to score points.

Rubio - 10-15
Martin - 10-20
Lavine - ??
Shabazz - guessing 10-15, could be more
Wiggins - guessing 10-15, could be more
Brewer - 10-15
PF - ????
Pek - 20
Dieng - 10-20

Tell me again how we should trade Pek?

you're forgetting Mo
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#30 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:54 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/499341259647901696[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves