Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Re: Thoughts on Taylor's comments on Love 

Post#61 » by Note30 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:35 am

Why can't minny get good cheerleaders?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mthead2121
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#62 » by mthead2121 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:10 am

Funny how no one had this to say about Kevin before he left.
Junior
And1: 112

Post#63 » by ... » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:47 am

guest81 wrote:
... wrote:Are we still talking about this?

Glen had either Kevin Garnett or Kevin Love, two historically good players, for a total of 16 seasons. You as a franchise were only able to get out of the first round 1 time. The only constant in that 16 years has been Glen Taylor. I will talk about it until my lungs are sore because he's ruined my favorite franchise.

I'm no Taylor apologist but, really, are we still talking about Taylor's post trade comments and rewinding to the KG era? I noticed that the two consistently most replied to threads today were the Farewell, Kevin thread and the Taylor's comments thread. Meanwhile, Rubio, Pekovic, Wiggins, Bennett, LaVine, Shabazz, and company represent the brightest future this franchise has arguably had in decades yet we continue to center on the Kevins and how they were wasted. KLove was right...worry about the current team and move on. Sheesh.

EDIT: I just noticed that guest81 is the top commenter in both threads, too. Move on, brother.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#64 » by Mattya » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 am

mthead2121 wrote:Funny how no one had this to say about Kevin before he left.

Really? These all seem like things people have been talking about for years.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#65 » by southern wolf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:17 am

Are you kidding? There were dozens of threads on the GB and posters here criticising Love for his lack of defense and people questioning how he broke his hand twice.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#66 » by Saltine » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:44 am

C.lupus wrote:
Saltine wrote: That's like blaming losses on the cheerleaders outfits.

Well now that you mention it, they are entirely too big. :D

I've noticed that as well :wink:
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#67 » by King Stannis » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:24 am

All well and good, but, who has more leverage in this?
Bend the knee.

m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,115

Post#68 » by m2002brian » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:30 am

That depends on what and where is the fulcrum
BLUEGREENRED
mthead2121
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#69 » by mthead2121 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Mattya wrote:

But now that he's off the team everyone seems to have a personal problem with him and loved him when he was with him. All sounds like sour grapes but everyone has there own grieving process. I'd rather focus on the future instead of the past!
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#70 » by Mattya » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:41 pm

mthead2121 wrote:
Mattya wrote:

But now that he's off the team everyone seems to have a personal problem with him and loved him when he was with him. All sounds like sour grapes but everyone has there own grieving process. I'd rather focus on the future instead of the past!

Grieving process :lol: puh lease

I love this trade. You should have seen me at the Wolves open house when I was checking out my seats. Like I said, I just don't get some of you apologists. I remember myself and other posters being told we lost our right to root for Kevin Love during 2012-2013 when we dared to question his effort. But now all of a sudden we have sour grapes :roll:
Markkbu
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#71 » by Markkbu » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:06 am

IncredibleHulk wrote:As to Taylor's comments, it would have just been nice to see him take the high road. The problem for Taylor is that it's not like he's done much to put the right people in the organization to bring this team to where everyone wants either, so it's hard to just blame Love for not taking the team to the playoffs without also blaming Taylor.

I get that Taylor is competitive and speaking his mind. However, Taylor doesn't have a lot of goodwill left with most Wolves fans (I don't think anyway) because of the last 10ish years. So him making these comments about a player he was forced to trade away is just not a good look (especially since it was done on the day they introduced Wiggins and company. Really put a damper on all that imo.).

This is pretty much my point. And, the wolves have messed up sooooo much over the past 10 years. It would be nice to see the organization do less stupid stuff.......that goes for Taylor too.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#72 » by mandurugo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:47 am

I think plenty of people said this before he left.

Edit: I guess a couple of people already pointed out these weren't new complaints.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#73 » by Sothron » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:35 am

Kevin was getting criticism for his defense since his rookie year. The general feeling here is that his other skills more than made up for the fact he wasn't a good defender. I still believe that. You don't get guys that can get you 26/12/4 off trees. If the trade off is no shot blocking and bad positional defense then I can live with it.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#74 » by Basti » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:54 am

While I have criticized Love in the past, too, and I don't really consider Taylor's comments as taking shots at Love I don't think Glen should have opened his mouth at all. Yes, it's his right to have his opinion on stuff but it's not a smart move to make in this age of media.

And it doesn't mean Taylor doesn't have a point in what he said about Love. He, Love, should be open to criticism but when there's a history of doing that to your franchise player it really doesn't help a franchise struggling to attract (big time) free agents.

But as Mr. Lupus said several pages ago, this whole situation is blown out of proportion and can be summed up with "much ado about nothing".
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#75 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 am

Maybe this guy should just be quiet too and be happy with the player he just got

[tweet]https://twitter.com/twolvesnow/status/505059315443834880[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#76 » by Saltine » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Klomp wrote:Maybe this guy should just be quiet too and be happy with the player he just got

How dare he insult Kevin Love!
:lol:

When Kevin leaves for LA next season, you'll know why.
kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#77 » by kbrow20 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 pm

Klomp wrote:Maybe this guy should just be quiet too and be happy with the player he just got

I think this is ok. At least he has the guts to say it publicly when he can address it to Loves face while Love is on your Roster. What makes Taylor and Cavs owner bad is because they didn't have the balls to address the issue to the players face while he was on your team. If you can't tell Love about his flaws while he is on your team trying to help him improve than don't say a word about him when he goes to a different team. That's being a complete coward.
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#78 » by guest81 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm

kbrow20 wrote:

I think this is ok. At least he has the guts to say it publicly when he can address it to Loves face while Love is on your Roster. What makes Taylor and Cavs owner bad is because they didn't have the balls to address the issue to the players face while he was on your team. If you can't tell Love about his flaws while he is on your team trying to help him improve than don't say a word about him when he goes to a different team. That's being a complete coward.

Funny how cuban has never ripped dirks D. I wonder why dirks stuck around so long
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#79 » by King Stannis » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:34 pm

kbrow20 wrote:

In fairness, Gilbert didn't have much notice before LeBron skipped town.
Bend the knee.

kbrow20
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#80 » by kbrow20 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:57 am

King Stannis wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:

In fairness, Gilbert didn't have much notice before LeBron skipped town.

I understand that but all i am saying is only talk smack about your players performance on and off the court only when he is on your roster, otherwise just shut up
RightToCensor wrote:Rubio is just too damn inefficient to be a team's primary option for offense. He needs to play in a system offense for you to get the best out of him. Trade him to New York, Dallas, or any other team that could use a poor-man's Rajon Rondo.
Really LOL

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves