How Frank Matrisciano has Improved Shabazz Muhammed

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,685

How Frank Matrisciano has Improved Shabazz Muhammed 

Post#1 » by Domejandro » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:20 am

Hey everybody, my name is Alejandro. I have been lurking this forum for a while, and decided that I would join in on the speculating. I wrote a small little article on my blog regarding Shabazz Muhammad and the "Chameleon Training" has helped him. It is primarily a source that links to other articles due to my youth and inexperience, but I feel it is a good first start, haha. Any advice for this article or any future articles would be much appreciated! Update: I added a cheesy outro. Would you put that at a yes, a no, or a maybe so? I am leaning towards a maybe no, haha.

Edited out Hotlink. I apologize for posting it, as I did not realize that was a rule.

How Frank Matrisciano has Improved Shabazz Muhammed.

(Minnesota Shooting Guard Shabazz Muhammed poses his results in Chameleon Training.)

As you may or may not know, Sophomore Timberwolves player Shabazz Muhammad has been working with the famed "Hell's Trainer" Frank Matrisciano. As seen clearly above, the workouts, named "Chameleon Training" by the trainer himself, have been doing wonders for Muhammad's body. With Bennett, per Flip Saunders' request, now joining Shabazz and veteran Center, Ronnie Turiaf, the future looks bright in Minnesota.

Who is the man that is helping mold these young players' bodies? Here are two fantastic articles on Frank Matrisciano and his roots. Business Insider describes Frank on a more personal level, while Men's Health covers what his workouts entail.

His intensity and workload is on a level that causes seven out of ten people to not return for a second session. Once working for the Memphis Tigers (UoM) Frank Matrisciano was fired by his own brother in law for refusing to lower the harshness of his workload. More on this story can be found at CBS Sports.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rhg10_Ptkc[/youtube]
(Blake Griffin experiences the Trials of Hell 2011)

From helping Zach Randolph become an All-Star to taking Blake Griffin's athleticm to another level, Frank has quickly become an urban legend among players and coaches around the country. Mostly known for he secretive tactics, such as wearing sun glasses and a bandanna to cover his face, Frank has helped many players in the NBA help achieve their goals. This is why Wolves fans should feel confident that Shabazz may one day reach the potential that was touted when he was in High-School. With his documented work ethic and Frank's never faulting energy, Shabazz will return this season as a whole new man.

In the words of KG, "We're comin'".
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Re: How Frank Matrisciano has Improved Shabazz Muhammed 

Post#2 » by Nitroglycerin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 am

nice. If he can slim down,be quicker yet retain his strength, he's gonna suprise a lot of people including me
might as well send the whole band to him
Trust the PRosas!
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Re: How Frank Matrisciano has Improved Shabazz Muhammed 

Post#3 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:15 am

Nitroglycerin wrote:nice. If he can slim down,be quicker yet retain his strength, he's gonna suprise a lot of people including me
might as well send the whole band to him

I've personally never worried about his body type, quickness, athleticism etc in terms of the offensive end. What I have worried about him is his skill level and skill set for his position. Of course this getting in great shape is going to help but unless he develops those perimeter skills such as ball handling, creating off the dribble, his jump shot etc then he's going to be what he's been offensively. I've seen very little in his rookie season to think that he's anything but pretty much a 6'6 power forward. He play's like a power forward and while he can still be somewhat valuable like this his game will continue to be very limited unless he develops said perimeter skills.

I love the body work for the defensive end and I think it could really help him get on the court with defense. Offensively, I love his competitiveness and his willingness to fight on the offensive boards and in the post and I was very impressed with his ability to play within a team concept and try and do more of the intangible things. I hope he can expand his game with those perimeter skills where his game could really take off and go to another level. I really like Bazz but I'll remain somewhat skeptical that such an evolution could occur but if anyone's gonna do it, it will be someone with a supreme work ethic and I think Bazz has that.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves