ImageImageImage

Guess player stats 2014/15

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Re: Guess player stats 2014/15 

Post#41 » by Saltine » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:55 pm

YaleS wrote:This seems like a bit of reach, but ok. I guess I just dont like this stat - when he has 3+ days rest he averages the least ppg with lowest % by far, and the only stat that is constantly improving with more rest time are assists, and they don`t have anything to do with leg power. I think people can pick whatever stat based on days rest and run with it :-?

Well, if you don't see the obvious progression from 0, to 1, to 2, days of rest. I'm sorry.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... lits/2014/
0 = TS% .458
1 = TS% .482
2 = TS% .599

Base your thoughts on the 4 games with more than 2 days off... it's very impressive ;)
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#42 » by YaleS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 am

Saltine wrote:
YaleS wrote:This seems like a bit of reach, but ok. I guess I just dont like this stat - when he has 3+ days rest he averages the least ppg with lowest % by far, and the only stat that is constantly improving with more rest time are assists, and they don`t have anything to do with leg power. I think people can pick whatever stat based on days rest and run with it :-?

Well, if you don't see the obvious progression from 0, to 1, to 2, days of rest. I'm sorry.
0 = TS% .458
1 = TS% .482
2 = TS% .599

Base your thoughts on the 4 games with more than 2 days off... it's very impressive ;)

Obviosly you don`t understand what I told you. I dont argue .45 is worse that .60, I tell you its a random stat from what you can pick whatever you like.
The base of my thoughts are that this is easily manipulated stat, 3+days rest was just an example ofc.

PS: good example is Tim Duncan
0- .538
1- .497
2- .487
3- .367

Following this logic Spurs should make Tim tired before games.
Wolves_Nation
Bench Warmer
And1: 403

Post#43 » by Wolves_Nation » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 am

YaleS wrote:
Saltine wrote:

0 = TS% .458
1 = TS% .482
2 = TS% .599

Obviosly you don`t understand what I told you. I dont argue .45 is worse that .60, I tell you its a random stat from what you can pick whatever you like.
The base of my thoughts are that this is easily manipulated stat, 3+days rest was just an example ofc.

PS: good example is Tim Duncan
0- .538
1- .497
2- .487
3- .367

Following this logic Spurs should make Tim tired before games.

Not it at all. If you pay attention to Rubio, you would know that he lost a lot of stamina after the ACL. You would also know that he was still working to get it back last season, and only at the end did he feel like he was back to speed. It means a lot when you understand the whole situation.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#44 » by Saltine » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:25 am

Wolves_Nation wrote:Not it at all. If you pay attention to Rubio, you would know that he lost a lot of stamina after the ACL. You would also know that he was still working to get it back last season, and only at the end did he feel like he was back to speed. It means a lot when you understand the whole situation.

Yep.
Rehab.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#45 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:56 am

Wolves_Nation wrote:Not it at all. If you pay attention to Rubio, you would know that he lost a lot of stamina after the ACL. You would also know that he was still working to get it back last season, and only at the end did he feel like he was back to speed. It means a lot when you understand the whole situation.

This. Look at his stats.

0 days rest: 9.3 / 3.1 / 7.6 - 34 / 30 / 80 --- 21 games

1 day: 8.9 / 4.5 / 8.8 - 37 / 34 / 81 --- 43 games

2 days: 12.6 / 4.1 / 9.1 - 49 / 34 / 84 --- 13 games
YaleS
Sophomore

Post#46 » by YaleS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 am

I would be very happy if his stamina was the problem and now is fixed, so we`ll see.
Ice32
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#47 » by Ice32 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:06 pm

YaleS wrote:
Ice32 wrote:I think you are right there - and even if we got 16 ppg from Martin, but a more balanced offense contribution form 4-5 other guys, then that's the best scenario for this Wolves team.

I think Brewer off the bench is the best way to use him, as long as he scores points well, in transition at the rim and the occasional corner three where he can hit them (in Denver 41%), 10 ppg should be expected.

Chase healthy gives us 10 points any given night. Wiggins could average 10-13 ppg. Thad is at least 15 ppg. Rubio maybe 10 ppg. Pek at least 18 ppg. Dieng maybe 8 ppg.

I think Wolves will be a high scoring team - 105 ppg. Defensively though, who knows.

Chase never avr. 10 ppg in his career, the closest he was is 9.8 with 22 mpg. You gave Chase 14mpg(i agree) and expect him to score 10ppg?

I said a healthy Chase can give Wolves 10 points any given night - not every night.

And also, what makes you think Lavine is gonna slide straight into the 8 man rotation and get mins ahead of the likes of Chase/Hummel/Mo/Brew/Bazz? Did Lavine even start a game in college? Like any rookie, he's gonna have to earn his mins and wait for his time. Sure, Flip loves the kid and he's talented, but he wont get regular mins straight away. Injuries/suspensions happen and he will get his chances. Also, I can imagine the practise sessions between Wiggins, Brewer, Chase, Lavine and Bazz are going to be very competitive - which is great for the young guys. Lavine will get his chance, but maybe not straight away. Also, I do think that Brewer may be traded either before the season starts or by deadline, so that frees up more mins for Lavine/Bazz. Who knows?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#48 » by C.lupus » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Wolves_Nation wrote:
Not it at all. If you pay attention to Rubio, you would know that he lost a lot of stamina after the ACL. You would also know that he was still working to get it back last season, and only at the end did he feel like he was back to speed. It means a lot when you understand the whole situation.

Rubio didn't have much stamina before the injury.

His numbers from his rookie year:

Dec: 3 games, .615 fg%, .667 3pt%, 8.0 p, 4.7 r, 7.3 a
Jan: 18 games, .366 fg%, .333 3pt%, 12.0 p, 4.6 r, 9.1 a
Feb: 15 games, .336 fg%, .342 3pt%, 10.0 p, 3.7 r, 7.7 a
Mar: 5 games, .310 fg%, .250 3pt%, 9.2 p, 3.2 r, 6.8 a

His production was dropping off before his injury and I wouldn't be surprised if his tired jelly legs didn't contribute to the injury happening. I do think the strength and condition is a very real thing with Rubio (more so than with other players). You can see his shot looks completely different when he's rested vs. when he's tired. When he's tired, it's flat as a table top.
YaleS
Sophomore

Post#49 » by YaleS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Ice32 wrote:
YaleS wrote:
Ice32 wrote:I think you are right there - and even if we got 16 ppg from Martin, but a more balanced offense contribution form 4-5 other guys, then that's the best scenario for this Wolves team.

I think Brewer off the bench is the best way to use him, as long as he scores points well, in transition at the rim and the occasional corner three where he can hit them (in Denver 41%), 10 ppg should be expected.

Chase healthy gives us 10 points any given night. Wiggins could average 10-13 ppg. Thad is at least 15 ppg. Rubio maybe 10 ppg. Pek at least 18 ppg. Dieng maybe 8 ppg.

I think Wolves will be a high scoring team - 105 ppg. Defensively though, who knows.

Chase never avr. 10 ppg in his career, the closest he was is 9.8 with 22 mpg. You gave Chase 14mpg(i agree) and expect him to score 10ppg?

I said a healthy Chase can give Wolves 10 points any given night - not every night.

And also, what makes you think Lavine is gonna slide straight into the 8 man rotation and get mins ahead of the likes of Chase/Hummel/Mo/Brew/Bazz? Did Lavine even start a game in college? Like any rookie, he's gonna have to earn his mins and wait for his time. Sure, Flip loves the kid and he's talented, but he wont get regular mins straight away. Injuries/suspensions happen and he will get his chances. Also, I can imagine the practise sessions between Wiggins, Brewer, Chase, Lavine and Bazz are going to be very competitive - which is great for the young guys. Lavine will get his chance, but maybe not straight away. Also, I do think that Brewer may be traded either before the season starts or by deadline, so that frees up more mins for Lavine/Bazz. Who knows?

Yes, competition for a spot is defenetly good. I think Lavine is gonna get mins 12-15 range, cause he fits our needs atm (shooting, maybe creating for himself), plus if he can`t outplay the lights of Bazz, Brew, Chase, Hummel we have srewed that pick. I`m not saying it`s a given, but I would never play Wigg/Brew together, so there goes Brew, Bazz has no range(there he goes) and i believe Chase and Zach will split mins about half way.
And another thing is that we are at developing stage, would really be suprised if we don`t give the youngster some minnutes, don`t ya agree?
YaleS
Sophomore

Post#50 » by YaleS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Wolves_Nation wrote:

Rubio didn't have much stamina before the injury.

His numbers from his rookie year:

Dec: 3 games, .615 fg%, .667 3pt%, 8.0 p, 4.7 r, 7.3 a
Jan: 18 games, .366 fg%, .333 3pt%, 12.0 p, 4.6 r, 9.1 a
Feb: 15 games, .336 fg%, .342 3pt%, 10.0 p, 3.7 r, 7.7 a
Mar: 5 games, .310 fg%, .250 3pt%, 9.2 p, 3.2 r, 6.8 a

His production was dropping off before his injury and I wouldn't be surprised if his tired jelly legs didn't contribute to the injury happening. I do think the strength and condition is a very real thing with Rubio (more so than with other players). You can see his shot looks completely different when he's rested vs. when he's tired. When he's tired, it's flat as a table top.

I think that has also to do with teams adjusting to him
Ice32
Analyst

Post#51 » by Ice32 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 am

YaleS wrote:
Ice32 wrote:
YaleS wrote:

Yes, competition for a spot is defenetly good. I think Lavine is gonna get mins 12-15 range, cause he fits our needs atm (shooting, maybe creating for himself), plus if he can`t outplay the lights of Bazz, Brew, Chase, Hummel we have srewed that pick. I`m not saying it`s a given, but I would never play Wigg/Brew together, so there goes Brew, Bazz has no range(there he goes) and i believe Chase and Zach will split mins about half way.
And another thing is that we are at developing stage, would really be suprised if we don`t give the youngster some minnutes, don`t ya agree?

I agree that this is a retooling phase the Wolves are going through, but in saying that, Flip still wants to win games, and who knows, this roster could make some noise with the talent and evenly spread scoring options. I think Rubio, Wiggins, Brewer, Thad and Dieng will def get mins together, thats a defensive force. I could see Lavine getting mins at end of 1st & 3rd qtrs, to spell Rubio/Martin. Brewer I expect will play a similar role he did in Denver, coming in for 6-10 minute spurts for pure energy spark purposes, and if he catches fire, he will play 20-24 mins on any given night. Like all rookies, Lavine/Wiggins and even Bennett still have to adjust to the game pace and quality of opponents. But no doubt, Wiggins will be solid and hopefully all star potential.
YaleS
Sophomore

Post#52 » by YaleS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 am

Ice32 wrote:
YaleS wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

I agree that this is a retooling phase the Wolves are going through, but in saying that, Flip still wants to win games, and who knows, this roster could make some noise with the talent and evenly spread scoring options. I think Rubio, Wiggins, Brewer, Thad and Dieng will def get mins together, thats a defensive force. I could see Lavine getting mins at end of 1st & 3rd qtrs, to spell Rubio/Martin. Brewer I expect will play a similar role he did in Denver, coming in for 6-10 minute spurts for pure energy spark purposes, and if he catches fire, he will play 20-24 mins on any given night. Like all rookies, Lavine/Wiggins and even Bennett still have to adjust to the game pace and quality of opponents. But no doubt, Wiggins will be solid and hopefully all star potential.

Rubio, Wiggins, Brewer, Thad and Dieng are by no ways defensive force, to have a good D you need at least 1 very good inside defender and Thad is def. not that and Dieng is good help def/rim prot. but can be exposed one on one huge time. The only guarantee about Wiggins to me is his above avr. defense and transition.
Ice32
Analyst

Post#53 » by Ice32 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:31 am

YaleS wrote:
Ice32 wrote:
YaleS wrote:

Rubio, Wiggins, Brewer, Thad and Dieng are by no ways defensive force, to have a good D you need at least 1 very good inside defender and Thad is def. not that and Dieng is good help def/rim prot. but can be exposed one on one huge time. The only guarantee about Wiggins to me is his above avr. defense and transition.

Thats your opinion, and thats fine. But Brewer/Rubio/Thad are great at forcing turnovers - all 3 were Top 7 in steals last season (yes, I know that doesn't make them good defenders). Wiggins is long enough to disrupt shooters. Dieng is a good shot blocker and will get better. Im sure Flip will be preaching defense in training camp, and with Love gone, hopefully Thad will make a better effort on the defensive end in the post than what Love did. Flip keeps referring to this team as 'two way players' which means there are several guys that can do a bit of both, defend and score points. But yes, this team will not be a great defensive team like Spurs, but will certainly create havoc in forcing turnovers and running (like George Karls Denver Nugget teams).
YaleS
Sophomore

Post#54 » by YaleS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 am

Ice32 wrote:
YaleS wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

Thats your opinion, and thats fine. But Brewer/Rubio/Thad are great at forcing turnovers - all 3 were Top 7 in steals last season (yes, I know that doesn't make them good defenders). Wiggins is long enough to disrupt shooters. Dieng is a good shot blocker and will get better. Im sure Flip will be preaching defense in training camp, and with Love gone, hopefully Thad will make a better effort on the defensive end in the post than what Love did. Flip keeps referring to this team as 'two way players' which means there are several guys that can do a bit of both, defend and score points. But yes, this team will not be a great defensive team like Spurs, but will certainly create havoc in forcing turnovers and running (like George Karls Denver Nugget teams).

Agreed, there will be tons of fast breaks and highlights comming of those steals. And I`m pretty sure Thad will husle on D, we will be very fun team to watch :nod:
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#55 » by AussieBuck » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:33 am

Rubio is going to be on ball a lot more, he'll be closer to 12 assists than the 9 some are predicting IMO.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882

Post#56 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:36 am

AussieBuck wrote:Rubio is going to be on ball a lot more, he'll be closer to 12 assists than the 9 some are predicting IMO.

The last player to average 12 assists was John Stockton in 94-95.

I'm going to say he averages 10.5 assists.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#57 » by AQuintus » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:44 am

Ice32 wrote:And also, what makes you think Lavine is gonna slide straight into the 8 man rotation and get mins ahead of the likes of Chase/Hummel/Mo/Brew/Bazz?

1) The coach and GM (actually PoBO) both LOVE the guy.

2) Hummel is 3rd string PF, he shouldn't even be mentioned here. Mo is backup PG, and Chase, Brew, and Bazz are all SFs. LaVine is one of 2 SGs on the roster currently (the other is Martin). Brewer and Chase will likely get some minutes at the 2, but I doubt they'll be ahead of LaVine in the rotation.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#58 » by AussieBuck » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 am

Klomp wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Rubio is going to be on ball a lot more, he'll be closer to 12 assists than the 9 some are predicting IMO.

The last player to average 12 assists was John Stockton in 94-95.

I'm going to say he averages 10.5 assists.

Which is right between 9 and 12. :D He was at 9.6 per 36 last season with all that handing the ball to love and not pick and roll running. Chris Paul did 11.6 on a terribly slow paced team a few years ago. I'm not saying he'll get to 12 assists but it's not at all out of the realm of possibility. I'm confident of 11+
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves