ImageImageImage

Eric Bledsoe or Ricky Rubio

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

sleepless 43
Sophomore
And1: 27

Re: Eric Bledsoe or Ricky Rubio 

Post#501 » by sleepless 43 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 pm

There is some legitimate concerns over Ricky and I think I would be blind if I didn't see them.Rondo is not nearly as effective without Hall of Fame talent around him as was proven last year in his numbers.for this thing to really work for the long haul some players on this team are going to have to step up big time.this can be very dangerous for young players because it might put an unrealistic expectation on them early and hurt them for the rest of their career.Even if this was not the long term solution I think we can get away with it for a month and up his value a lot.The truth is Ricky needs other players to be great for him to be great.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#502 » by urinesane » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 pm

sleepless 43 wrote:Urinesane I agree with you a 100% I love Ricky's game also but if Flip is not committed to playing Rubio the right way its not going to work.I just want to see flip play to Ricky's strengths even if the motive is to trade him and then I'm hoping he has a change of heart.

I think he will. The whole Bledsoe thing sounds like it's just a smoke screen, I wouldn't put any value into it or in anyway take it as Flip not being confident in Rubio.

Let's just wait and see how he plays Rubio this season and I think we will quickly get our answer as to how Flip values him.

It would be crazy to not let him run the PnR with the young guys and have a free flowing offense where he let's Rubio create and more importantly gets the young guys to play with Rubio and have fun while gaining experience and building confidence.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#503 » by urinesane » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 pm

sleepless 43 wrote:Rondo is not nearly as effective without Hall of Fame talent around him as was proven last year in his numbers..

It's not really fair to judge a guy coming off a major injury based on only 30 games he played last year with one of the weaker rosters in the league. I don't think you can say a recovering Rondo with a bad roster not playing as well as he had at full health (he still averaged nearly a double double each game last year) is proof that he isn't capable of playing well with anything other than a HoF roster.

Also, if you are comparing Rubio and Rondo, you need to factor in that Rondo is 5 years old than Ricky.
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#504 » by YaleS » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:13 am

Klomp wrote:
YaleS wrote:No one sees a problem here?

No, because you're the only one who thinks we're saying Wiggins, Pek, etc will be as good as the Boston Big 3.

We aren't saying that at all.

What I meant is that it was ok for Rondo to take less off. load, becouse of his team, but RR needs to step his agression and scorring overall for our team to have some decent sucess this year.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,825

Post#505 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:47 am

YaleS wrote:
Klomp wrote:
YaleS wrote:No one sees a problem here?

No, because you're the only one who thinks we're saying Wiggins, Pek, etc will be as good as the Boston Big 3.

We aren't saying that at all.

What I meant is that it was ok for Rondo to take less off. load, becouse of his team, but RR needs to step his agression and scorring overall for our team to have some decent sucess this year.

OK, you're right. In order to win the 2015 NBA Finals, Rubio needs to average about 20 ppg.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
sleepless 43
Sophomore

Post#506 » by sleepless 43 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:53 am

THAT'S FUNNY
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#507 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 am

PHX and Bledsoe are now negotiating about the contract. Now we can all stop this madness
Trust the PRosas!
octt
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#508 » by octt » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:19 am

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#509 » by Narf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:38 am

Gee, I wonder why there's been progress....
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,825

Post#510 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:40 am

Narf wrote:Gee, I wonder why there's been progress....

Same reason why I never started writing my college papers until the night before they were due. Upcoming deadlines always make you move a little faster.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#511 » by Calinks » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:36 am

Klomp wrote:
guest81 wrote:players coming off first contracts never take discounts

Al Jefferson did.

Big HUMBLE Al! So happy he made the playoffs last year even though they got smoked. Hope the Hornets make some noise.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#512 » by urinesane » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:50 am

gold0259 wrote:
urinesane wrote:
gold0259 wrote:
With Ricky handling the ball defenses can basically go zone, and force Ricky in to bad passes and bad shots. It's basically like playing four on five with RR. No one in the league has any respect for RR shot therefore, it doesn't matter ball in hand or not, because his lack of shooting takes away from his best asset of passing because teams collapse on shooters and break up plays due to Rickys inability to keep them honest.

Just because you keep saying it, doesn't mean it will suddenly start being true.

Once again, if every team knows to sag off of him and let him shoot or make a bad pass. Why did he average a career high in assists, a career low in TOs, and took the fewest FGA/game of his career?

I hear what you are selling, but I'm not buying it (and neither are the stats).

how many of those came in quarter 4? kevin love is a good answer :lol:

He had the 5th best AST/TO (3.17) and was 3rd in STL/TO (.86).

For teams collapsing and taking away his passing lanes he doesn't seem to be struggling to get assist without turning the ball over and gets nearly 1 steal per TO (which basically nullifies them).
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#513 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:38 am

with Rubio or without,we still need a dynamic point guard off the bench.
Burke would have been nice. Still thinking if we end up with Burke @9 and Gobert @26.
Is it better than Bazz and Dieng? Just another topic to put in the what if Timberwolves vault
Trust the PRosas!
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#514 » by Feilong » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:57 am

Nitroglycerin wrote:with Rubio or without,we still need a dynamic point guard off the bench.
Burke would have been nice. Still thinking if we end up with Burke @9 and Gobert @26.
Is it better than Bazz and Dieng? Just another topic to put in the what if Timberwolves vault

If Bazz don't make a buzz this year then it is close. If he can contribute a little bit every single night then i prefer Flip's trade.
Tonight starts survivor's new season. Survivor + watching Wolves and i am happy.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#515 » by FinnTheHuman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:54 am

Nah, I'd take Dieng alone over Gobert + Burke.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#516 » by Feilong » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#517 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:57 pm

On the Suns board,theyre saying Bledsoe will get 72 million/5 years :wow:
Trust the PRosas!
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#518 » by Nitroglycerin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Would love to get Ennis out of PHX's PG logjam
Trust the PRosas!
sleepless 43
Sophomore

Post#519 » by sleepless 43 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:12 pm

EAST WEST OFFENSE
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#520 » by LordBaldric » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:On the Suns board,theyre saying Bledsoe will get 72 million/5 years :wow:

If true, that's a total cave-in by the Suns.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves