ImageImageImage

Who you think is going to be out of the rotacion ?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Re: Who you think is going to be out of the rotacion ? 

Post#41 » by Jukeness » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:51 pm

Hopefully Hummel sees 0 minutes all season, and Barea at the most gets 10 MPG.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#42 » by MinneOOPalis » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:48 pm

I think LaVine isn't going to play very much at all for the first half of the year.

Ricky/Mo/Barea/
Martin/Brewer/Bud/Lavine
Wiggy/Bud/Bazz/GR3(D-League)
Thad/Bennett/Hummel
Pek/Dieng/Turiaf
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#43 » by breatnach » Wed Oct 8, 2014 9:28 pm

Klomp wrote:
breatnach wrote:I somehow don't see Barea being bought out after playing today.

Why wouldn't they cut him loose before he gets to know everyone on the team and takes away playing time (even though it's only pre-season!) from others who will be a part of the rotation?

Best case scenario we can dump him at the deadline, but if he were to be bought out, it would have happened in the off and not pre season.

By that logic, I guess we won't be cutting Fesenko or Heslip since they both took minutes from others last night, too.

Firing someone in the middle of a project is something only managers with bad people skills do. It is better to do so after a project has been completed, so as to not risk any disruption to the team spirit and thus the rest of the project.

This does not apply to any working students who happen to be making coffee in the background.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#44 » by shangrila » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:14 am

breatnach wrote:
Klomp wrote:
breatnach wrote:I somehow don't see Barea being bought out after playing today.

Why wouldn't they cut him loose before he gets to know everyone on the team and takes away playing time (even though it's only pre-season!) from others who will be a part of the rotation?

Best case scenario we can dump him at the deadline, but if he were to be bought out, it would have happened in the off and not pre season.

By that logic, I guess we won't be cutting Fesenko or Heslip since they both took minutes from others last night, too.

Firing someone in the middle of a project is something only managers with bad people skills do. It is better to do so after a project has been completed, so as to not risk any disruption to the team spirit and thus the rest of the project.

This does not apply to any working students who happen to be making coffee in the background.

It's an interesting thought but I think the answer is much, much simpler; Glen Taylor doesn't want to pay him not to play.
djeros612
Junior
And1: 83

Who you think is going to be out of the rotacion ? 

Post#45 » by djeros612 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 9:37 am

mercgold3 wrote:
djeros612 wrote:Why do ppl post horrible rotations as if they don't know players positions ??

Pg Rubio , mo , Lavine , barea
Sg Kmart , lavine , mo , bazz ,barea
Sf wiggins , brewer , bazz , bud
Pf Thad , Bennett , dieng
C pek , dieng , turiaf

Not that complicated

There's going to be a lot of tinkering figuring out who fits with who but people putting bud at the 2 guard .. Really ? A hobbled sf playing 2guard when you just drafted Zach Lavine and been amping him up all preseason . Yeah let's take his minutes and development away so we can play a okay injury prone player out of position . Makes sense .

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Ok broh, you are the man .. you are the expert on this. So tell me, this mean that Bazz or Hummel can't play the position 4 ?

First of no Hummel can't cause he doesn't even deserve to be on the team and will ride pine unless an injury.

And bazz might be able to play the 4 but he would be undersized , he's better suited to play 3 and he can post up smaller guards at the 2.

Bazz is 6'6

Edit :

Come to think of it I wouldn't mind seeing him get some burn at the 4 if Bennett isn't productive which is very possible . But I feel like he will succeed more at the 3 or 2 then the 4 .

djeros612
Junior

Post#46 » by djeros612 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 9:42 am

Jukeness wrote:Hopefully Hummel sees 0 minutes all season, and Barea at the most gets 10 MPG.

Agreed .

Hummel was brought in to be a shooter , he can't shoot . He has 0 nba worthy strengths to his game . Yet people are giving him minutes over bazz who only played one full game and lit up the Suns .

I'll be highly upset if we kill the development of bazz/Bennett or take minutes away from brewer for Hummel .

Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#47 » by Nitroglycerin » Thu Oct 9, 2014 10:43 am

is Hummel trade eligible?
Trust the PRosas!
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#48 » by wolves_fan_82au » Thu Oct 9, 2014 12:08 pm

Robinson will be playing a fair bit this year imo esp if he keeps up what he did vs indiana
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#49 » by phonzadellika » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:37 pm

djeros612 wrote:
Jukeness wrote:Hopefully Hummel sees 0 minutes all season, and Barea at the most gets 10 MPG.

Hummel was brought in to be a shooter , he can't shoot . He has 0 nba worthy strengths to his game . Yet people are giving him minutes over bazz who only played one full game and lit up the Suns .

I agree that Bazz should play over Hummel, and Bazz did have a great game against PHO last year, but he only played a few full games because there were many other games where he wasn't bringing it. DWill had an awesome game against LAC his rookie year and look where he is now.

I have high hopes for Mr. Shabazz Muhammed but I don't think that the coaching staff is sabotaging him or making him the new caged lion.
djeros612
Junior

Post#50 » by djeros612 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:58 pm

phonzadellika wrote:
djeros612 wrote:

I agree that Bazz should play over Hummel, and Bazz did have a great game against PHO last year, but he only played a few full games because there were many other games where he wasn't bringing it. DWill had an awesome game against LAC his rookie year and look where he is now.

I have high hopes for Mr. Shabazz Muhammed but I don't think that the coaching staff is sabotaging him or making him the new caged lion.

I agree with you for the most part but at the end of the day bazz is still young and the amount of effort he plays with I want him on the court getting some burn .

And you do gotta admit bazz had literally the shortest leash a wolf has had in a long time. It was almost comical at some points in the season you woulda thought he was sleeping with Rick adelmans daughter (don't even know if he has one but you get the point)

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,140

Post#51 » by GopherIt! » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:55 pm

djeros612 wrote:

Hummel was brought in to be a shooter , he can't shoot . He has 0 nba worthy strengths to his game.

I still don't understand why Flip signed Hummel to a guaranteed contract.
Barea's 4.5M expiring may have value at the trade deadline. His attitude seems good.

Perhaps keep JJ and cut Robby.

Edit:
4000 POSTS!!!
"I am the champion my friend. I will keep fighting to the end..."

What do I win???
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#52 » by guest81 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 8:15 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
djeros612 wrote:

Hummel was brought in to be a shooter , he can't shoot . He has 0 nba worthy strengths to his game.

Barea's 4.5M expiring may have value at the trade deadline. His attitude seems good.

Edit:
4000 POSTS!!!

What do I win???

Did you watch JJ last year?!
Junior
And1: 112

Post#53 » by ... » Thu Oct 9, 2014 8:22 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
Edit:
4000 POSTS!!!

What do I win???

A rehash of your first post:

GopherIt! wrote:
Would you rather have young pitching or Johan Santana?
That's EXACTLY what I'd tell Jose7. (or anybody else for that matter.) If you want him you better offer the farm. Johan is the best pitcher in baseball. Period. Peavy? Webb? Beckett? Sabathia? Oswalt? Zambrano? Bedard? This guy do...
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#54 » by C.lupus » Thu Oct 9, 2014 8:24 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
djeros612 wrote:

Edit:
4000 POSTS!!!

What do I win???

You win a new car!!!

Klomp's buying
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#55 » by guest81 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 8:30 pm

djeros612 wrote:
phonzadellika wrote:
djeros612 wrote:

I agree with you for the most part but at the end of the day bazz is still young and the amount of effort he plays with I want him on the court getting some burn .

And you do gotta admit bazz had literally the shortest leash a wolf has had in a long time. It was almost comical at some points in the season you woulda thought he was sleeping with Rick adelmans daughter (don't even know if he has one but you get the point)

If Bazz had the ability in his arsenal known as the "pass", he would of probably got more time. I don't think he knows yet that you have two options when you get the ball
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#56 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Oct 9, 2014 10:33 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
djeros612 wrote:

Edit:
4000 POSTS!!!

What do I win???

Congrats man. I don't know if I can top the car that Klomp is buying you but I can offer The Cars 1978 self titled album on cassette as I have that as a hand me down.
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#57 » by GopherIt! » Thu Oct 9, 2014 10:59 pm

This woman is smiling because?

A. She just saw Ricky at the local Target store.
B. She was listening to a radio promo for "Dunks After Dark"
C. Crunch was meeting her for dinner.
D. She heard Jose Barea got cut and joined the circus.
E. Klomp just bought GopherIt! a new Prius. (Wait. A Prius? Really?)
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#58 » by GopherIt! » Thu Oct 9, 2014 11:06 pm

... wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
Edit:
4000 POSTS!!!

What do I win???

A rehash of your first post:

GopherIt! wrote:
Would you rather have young pitching or Johan Santana?
That's EXACTLY what I'd tell Jose7. (or anybody else for that matter.) If you want him you better offer the farm. Johan is the best pitcher in baseball. Period. Peavy? Webb? Beckett? Sabathia? Oswalt? Zambrano? Bedard? This guy do...

I sure told Jose7. Not sure what I said exactly but that's EXACTLY what I told him!
djeros612
Junior

Post#59 » by djeros612 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:11 am

guest81 wrote:
djeros612 wrote:
phonzadellika wrote:

If Bazz had the ability in his arsenal known as the "pass", he would of probably got more time. I don't think he knows yet that you have two options when you get the ball

Lol , so true . One the main things I check in the box score for bazz are assist vs turnovers . Now I'll say this if bazz can just learn to play his role calm and collected and unleash his energy at the right times he will be very valuable .

Man problem I have with him is he seems to not know when to let the game come to him instead of forcing it . It will be interesting if he can figure things out because he has a very unique and talented skill set .

Would be a lot of fun if he develops his post game more , would love for him to play the 2 and just bully guards in the post and in the boards.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves