ImageImageImage

Preseason Game 1: at Pacers (6 pm)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Re: Preseason Game 1: at Pacers (6 pm) 

Post#261 » by MinneOOPalis » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:17 pm

MKG finally reworked his shot 3 years into the league and his mechanics were worse than Rubio's.

Saying a professional can't improve their shooting just sounds ignorant.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#262 » by urinesane » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:29 pm

Basti wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Basti wrote:Reading through this thread is doesn't appear to be worth looking for the archived game, right?

On the plus side, only a few weeks left until the season starts. GIDDY UP!!!

If you want to be sold on Wiggins, it's worth it. I enjoyed what I watched last night, but you can wait till Friday if it's trouble.

I watched his game highlights, is that enough? :wink:

Yeah, it was fun to watch it in the flow of the game though. No big loss on skipping it.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#263 » by urinesane » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:34 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
urinesane wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:To be honest, after seeing this tonight, I realize Rubio is never going to be a decent shooter. He just doesn't want to understand what's wrong with his shot. If he wants to change his shot, he needs to rebuild the whole motion, the whole body movement, arm and hand movement, timing, everything, his whole idea of a jumper. He had that J in transition that really opened my eyes. He had all the time and space in the world, but ZERO mind on what shooting means.

What you wrote is absolute nonsense.

"He doesn't want to understand what is wrong with his shot?".

Did you really write that? How the hell would you know what he thinks?

1 - 6 night in a preseason game and he will never be a decent shooter...if you say so.

Are you a shooting coach or something? I thought his form looked more controlled and improved from last year. He just missed the shots (which were on target but just a bit short it seemed).

*sigh* I wish we could have the Lakers fan base. At least their ignorance is skewed towards the positive.

Well, as a matter of fact, I am a shooting coach, tho not a certified one. I help teenagers in my local club in Serbia change their shot, as every teenager needs to change it at one point when they gain enough strength.

It's not about Rubio going 1-6. It's about everything he does in the act of shooting. His shooting mechanics are bad. He doesn't use the momentum created from jumping straight and raising the ball to his head in order to release a shot. His jump has no significance at all. He starts creating momentum only by his hands when he's in the air and the ball is above his head. He doesn't release it as a natural manner of raising the ball to his head, and that's how you get an efficient high arc + momentum. His shot has 1st part of the mechanic that doesn't help the 2nd part: he doesn't jump in the air and raise the ball to his head as a vital part of his shot, he jumps only to create space. And that is the most obvious when he's taking set 3s, where he shoots without much jumping, which just shows that he doesn't need that jump, as he doesn't utilize it for anything but creating space.

A good shot requires strong and durable calves, strong and durable body in general and a lot of practice. I guess Rubio never had the body ready to shoot, so I don't blame him for not learning how to shoot in his youth.

And I still think he's worth 12 mil, I just don't think he'll learn how to shoot. He has high chances of learning how to drive tho.

That's great that you work with teens and all in Serbia, but that doesn't mean you know what Rubio is thinking or his how much he wants to improve his shot (or not in your assessment).
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,395

Post#264 » by guest81 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:51 pm

Sakuragi_ wrote:MKG finally reworked his shot 3 years into the league and his mechanics were worse than Rubio's.

Saying a professional can't improve their shooting just sounds ignorant.

who said that?
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#265 » by breatnach » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:27 pm

C.lupus wrote:
urinesane wrote:Looking forward to testing out ballstreams live game streaming, such an awesome service compared to LP.

I'll be doing that as soon as they accept my invite request

Just tried submitting one myself. How long does it take based on your experience? Because I'd rather pay slightly more for day 1 coverage at LP than wait until all star season to get on ballstreams...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves