ImageImageImage

Steals for days

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Steals for days 

Post#1 » by Note30 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 pm

I know I'm going to get some to a lot of crap for this. But does anyone here want the people who got the most steals to start with the exception of Pek.
I know we won't be a great shooting team but....
Rubio Brewer Wiggins Young Pek.... Steals for days like we could average 9 maybe ten steals a game theoretically... All those fast breaks and if Rubio can create on his own then he won't have to do set plays which will get everyone open. They might have an easier time hitting open shots.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Re: Steals for days 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:38 am

They may go to this lineup at times, but it won't be to start the games.

Brewer is better off the bench.
And Martin will be better playing next to Wiggins as opposed to Brewer or Budinger.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Ice32
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#3 » by Ice32 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 pm

I dont think we need Rubio, Brewer and Thad to start in order to get lots of steals - I think we just will anyway. Brewer could average 1.50 steals off the bench on this roster and Rubio is always Top 3 and Thad may make Top 10 again. This team should force a lot of turnovers just off their quickness.

We need Martin starting for his 3PT shooting and ability to draw fouls. I think Brewer should be the 6th Man this year, with Mo and Dieng getting decent minutes off the bench.

My guess is that the Wolves will have 4 guys in the Top 20 steals and the Wolves will score a lot of points, but may not be a great overall defensive team.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#4 » by southern wolf » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 am

I could see a lineup of Rubio/Brewer/Wiggins/Young/Dieng forcing a ton of turnovers with a full court press or man on man.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves